Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if future: Pokemon Sword and Shield are profitable, but 'Age of Ultrons'

mZuzek said:
spemanig said:
Be good to the Platinum Remake, Gamefreak.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Honestly if/when the Gen IV remake comes I can see them just completely removing the post-game island as a whole and gimping the underground (how about no secret bases there too). It wouldn't be surprising or anything, they've been removing shit senselessly for multiple gens now.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
p0isonparadise said:

Sword/Shield are going to sell 15 million+. People freaked out about Let's Go last year and it will end up selling ~12 million when all is said and done, which will put it at the same sales as FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Yeah, people did freak out about Let's Go last year. Like, 13 people.

Gotcha.

mZuzek said:
spemanig said:
Be good to the Platinum Remake, Gamefreak.

Oh, I haven't. The franchise? Yes. These remakes? Nope.

Well, this is new.

Read.

RingoGaSuki said:
mZuzek said:

Honestly if/when the Gen IV remake comes I can see them just completely removing the post-game island as a whole and gimping the underground (how about no secret bases there too). It wouldn't be surprising or anything, they've been removing shit senselessly for multiple gens now.

I was thinking about this when randomly looking at the Kalos map the other day. It's so big, if they had just cut off a portion of it to be post-game content, no one would say the game is unfinished. But because the entirety of it is main game, people think there's no content. It's just the life of Pokémon fans to judge the games solely based on the post-game stuff.

As I said before, as much as X/Y did leave some loose ends here and there, it does deserve credit for doing essentially everything Sword/Shield aren't - that is, to bring over the entire national Pokédex into 3D, making over 700 models and several animations for each, including new cries for all of them and many variations of each cry that are only there to be used in a mini-game of all things. All that, on top of having the lengthiest campaign and largest region of any Pokémon game to date, makes me think not too highly of people who say those games were lazy or half-assed.

Everything that came after, though... yeah.

Can't wait to use a "Pikachu surprised face" pic when the games reach 15M sold in less time than Sun/Moon.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:
mZuzek said:

It is quite possible, but I doubt it will affect Nintendos plans too much. Similar to the DS and 3DS, we will likely still get a remake and another Gen on the Switch.

I'm very grim towards Game Freak's future. Either SwSh makes the usual amount and the removal of stuff continues forever, or the game underperformes andThe Pokemon Co decides to push the mobile gams over the mainline titles (or even the console spinoffs), hurting the series either way. No way a single pokemon generation outperforms the mobile profits during the same timeframe.

Either way, I'm buying Digimon Cyber Sleuth Collection instead of SwSh. It's more content rich, better priced, looks better and will probably have a better story.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

People are buying a "double-pack" a.k.a they're purchasing two copies of the same game. If they can sell people that they can get away with pretty much anything.

Pokemon Sword and Shield will sell 15m+ and people will gobble up the $60 upgraded version later where they change less than 10% of the game.

In the past few years, Game Freak has been trying more and more to sells their games to kids and to nostalgic people who haven't played the series in 20 years, completely ignoring their fanbase. This business tactic usually works well for a few years, but not in the long term. One time in the future their games will start flopping. Sword & Shield however, are not yet these games. The Pikachu movie and the fact that they're the first mainline console games will easily get them over 15 million.