By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever go to movies alone?

No, going alone is just weird.

Around the Network

Never been to one alone, but If i wanted to see it bad enough and no one could make it.why not go alone?

I've never gone alone either, because I would probably feel like a loner.

I would disagree on Pirates 3 being the worst movie. Just watched it with gf and i found it quite enjoyable and refreshing. Overall, i think the whole Pirates series is a nice welcome in the overall drought of half-interesting hollywood movies. The movie doesn't take itself seriously, and that's what makes it enjoyable. I really miss good pointless and shallow pure action movies from hollywood... as for depth and artistic quality, i've been finding that in the eastern movie production (Japan,...). Altho, there is sometimes a surprise that emerges from hollywood, but those movies are sunken in the sea of other junk creations. As for going alone to see movies, i think i've never done this before, because i can find company for every kind of movie that i want to watch. Altho, sometimes i think that it would be better to go alone and spare myself from the hassle of arrangements(friends and gf are pretty busy lately, and so am i, so it's hard to synchronize)

a.l.e.x59 said:
I've never gone alone either, because I would probably feel like a loner.

How old are you guys again? When I was in my 20's (or even 15-25) I would never have seen a movie alone. But as you get older, your situation changes.

When I was holidaying in Europe (last year - was 30yrs old), I saw a movie alone in London (that big movie square area.. near Picadilly Circus I think...). I was on my own, and wanted to kill a couple of hours - so it worked out perfectly.

But at least 90% of the movies I have seen (at the cinema) have been with friends/partner.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I used to. Now my girlfriend goes always with me. No matter what. S-F, war movies etc.. No exceptions. I don't go with her on shitty women's movies though.

Where i grew up we only had one screen and people only seemed to really attend teen comedies or horror flicks so i pretty much went alone to a lot of shows just due to the fact that i couldnt get anyone to go with me and quite often i had the whole theater to myself. I remember when they re-released the original star wars trilogy it was just myself and one other guy in the theater three days in a row. it was kinda nice cause i could bring my easter candy and they didnt really mind since they werent going to kick out half of the audience.

I done it several times. The one I was the most found of was during summer in Paris. I went to a theater to see the Paradise's Gate (Michael Cimino's movie). I stil lremember the feeling of lonelyness with these scenery were characters were struggling againts what was already decided.

Ryy said:
I can honestly say that Pirates 3 is the worst movie I have ever watched.

really?, i liked it very much

I usually go to the movies alone. All my freinds live about 30min to an hour away from me and I am so busy that I usually will only go to a movie when something else falls through. So I end up decieding to go at the last minute.