By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Anti fascists" Severely Beat Journalist

Machiavellian said:
o_O.Q said:

"I actually do not care about the left or right, I am putting the responsibility on Mr. Ngo."

so you are blaming the victim for being victimised?

No, I am blaming the person who isn't just some victim.  I am saying he made a conscious choice to walk into a group of angry, violent people with no other plan but to take a beating.  You want to make him out to be a victim, I am saying he is either a fool or he knew exactly what he was doing.  Which is it????

"While what I see is a man putting himself into a dangerous situation and it happen."

yeah fuck that guy for actually going out into public to do his job

Lol.  You act as if he was just coming out of his home and he got beat up.  You totally just dismiss the fact he made a conscious choice to walk into the middle of a dangerous group of people who marked him before the event which he knew about.  Oh poor Mr. Ngo going into danger for doing his Job lol.  What do you think everyone is an idiot and would not see this coming.  Yeah right.

"The aim here is to point the finger and make it political."

because I identified his attackers?

Yes, his Attackers are Antifa but that isn't what you are doing.  You are trying to tie every violent action of Antifa to the left which is your true agenda.  You care no more about Mr. Ngo then anyone else.  Instead he is just a tool for you to use to throw around your opinion about the violent left.  This part you will not admit.

"This man was beat by people associated by Antifa. "

why haven't you reported this to the police? everyone is under the impression that it was antifa

who beat this man then? can you identify them for us?

I have no clue what you are saying here.  No one is doubting this part of the story.

"You say this man was savagely beaten by the left but that isn't correct.  This man was beaten by Antifa and even if just saying that it still wouldn't totally be correct."

"Your statement tries to paint everyone on the left beating this man"

"Since you want to make it about the left instead of making it about Antifa."

"Your agenda is to paint the left as Antifa"

based on what? quote me specifically where I've said that antifa and the left are the same rather than antifa being a portion of the left

are you in denial that antifa are a portion of the left?

I am basing my opinion on your own words because you keep bringing up the left into the conversation.  Even that line I made a statement about you did not say he was beaten by Antifa, you said he was beaten by the Left.  Why don't you look at your own words and you will see your bias.

"You want to make him out to be a victim, I am saying he is either a fool or he knew exactly what he was doing.  Which is it????"

well unless the definition of the word "victim" has changed i'm fairly sure that he's a victim of violence

now what i'm asking is why is your focus on the victim's actions (victim blaming)?

"Oh poor Mr. Ngo going into danger for doing his Job lol."

i wonder if you laugh at fire fighters who get hurt on the job too... either way its fucking disgusting

"You are trying to tie every violent action of Antifa to the left"

I have by talking about one event? where is this journal I've been using to keep track of every violent action by antifa at?

read your post back to yourself, actually digest it and try to evaluate whether what you've claimed here makes sense or not

"You care no more about Mr. Ngo then anyone else."

how do you know whether I care about a particular person or not? you reading the same crystal ball as tsgud?

" Instead he is just a tool for you to use to throw around your opinion about the violent left.  This part you will not admit."

well looks like we can't have a conversation about it then since you've already made up your mind that i'm being dishonest, but ironically enough that raises the question of why you'd choose to bring it up then? just to poison the well and make me out to be dishonest? are you going to answer that question honestly? well of course not right? because this was just projection

and yes in this situation leftists were violent, are you denying that this event happened?

"Yes, his Attackers are Antifa"

"No one is doubting this part of the story."

"" This man was beaten by Antifa and even if just saying that it still wouldn't totally be correct. This man was beat by people associated by Antifa.  ""

"I am basing my opinion on your own words because you keep bringing up the left into the conversation."

antifa claim to be leftists and that leftist values motivate their actions, do you not think that is relevant?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
tsogud said:

I've decided I'm gonna stop interacting with you, especially on this subject, because

1. You don't know how to argue or at the very least, you have a very childish way of doing it

2. You never have an honest intelligent conversation/debate.

3. You blatantly disregard facts.

4. You pick what you want out of a response or article with absolutely NO regard towards the context, the entire statement or nuance of the situation. (anything can sound good or bad without context)

5. Connects to point 4, when you pick out what you want without context you then ask a question that you twist to push your narrative.

