By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft should put Halo on Switch

Please bring Zelda:BoTW, God of War 4 and Banjo 3 to Xbox One, thank you.

我是广州人

Around the Network

Yes they absolutely should and they should also port Rare Replay with DKC 1-3, DK 64, and Diddy Kong Racing added. It would sell very well and would move hardware.

tsogud said:
Yes they absolutely should and they should also port Rare Replay with DKC 1-3, DK 64, and Diddy Kong Racing added. It would sell very well and would move hardware.

The older Rare games and stuff like Killer Instinct 2013 and Ori are all good choices for Switch conversion; its not like those games are selling Xbox hardware, so MS would have nothing to lose by bringing them over, like they did with Cuphead.

curl-6 said:
tsogud said:

The older Rare games and stuff like Killer Instinct 2013 and Ori are all good choices for Switch conversion; its not like those games are selling Xbox hardware, so MS would have nothing to lose by bringing them over, like they did with Cuphead.

Yeah I completely agree, those are good choices. I would buy KI for Switch day one, I love that franchise. I honestly thought we would at least have Ori on the Switch by now, it's a perfect fit like Cuphead.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
If the Xcloud service comes to Switch, then they can play every Halo game.

I feel like MS might just opt for that before porting a huge project like MCC to Switch.

I didn't mean port the MCC with all its Xbone enhancements to Switch, as that could get tricky, I think it'd be easier to just port the PC versions of Halo 1 and 2 and the 360 versions of 3/4/Reach. That shouldn't be overly difficult.

Ports to Switch are usually done using 8th gen versions. Might be for similar architecture reasons. I was always surprised Vita struggled to run PS2 ports, until I realized these were half assed ports of the more demanding PS3 versions.

Given almost every mode of MCC runs at 1080p/60 fps (excluding Halo 2 Anniversary graphics) on a base X1, MCC could likely run dynamic 1080p/30 fps on Switch.

So if any port work happened, safe bet it would be MCC content which would also allow for cross play of X1, PC and Scarlett via BC. Multiplayer is less demanding so that could potentially be 60 fps on Switch with a lower resolution.

Frankly, I would like to see it. They could get a 3rd party studio to do all the work.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I didn't mean port the MCC with all its Xbone enhancements to Switch, as that could get tricky, I think it'd be easier to just port the PC versions of Halo 1 and 2 and the 360 versions of 3/4/Reach. That shouldn't be overly difficult.

Ports to Switch are usually done using 8th gen versions. Might be for similar architecture reasons. I was always surprised Vita struggled to run PS2 ports, until I realized these were half assed ports of the more demanding PS3 versions.

Given almost every mode of MCC runs at 1080p/60 fps (excluding Halo 2 Anniversary graphics) on a base X1, MCC could likely run dynamic 1080p/30 fps on Switch.

So if any port work happened, safe bet it would be MCC content which would also allow for cross play of X1, PC and Scarlett via BC. Multiplayer is less demanding so that could potentially be 60 fps on Switch with a lower resolution.

Frankly, I would like to see it. They could get a 3rd party studio to do all the work.

That's a good point. Regarding third parties, I'm thinking Saber might be a good choice, they did some of the work on the MCC and they're porting Witcher 3 to the Switch so they have experience with both the content and the platform.

Azzanation said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I already know what youre saying, but whats going on is beyond your first and second point.  I see its you who doesn't get my point. Not only is Nintendo profting somewhat off of having third party xbox games on their hardware, but they also get the competitions games. Xbox merely gets the sales of the copies and Xbox Live accounts (that which is the primary core of what Xbox is now). Its all about the services. All they  need after that is to get gamepass onto the Switch. Xbox gets nothing in the way of games from Nintendo, which from a gamer perspective is a lesser deal (not business). We can only speak for ourselves.

What Xbox is doing futureproofing themselves as a soft third party because consoles are no longer a primary option for them. The money they make from everything elses funds other ventures. LOL Its not hard to understand? Consoles are now pretty much for the fans who want them. Xbox fans are no longer the focus as it pertains to the Xbox. Everyone can be an xbox fan now. lol Windows ten is no threat to Steam and windows ten gaming is where Microsoft lays their claim towards the PC market. Even Phil Spencer knows that venture has a long way to go in itself and it isnt changing PC gamers minds anytime soon. So what are they doing? Porting to Steam.

As for the PC argument, Microsoft is spreading Xbox Live accounts on their competiton's hardware. Again, this plan should not even be that hard to understand. Xbox might be having another gen, but where their games land is up to the consumer from now on.

You don't believe what you are actually are saying do you? You actually think Nintendo will make more money off Xbox games sold on the Switch than actually Xbox who own the IPs if they sell on a Nintendo platform? Did I actually read that correctly? Xbox will be making a lot of money off Switch owners just like PS4 owners buying into Minecraft and future Xbox own titles like Bleeding Edge, Psychonauts 2 and The Outer Worlds just to name a few. MS will make more money selling there games on the Switch than selling the hardware for it. Same goes for PlayStation except PS doesn't want to go that route yet (aside from PSNow which is growing fast)

Quote "Lol Windows Ten is no threat to Steam" Huh? Read the graph below.. Windows Ten thrives off Steams success, its why MS have been supporting Steam lately and not directly competing with them anymore. Steam sells Windows and that makes MS money and puts those customers under the MS eco-system.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/265033/proportion-of-operating-systems-used-on-the-online-gaming-platform-steam/

You want to know what happens when two companies work together in a friendly manner like MS and Nintendo have been doing lately, it breeds good relationships. That means features like Cross-Play etc. Maybe one day will see more characters and game cross overs in the near future between Nintendo and Xbox. Your hindsight is very short term focus here. 

Where me and you are very different here is that I am all full friendly competition. I much rather see my favourite brands work together making gaming a better place for everyone unlike the opposite. I am also a huge Nintendo fan so these moves only benefit me and make gaming a much better place.

I said profiting somewhat, and youre acting like I said they are making more money. LOL How ridiculous. I wouldnt be saying what I am saying if Phil Spencer didnt utter it himself. Xbox is going to behave like a soft third party. They are merely making the console as an option. Its no longer the priority and Spencer said it himself.

Its not friendly competition, its giving your games to your competiton, which by definition is third party.

Ashadelo said:
Please bring Zelda:BoTW, God of War 4 and Banjo 3 to Xbox One, thank you.

Nintendo and Playstation want to sell consoles because not only do they know they can win, but they survive on selling consoles. Xbox is more focused on XCloud and brand right now than the health of the Xbox console. People shouldve understood this when XBox games went to Switch but nothing was given back in return. Xbox gamers are second glass citizens to the brand they built.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I said profiting somewhat, and youre acting like I said they are making more money. LOL How ridiculous. I wouldnt be saying what I am saying if Phil Spencer didnt utter it himself. Xbox is going to behave like a soft third party. 1) They are merely making the console as an option. Its no longer the priority and Spencer said it himself.

2) Its not friendly competition, its giving your games to your competiton, which by definition is third party.

Well it sounded like you were saying Nintendo gain everything and Xbox gained nothing, but lets digress. They all make money which further supports the games we want to see more of in the future. 

1) Xbox is an option, not merely an option as you stated above. They wont be investing big dollars on a merely optional product. Unless you think MS are cheaping out on the Scarlett than that's another debate for another time.

2) It is pretty much friendly competition as either conpany is trying to put each other out of business (i cannot speak for Sony here, i think we all know what they want) MS is basically using the Switch as there Portable device where as Sony will make a Portable device to out do and compete with Nintendo head on as we have seen Sony try in the past on multiple occasions.

Xbox and Nintendo are not only helping each other via selling 1st party IPs on different platforms, plus adding features like Cross-Play and helping merge the two gaming communities togother. We know Sony dont want to share the gaming space with others as we all learnt that with the Fortnite and Rocket League debacle etc. That's the directions we have seen lately with the big 3 brands. You have heard this many times now and not from me, Nintendo and Xbox are not competing for the same space. Switch sales don't hurt X1 sales as much as PS4 sales do etc.

Its all a wait and see approach and lets see how this all unfolds next gen. 

EDITED: 

Quote - People shouldve understood this when XBox games went to Switch but nothing was given back in return. Xbox gamers are second glass citizens to the brand they built.

^So you state that Xbox gamers are 2nd glass citizens in another post.. How do you work that out? because another platform can play the same games? I mean if you want the ultimate console game experience you wouldn't be playing games like Gears or Halo on the Switch as its not rocket science that those games will be superior on the Xbox consoles.. that doesn't sound like 2nd glass citizens to me. (what ever the hell that actually means)

Last edited by Azzanation - on 01 August 2019

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Azzanation said:

You can argue that it makes sense for any game IP to cross to the Switch but i feel Halo is the eco-system seller. 

Maybe if GamePass was on Switch because GamePass is there doorway to that eco-system.

Some will argue that Halo is on Steam which avoids MS eco-system however they fail to see that MS already have you with that Windows purchase.

There is a reason why Xbox fans have received nothing while Xbox gains everything from their deal with Nintendo. Its not about brand identity for them outside of reaching the widest group of people. If they want to act like a third party, they need to start spreading their seed elsewhere.

Microsoft does not have PC gaming as a majority. Much like Sony has home consoles and Nintendo has handhelds, Steam has PC. Microsoft technically has no stable base of people. The current way for they are choosing to grow is to pick from everyone else's userbases and spread Xbox Live and Gamepass that way.

I agree...