By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One owners: Are you guys excited for Project Scarlett?

Are you excited for Scarlett?

Yes, day one for me 12 32.43%

Yeah, but I'm not going to buy it at launch 7 18.92%

I don't know, I will wait for more details 9 24.32%

No, no interest at all 9 24.32%

Total:37
dx11332sega said:
I am getting one at launch , Hope PS5 and Xbox scarlet lets you download everything in next consoles like port entire catalog from ps4 to ps5 digitally so i can finally sell my PS4 and Xbox One x especially being able to play japanese exclusives made for japan region only 8th gen ps4 and xbox available for next gen .

Considering they will be BC that is very likely.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
dx11332sega said:
I am getting one at launch , Hope PS5 and Xbox scarlet lets you download everything in next consoles like port entire catalog from ps4 to ps5 digitally so i can finally sell my PS4 and Xbox One x especially being able to play japanese exclusives made for japan region only 8th gen ps4 and xbox available for next gen .

Would be amazing if they were as easy as DX11332Sega is suggesting though, just to have the X1Scarlett and PS5 have a section of their respective online stores be dedicated to every game from the ps4, I'm not sure if the impact on last gen ports sales would hurt the bottom line, I mean one of the best early selling games on the ps4 was the remaster of the last of us and I think one of the highest selling games this gen was GTAV on the ps4, the sales of that could have been hampered somewhat if people were able to easily play the ps3 version of GTAV that they would still own or have been able to find cheap in second hand stores.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
DonFerrari said:

Would be amazing if they were as easy as DX11332Sega is suggesting though, just to have the X1Scarlett and PS5 have a section of their respective online stores be dedicated to every game from the ps4, I'm not sure if the impact on last gen ports sales would hurt the bottom line, I mean one of the best early selling games on the ps4 was the remaster of the last of us and I think one of the highest selling games this gen was GTAV on the ps4, the sales of that could have been hampered somewhat if people were able to easily play the ps3 version of GTAV that they would still own or have been able to find cheap in second hand stores.

Yep, on PS4 if you use your account on a different console you can just go to library and see the games you want and download (should have a multiselection option as well) so there is chance of a very streamlined "BC session on the library with a multiselection option". Will probably impact some, but this gen several crossgen had those buy on one and pay another 10 bucks for both (digital of course). They can make an enhanced patch for 10 bucks if they see it giving a lot of profit. Not that many buy old games on new consoles anyway so the small fee would more than cover any possible lost sale (of course not talking about games that launched less than 1 year ago, those still have people purchasing them, these will probably be remastered or something).

dx11332sega said:
DonFerrari said:

Thanks  :) can you comment on my new thread?

If you give the link sure.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yep, on PS4 if you use your account on a different console you can just go to library and see the games you want and download (should have a multiselection option as well) so there is chance of a very streamlined "BC session on the library with a multiselection option". Will probably impact some, but this gen several crossgen had those buy on one and pay another 10 bucks for both (digital of course). They can make an enhanced patch for 10 bucks if they see it giving a lot of profit. Not that many buy old games on new consoles anyway so the small fee would more than cover any possible lost sale (of course not talking about games that launched less than 1 year ago, those still have people purchasing them, these will probably be remastered or something).

dx11332sega said:

Thanks  :) can you comment on my new thread?

Oh yeah like the way they handled Minecraft on the PS4 for example? That was pretty cool way of doing it, that you had to buy a ps4 upgrade to the game instead of just shelling out for the complete cost of the title again. If that became the norm it would encourage people to buy software more based on the fact that a digital copy of the ps3 game there entitled users to a cheaper version of the software on the ps4, so ya know.... you didn't lose out by buying the game on the last gen machine and enjoying it there first.

Would  be like if music companies would offer you a cheaper itunes download code if you submitted a picture of the vinyl of the album! (although most new album's I've picked up on Vinyl do have a download code for them inside the sleeve)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

dx11332sega said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Can you comment on my new thread ? they'll probably do old Call of duty Modern warfare xbox 360 BC and also release Call of Duty Modern warfare remaster which I think kinda sold maybe add extra feature in remaster not in previous gen maybe?

I'm there! That thread name is terrible though!! It hurt my head trying to read it the first time, especially considering that you pose the statement as a question.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
DonFerrari said:

Oh yeah like the way they handled Minecraft on the PS4 for example? That was pretty cool way of doing it, that you had to buy a ps4 upgrade to the game instead of just shelling out for the complete cost of the title again. If that became the norm it would encourage people to buy software more based on the fact that a digital copy of the ps3 game there entitled users to a cheaper version of the software on the ps4, so ya know.... you didn't lose out by buying the game on the last gen machine and enjoying it there first.

Would  be like if music companies would offer you a cheaper itunes download code if you submitted a picture of the vinyl of the album! (although most new album's I've picked up on Vinyl do have a download code for them inside the sleeve)

It also help games not be overlooked because they are crossgen, people to hold out purchases and everything else.

Not really.

Partly because I've been doing less gaming, might take a few years before we see a big generational leap and X1X already gave a big boost to console visuals.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm excited! It sounds like some new lingerie item.  They should just call it Project Sex.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 18 August 2019

I'm taking wait and see approach.

First of all, we still know nothing about Scarlett and what's MS plan for next gen. Second, I think that for me personally it will depend on system's overall popularity and therefore developers and retailers support. There is already not a good sign for Xbox on retail front in my region. If it gets even worse next gen, I think I'll pass on Scarlet no matter how good it will be.

I want to play Halo Infinite and Forza Motorsport 8 on scarlett with 4k 60 fps and i want to test Microsofts new AI in Cooperative and the Campaign of Halo infinite. Im also exited for Forza Motorsport 8 because it has 3 years of development and they said that they are developing it closer with the community so i hope it goes more in the direction of real motorsport again. And yeah i also want to play Battlefield Bad Company 3 on it which i think it will be the next Battlefield and release together with the new consoles.

Perhaps we also see a new fable, but i would hope that we see a new ip which goes more in the direction like Gothic or the elder scrolls rpg`s with the decision to play good or evil^^