By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - SaveJames - Liberal mom forcing her son to act like a girl?

JWeinCom said:

The problem is that if there is an actually conspiracy, then by definition, the evidence is being hidden.  If the evidence is hidden, you can't access it, or at least can't confirm it, so you can have no justification in believing it.

If there actually is verifiable evidence, then you can present it, and it's not actually a conspiracy theory.

I think it is by definition impossible to have sound reasoning for believing a conspiracy theory.  Even if it winds up being true (which has happened in the past), that doesn't mean there was good reason to believe it before the evidence came out.

Yes, but like I said, that is only the first step. The first step is skepticism. Often irrational skepticism, but skepticism nevertheless. However, that step tends to devolve past reaching a conspiracy as an end through the means of skepticism (however rational that skepticism may or may not be) to using the conspiracy itself as a means to interpret other, new data.

That said, I agree with your overall point. Conspiracy theories are predicated on the denial of evidence, not the presence of it. They are born from saying "I don't believe what you are telling me so I will seek an alternative explanation, even if it is less substantive than the original".

Around the Network
teamsilent13 said:
SpokenTruth said:

These tend to be mutually exclusive.

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society. I've been tested multiple times in my life. I have family whom are either successful outright or obvious underachievers. Such as my cousin being a doctor at age 21 with a lot of academic success and a perfect SAT or my grandmother who did not go to college, but got a full scholarship to go to Wharton and had extremely high skills with stenography. I forget the exact words per minute, but when my mother explained it to me years ago I looked up statistics and my grandmother wasn't far off the human records. I don't think this was any sort of mistake. My grandfather was a computer programmer for the government and was heavily relied upon by his leech fellow government workers. My uncle is a doctor in Mensa and I believe some intelligence group above it. Almost my entire family is believes in some level of untruth in society and is politically dissident (aka far right). Even the lowest IQ people in my family such as my Filipino side greatly outlier the average Filipino and are above normal intelligence. My father was in the Army Security Agency. Almost everyone in my family was measured with high IQ throughout life and put into gifted programs and such. Most of my online friends who would be considered conspiracy theorists are also of high intelligence and have measured as such.

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society.

I thought you were a teenager after reading this line...I cannot even begin to express my disappointment in discovering that you are 28. 

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 August 2019

OhNoYouDont said:
teamsilent13 said:

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society. I've been tested multiple times in my life. I have family whom are either successful outright or obvious underachievers. Such as my cousin being a doctor at age 21 with a lot of academic success and a perfect SAT or my grandmother who did not go to college, but got a full scholarship to go to Wharton and had extremely high skills with stenography. I forget the exact words per minute, but when my mother explained it to me years ago I looked up statistics and my grandmother wasn't far off the human records. I don't think this was any sort of mistake. My grandfather was a computer programmer for the government and was heavily relied upon by his leech fellow government workers. My uncle is a doctor in Mensa and I believe some intelligence group above it. Almost my entire family is believes in some level of untruth in society and is politically dissident (aka far right). Even the lowest IQ people in my family such as my Filipino side greatly outlier the average Filipino and are above normal intelligence. My father was in the Army Security Agency. Almost everyone in my family was measured with high IQ throughout life and put into gifted programs and such. Most of my online friends who would be considered conspiracy theorists are also of high intelligence and have measured as such.

False. The far left has complete control over academia and the flow of information which has created many lies in our society.

I thought you were a teenager after reading this line...I cannot even begin to express my disappointment in discovering that you are 28. 

Show some respect.  His grandma types fast.

It is not impossible that some crazy parents would do it, as some Vegan parents had done to their babies and toddlers. But in a case like this I would take the instance that parents aren't crazy to force a harsher life on the kid, so most likely the kid liked to dress a girl (and that doesn't even mean the child is gay or trans).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pemalite said:
JWeinCom said:

If you really are intelligent, you would recognize the argument from authority fallacy you're using.  It one of the more egregious instances I've seen.  If we test IQs and mine is higher, does that mean you're wrong?

