By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Smartphone do you use?

What's your Smartphone Brand?

Apple 16 20.25%

Samsung 18 22.78%

Nokia 3 3.80%

Huawei 5 6.33%

Google 6 7.59%

OnePlus 6 7.59%

Xiaomi 2 2.53%

HTC 0 0%

Another brand 22 27.85%

Still using a good ol' cellphone 1 1.27%

Total:79

ZTE Blade V8.

It's complete garbage. Not even 2 years old; it takes only a few hours for the battery to go from 100% to 0% but twice as long to charge; it constantly overheats; and for some reasons all Google services suddenly stopped working two months ago.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much though, I only paid €130 for it so I should have seen it coming.

Around the Network

I grabbed a Moto Z Force a few years ago. I was looking for another phone but the lady showed me that you could connect a projector to it and I was sold!

A few years later and it's still my favorite phone. I got another one last year--the exact same phone--because no other phone had the lineup of features I'm used to. I even have a wafer thin battery "mod" that connects to the back. The screen is pretty much impervious to cracks. It's still pretty powerful, too.

S.Peelman said:
iPhone 8.

A red one, normal size, I don’t like the big size phones. Actually this one’s already slightly too big but it’s not like I have much of a choice. The size of my previous phone, iPhone 5, was perfect. Before that I had a 4 and before that a 3G.

Phone size is one of the main reasons that i haven't upgraded in so long. I kept hoping that Apple would release another smaller model, like my SE, but it doesn't look like they're going to do so. These bigger phones suck if your work outside as they're so bulky in your pocket. They also don't fit into a cupholder like the smaller models do. :(

BraLoD said:
Samsung Galaxy S7

I own a sony Xperia xz3 for the main reason of being remote play compatible.
With the dualshock4 controller attachment, I have as much fun with it as my switch. 😉

Around the Network

Nokia 6.1 There are only two viable ecosystems (Android and iOS), and of them, only Android is somewhat open, so Android it is. However, Android phones have this problem where they have terrible support in terms of updates. Android One is currently the best solution to that that I'm aware of, which really restricts my options. My favourite option from the Android One phones was Nokia 6.1 I do like it quite a bit, although its lack of a notification LED is annoying. Still, I've learned to live with it, although I would prefer to have one.

Android still sucks because of how system updates go, but options are few.

LurkerJ said:
SvennoJ said:
None. I cancelled my cell phone plan 10 years ago, never looked back.

How do you get by? If you're an employer or an employee, I imagine having a phone is obligatory nowadays? Curious. 

Home phone, email. And when I travel I have my laptop with me, there's wifi everywhere nowadays including planes. If I'm out off the clock I don't want to be reachable.

Galaxy S9

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Sony Xperia XZ2

I use a OnePlus One. Since they removed the headphone jack from their latest models, I won't be getting a new one from OnePlus.