By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami, after 6 hr of play

^I think its true. Though of what I have played so far I wouldn't say it is better then Zelda. But we will see

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
radioioRobert said:
I've been playing off and on since 11 as well. Phenominal.

Has anyone noticed the similarities in the cell shading graphic style to Viewtiful Joe (also a Capcom game)? VJ is nowhere nearly as pretty or artisic, it's actually kind of ugly even though the game is phenominal (though not on the same level as Okami). But there's something about the way the drawn edges look at the borders that remind me of VJ in an abstract way. Also the was 3d objects are flat. Even the way slow motion comes into play in some of the battle scenes.

Back on topic, Okami is so far above and beyond the hype. If you have any doubts about this as a must purchase, drop 'em and just get the game. The Wii needed an epic game at this level, even though it is a PS2 port. If all PS2 ports were this good, I would have much less of an issue with ports. This one's as strong as the RE4 GC/PS2 port.
But Okami Wii is the exact same game, isn't it?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

radioioRobert said:
I've been playing off and on since 11 as well. Phenominal.

Has anyone noticed the similarities in the cell shading graphic style to Viewtiful Joe (also a Capcom game)? VJ is nowhere nearly as pretty or artisic, it's actually kind of ugly even though the game is phenominal (though not on the same level as Okami). But there's something about the way the drawn edges look at the borders that remind me of VJ in an abstract way. Also the was 3d objects are flat. Even the way slow motion comes into play in some of the battle scenes.

Back on topic, Okami is so far above and beyond the hype. If you have any doubts about this as a must purchase, drop 'em and just get the game. The Wii needed an epic game at this level, even though it is a PS2 port. If all PS2 ports were this good, I would have much less of an issue with ports. This one's as strong as the RE4 GC/PS2 port.

Viewtiful Joe was made by Clover actually. The similarities are to be expected all things considered.

So I am on the fence about this game, and perhaps you people can sway me. As of now I am leaning towards not getting it because the brush stroke feature sounds annoying to me. What exactly do you need to use it for, and is it possible to combat enemies effectively without it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I got it today as well and I'm LOVING it. I'm so glad I finally got to experience Okami. Such a wonderful game.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Well only 250,000 people ever bought Okami, so it's new to a lot of people.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

I also picked it up today, only played for about an hour, but seems like a lot of fun so far.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

i just ordered a copy from amazon today all the reviews says it good so I'm giving it a shot

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I couldn't get it today because my GameStop doesn't get their shipments of brand-new games in until around 1:00-2:00, apparently, and I had to work at 2:00. =/

I'll get it in the morning.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Hey listen you won’t regret this game at all order it, 40 dollar ha I would have paid the 50 dollar price.

I've pre ordered the game should be shipped out today and hope to have it next week... can't wait. Have to hurry up with Folklore But I had to hurry in games

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo