By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain previews are coming out and things are looking very good

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:

It's not for me, but I hope it sells well. I'm a little concerned in that regard as it feels like outside of the Nintendo hardcore its basically unknown, even most Switch owners I know are/were unaware of its existence.

It always seems that way with Platinum, their games get little to no mainstream advertising, and are so out there that while they appeal well to enthusiast gamers they're a tough sell to the average Joe who prefers their games safe and standard.

I wouldnt worry about if after Nier.If Nier managed to sell extremely well being such a mediocre game, Astral Chain will be fine as long as the game is as good as the previews makes it out to be.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Yesss i am super ready for this game.. i liked what i saw from the very first trailer

Nintendo Freind Code: SW-4075-9631-2912

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXcqI8b10pET5-IuPz5cfw

Cerebralbore101 said:
Well if Neir Automata can sell 4 million copies across PS4, XB1, and PC, then I think it's possible for this to break a million. Wonderful 101 did 640,000 on the Wii U's small install base. 101 wasn't all that great of a game. The art direction and premise of 101 felt kiddy. Meanwhile Astral Chain's premise and art style look cool. If this AC gets high 80's or 90's across the board I can see it easily beating 101 in sales.

You're wrong there as it's the most technical action game around not many action games even come close to its depth.

I wanted to love W101, but the controls were just meh. I'd love to see a remake using standard controls.

Wasn't drawing with standard controls using the one analog?  I recall having trouble getting the moves to perform when I wanted them too, even with "standard" controls.  I just recall pulling moves being harder than they need to be.

Around the Network

Honestly I don't know how to make it better. I remember having a hard time executing the various attacks on demand, which is imperative in an action game.

Nautilus said:
curl-6 said:

It's not for me, but I hope it sells well. I'm a little concerned in that regard as it feels like outside of the Nintendo hardcore its basically unknown, even most Switch owners I know are/were unaware of its existence.

It always seems that way with Platinum, their games get little to no mainstream advertising, and are so out there that while they appeal well to enthusiast gamers they're a tough sell to the average Joe who prefers their games safe and standard.

I wouldnt worry about if after Nier.If Nier managed to sell extremely well being such a mediocre game, Astral Chain will be fine as long as the game is as good as the previews makes it out to be.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

You're wrong there as it's the most technical action game around not many action games even come close to its depth.

Depth doesn't mean quality.

No but it's a factor in it especially in the action genre.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 24 July 2019

Chrkeller said:

Wasn't drawing with standard controls using the one analog?  I recall having trouble getting the moves to perform when I wanted them too, even with "standard" controls.  I just recall pulling moves being harder than they need to be.

The game has more mechanics than the are button using the analogue is no different than what fighting games do for special moves the game was all about honing your skills and not pick up and play.

Wonderful 101 was trash IMO.

Clunky controls and camera, uneven pacing, ugly art style, wobbly framerate, unsatisfying combat, it was just a tacky mess.