By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever go to movies alone?

Around the Network

Sure I've done it before. Usually if it's a movie that nobody else would want to see. I went solo to see Death of a President and The Illusionist. However, I liked Illusionist so much I went again and brought my girlfriend.

The real question is, why Pirates 3? The second one was an overly long, rarely entertaining mishmash of nonsensical story elements. It was an even bigger sequel dissapointment than Matrix 2&3

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I can honestly say that Pirates 3 is the worst movie I have ever watched.

Around the Network

I´ve never gone to a movie allone, my imaginary friends are right there with me. ("breaks down half laughing half crying"). But seriously some times after going to the university in the city ill just see a movie spontaneously for the hell of it, besides its cheaper than Starbucks and as stof mentioned sometimes nobody wants to see what I want to watch, or nobodys around, but not very often the last ones where X-Men 3 (loved the animated series) and before that Resident Evil (loved Mila).  And whats wrong with sitting next to complete strangers , your taking  advice from a bunch of axe murderers for all you know (plus if youre only two people chances are both of you will sit next to one stranger).

if you go alone, bring your gun.. lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Once I was walking around london alone and felt bored, so I went and saw "Solaris" that was showing in a cinema I had just walked past- the film was pretty slow and for some reason everyone in it whispered, there were some good parts though...

Mainly it's best to watch a film with someone - it's more fun as you can discuss the film afterwards and share the insanely high priced popcorn. But if it's a film you really want to see and no one wants to go, there is nothing strange about going by yourself.

How much does it cost to go to the cinema in your area? here it costs £7.60 after 5pm.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

If you are a fan of the Pirate series, you'll probably like this one. I don't think I've ever gone to the movies alone. It feels ... wrong lol

I'll sometimes hit up the $2 theater alone to catch stuff that I won't pay premium to see, that's were I'll be seeing Spidey3 (maybe). I live in Texas, US and a film after 5 is $7.50 (I think that translates into 4.10 EU)