By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami, after 6 hr of play

Great news I got Okami Today

One thing comes to mind great GAME !!!!

Want to know more, let me say that this game is everything you read and more

I got the game at 11 AM today and I played the game for six hours strait and what an experience so far don’t believe anything you hear about the controls from NP, Or Games radar  the controls have a small learning curve but after you get use to them you don’t want to go back just like with any FPS you just don’t want to go back. Get the game play the game enjoy the game its great. PS the graphics let me say second only to MP3, or  SMG.

Around the Network

Hasn't this game been out for ages?

Aj_habfan said:

The wii version.

Aj_habfan said:

You know Aj_habfan, according to your posting history you posted in the thread where we were predicting Okami Wii first week sales, which makes me surprised you seem to have forgotten it existed...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

I agree - I haven't had so much fun with a game since I finished Galaxy.

My only complaint so far is that the Nunchuck dodging move seems to send me off in odd directions, but that's extremely minor considering I never use it anyway.

Around the Network

dont have the wii version, but the graphics on the ps2 are still second to none for me. literally, the best looking game.

game was absolutely fantastic. anyone with reserves should just get the game.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

alpha_dk said:
Aj_habfan said:

You know Aj_habfan, according to your posting history you posted in the thread where we were predicting Okami Wii first week sales, which makes me surprised you seem to have forgotten it existed...

Oh c'mon, let the trolls be.......well, .........trolls

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Reviewers say that is you loved Twilight Princess, you'll loved this game too, is this true?

I've been playing off and on since 11 as well. Phenominal.

Has anyone noticed the similarities in the cell shading graphic style to Viewtiful Joe (also a Capcom game)? VJ is nowhere nearly as pretty or artisic, it's actually kind of ugly even though the game is phenominal (though not on the same level as Okami). But there's something about the way the drawn edges look at the borders that remind me of VJ in an abstract way. Also the was 3d objects are flat. Even the way slow motion comes into play in some of the battle scenes.

Back on topic, Okami is so far above and beyond the hype. If you have any doubts about this as a must purchase, drop 'em and just get the game. The Wii needed an epic game at this level, even though it is a PS2 port. If all PS2 ports were this good, I would have much less of an issue with ports. This one's as strong as the RE4 GC/PS2 port.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
pichu_pichu said:
Reviewers say that is you loved Twilight Princess, you'll loved this game too, is this true?

'Tis true. Some people actually say Okami is better than Zelda:TP. So yeah, if you're a fan of Zelda, you must have this game. 

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures