By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain previews are coming out and things are looking very good

Tagged games:

Really liking this game a lot more, if only they could have made the finishing blow more unique for bosses, but that won't stop me from buying it.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

It's not for me, but I hope it sells well. I'm a little concerned in that regard as it feels like outside of the Nintendo hardcore its basically unknown, even most Switch owners I know are/were unaware of its existence.

It always seems that way with Platinum, their games get little to no mainstream advertising, and are so out there that while they appeal well to enthusiast gamers they're a tough sell to the average Joe who prefers their games safe and standard.

I echo curl's concerns that it just isn't well known enough, but it's great to hear that it's looking good. Hopefully it becomes a surprise hit. If not, if it's as good as it looks it'll still definitely end up remembered as a hidden gem.

mZuzek said:
Sadly, just today I started considering not getting this game day 1, as it'd be a lot better for me to have its $60 hit me on the September bill rather than the August one. I don't know if I can wait a week, though. Time will tell.

I'm in this boat as well. In fact I'm quite familiar with this boat.

curl-6 said:

It's not for me, but I hope it sells well. I'm a little concerned in that regard as it feels like outside of the Nintendo hardcore its basically unknown, even most Switch owners I know are/were unaware of its existence.

It always seems that way with Platinum, their games get little to no mainstream advertising, and are so out there that while they appeal well to enthusiast gamers they're a tough sell to the average Joe who prefers their games safe and standard.

Well, at least there's a chance good word of mouth helps it to sell above expectations, like what happened with Nier Automata, which is basically the same kind of game as Astral Chain and still sold more than 3 million.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
curl-6 said:

Well, at least there's a chance good word of mouth helps it to sell above expectations, like what happened with Nier Automata, which is basically the same kind of game as Astral Chain and still sold more than 3 million.

I sincerely hope so, Platinum and their games deserve way more success and exposure than they usually get.

This just seems like exactly the kind of game I can see being adored by its audience but selling like 500k lifetime.

Yea does look pretty polished game. Was watching some of that Daemon X Machina footage in same video. Was pumped for that game when announced then it had semi negative reviews on people that played demo. Looks like they are trying to improve it but won't be the ultimate Mech game I was hoping for but should still be pretty damn fun for people that like that genre. Astral Chain looks a lot more polished of the two games.

Well if Neir Automata can sell 4 million copies across PS4, XB1, and PC, then I think it's possible for this to break a million. Wonderful 101 did 640,000 on the Wii U's small install base. 101 wasn't all that great of a game. The art direction and premise of 101 felt kiddy. Meanwhile Astral Chain's premise and art style look cool. If this AC gets high 80's or 90's across the board I can see it easily beating 101 in sales.

really love the fact that Nintendo is throwing money at a few projects like this and the newly released Marvel ultimate alliance 3, those games might not be everyones cup of tea but they're also titles which were never going to be on all 3 systems and then Nintendo fired a wad of cash to make them exclusive to the systems, instead you've got games from the ground up being gifted a mario cheque to create some cool titles for the Machine, it really is a great way to do things for positive PR imo.

I'm not saying that games like this are going to be for everyone, but I just mean that in the last 2 weeks you got half a million new Switch owners, chances are at least some of those are going to be marvel fans or some of them would love to see a new IP from platinum on their system, Nintendo have done great at making sure that the Switch has at least a selection of games for fans of most genres, the only thing that's kinda sorely missing still is a proper driving simulator like Forza or Gran Turismo, there is 2 versions of gear club on the system and both of them are really lacking in features and tracks.... Grid on the way soon, I'm so hoping that port works well.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It does look like a brilliantly made game, I personally just find the (human) character designs and VA incredibly off-putting. I know that may sound superficial, and maybe it is, but I feel like they'd just constantly bug me throughout the experience and stop me properly enjoying it.

Ah well, it's not Platinum's job to cater to my tastes, so I still wish the game success.