Not to mention intelligence is all relative anyway.
Even a 2 year old infant that recognizes colours and shapes is more intelligent than a goldfish. Or even some Adults.

And being higly intelligent does not mean that we see every information that comes in clearly,most have biases and beliefs that invoke us to turn down our intelligence whenever it fits.

Look at H.P Lovecraft, he was highly intelligent and an ignorant ass at the same time. :p

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:

Look at H.P Lovecraft, he was highly intelligent and an ignorant ass at the same time. :p

He was a product of his time and a very sheltered, lonely life. He'll always be one of the greatest writers in history for me regardless.

SanAndreasX said:
the-pi-guy said:
I always wonder why people think that there are many parents who want their children to be transgender when they aren't.

That's something I see more and more on evangelical sites on the discussion of transgender children. They claim children are coming out as transgender because it's cool and trendy to do so. And nobody can convince those people otherwise. 

but I thought gender is a social construct?

does that not mean that the perception of being cool and trendy can cause a change in gender?

sundin13 said:
Torillian said:

For this particular instance, I think this had to do with people believing the parent that is vocal. Luna's mother decided she wanted to keep things private while the father has been out running the christian and conservative news rounds. I understand the mother's choice to try to keep her child from becoming a national point of debate, but having only one side of the story made it so easy for those who wanted to see this as a crazy liberal mother forcing her child to be trans. It takes someone going through court records to find the other side of things and you see that what we heard was only the father and his friends while we missed the testimony of Luna, two therapists, a CPS agent, Luna's twin brother, and the mother herself. 

All that said, I again cannot blame the mother. Near the end of the video in the OP the author talks about how Luna's mom had a twitter account where she would post helpful little tips for parents on all kinds of topics like making sure kids where sun screen in the heat and he would read it from time to time. Before the author posted the video, Luna's mom actually killed this twitter because every post was getting incessantly hammered for the Luna issue by conservatives. The video author talks about how this affected him and he wasn't sure why because seeing the actual abuse hadn't really had such an effect. He came to realize that he had been ascribing this almost saint-like resilience and perfection on the mother, that as long as she could ignore all the hate this was just an internet argument that hadn't affected her life. Seeing her kill the twitter was a reminder that she isn't impervious to this, and while we all debate about these things on forums there are real people on the other side of these issues often times getting hurt. 

To be fair, I'm somewhat hamstringing the discussion to talk about that portion of the video, but I found it poignant and wanted to hear others' thoughts.

Yeah, I made that post about the greater trend before watching the video, not about this specific incident. While it does seem like Munchausen by Proxy was mentioned in the video, it doesn't really seem to make any sense like you said.

I will say that the video was really well made and I highly advise anyone who has heard about this incident to at least watch a bit of it, as it does provide a substantial amount of additional context and show how the prevailing narrative is inaccurate and deceitful.

I feel like there isn't much else for me to say, however, I do think we see by how few posts this thread is getting though that those who do support stories like this aren't really interested in the truth and are just interested in propaganda for the culture war... Thats just my opinion though.

"however, I do think we see by how few posts this thread is getting though that those who do support stories like this aren't really interested in the truth and are just interested in propaganda for the culture war"

what did you expect in terms of discussion from this thread? does this one situation where presumably the little boy wants to be a girl or whatever mean that there isn't a wider problem with how this issue is presented?

SpokenTruth said:
teamsilent13 said:

I mean you're wrong, but you believe what you want. We have an entire fake news media which lies directly to its audience with the exact opposite of the truth. It's pretty much the opposite. I am a conspiracy theorist of sorts and I have over 145 IQ.

These tend to be mutually exclusive.

you can't seriously be saying that you don't think groups of people ever conspire against other people in secret?

o_O.Q said:

"however, I do think we see by how few posts this thread is getting though that those who do support stories like this aren't really interested in the truth and are just interested in propaganda for the culture war"

what did you expect in terms of discussion from this thread? does this one situation where presumably the little boy wants to be a girl or whatever mean that there isn't a wider problem with how this issue is presented?

Quite the opposite actually. There very much is a wider problem with how "this issue" is presented. You and I just disagree on what that problem is.