6. You never give a straight answer, it's always a question, and the statements you do give are almost always a non-sequitur.

7. You can't go one post without making a logical fallacy (seriously it's very easy not to) 

All these points make it impossible for anyone to have an honest debate with you. Everything I've said to you regarding Ngo and Antifa is verifiable (I even gave a source). Also I never said he was one of the Proud Boys so idk why you brought that up but par for the course I guess.

You don't have to be afraid of "outing" your own political beliefs for fear of being viewed as biased. Be honest with it like the rest of us and come to the table with your points. Saying you're either left/right-leaning, neutral or unsure on a political subject can't be used against you, only when you're deceptive about it it can because you're not being sincere so no one can have an honest open debate/conversation with you.

so your answer to my request that you actually back any of your assertions with "facts" is to just resort to even more assertions? lmao

to recap i asked you to substantiate:

your claim that i'm pushing the narrative that right = good

and you failed

that ngo was either a proud boy or far right as many here have claimed

and you failed

" I've said to you regarding Ngo and Antifa is verifiable (I even gave a source)"

"Ngo being a far-right sympathizer"

to reiterate, can I have some evidence of this please?

this is like the 20th time I've asked you or someone else who has made a similar assertion

"All these points make it impossible for anyone to have an honest debate with you."

how can you have an honest debate when the basis of your argument is an assertion and looking more and more like a lie?

all of the projection in this post is something to behold lmao, you being a scholar of logical fallacies, i'm sure you've heard of projection

"You don't have to be afraid of "outing" your own political beliefs for fear of being viewed as biased."

well that's not the point here, the point here is your assertions about me, for one thing as I've said already posted in this thread my political stance or yours are completely irrelevant when it comes to condemning antifa or at least I would have believed that to be the case before I observed people such as yourself contorting themselves into knots to victim blame this hero

i'll ask once more : what are the right wing politics I adhere to?

"Saying you're either left/right-leaning, neutral or unsure on a political subject can't be used against you"

so here's a question, why did you derail discussion about the unsung hero andy ngo to asserting endlessly that i'm right wing? if it doesn't matter and can't be used as the basis for an attack why bring it up at all?

I didn't fail at all. I've been upfront with what I believe and backed them up with facts. If you're too blinded by your loyalty for your "unsung hero Ngo" to see my criticism of his actions is based on objective fact then that's on you. You're blinded and have failed because of this. I'm not going to talk in circles for you. To your last point, I brought it up because you were intentionally being deceptive with your personal political beliefs to feign neutrality by using the tactics in those points I listed in my last post.

You're not at all clever.  Those tactics are childish and detracts the debate at hand and make it impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. So I'm done with you unless you grow up and evolve from the way you currently try to debate.

If you want evidence look it up from various sources on the internet if you don't believe it coming from me. I'm not afraid of you doing all the research you want because you'll see the criticisms I've said about Ngo are true. I'm done trying to educate you.

tsogud said:
o_O.Q said:

so your answer to my request that you actually back any of your assertions with "facts" is to just resort to even more assertions? lmao

to recap i asked you to substantiate:

your claim that i'm pushing the narrative that right = good

and you failed

that ngo was either a proud boy or far right as many here have claimed

and you failed

" I've said to you regarding Ngo and Antifa is verifiable (I even gave a source)"

this is like the 20th time I've asked you or someone else who has made a similar assertion

"All these points make it impossible for anyone to have an honest debate with you."

how can you have an honest debate when the basis of your argument is an assertion and looking more and more like a lie?

all of the projection in this post is something to behold lmao, you being a scholar of logical fallacies, i'm sure you've heard of projection

"You don't have to be afraid of "outing" your own political beliefs for fear of being viewed as biased."

well that's not the point here, the point here is your assertions about me, for one thing as I've said already posted in this thread my political stance or yours are completely irrelevant when it comes to condemning antifa or at least I would have believed that to be the case before I observed people such as yourself contorting themselves into knots to victim blame this hero

i'll ask once more : what are the right wing politics I adhere to?

"Saying you're either left/right-leaning, neutral or unsure on a political subject can't be used against you"

so here's a question, why did you derail discussion about the unsung hero andy ngo to asserting endlessly that i'm right wing? if it doesn't matter and can't be used as the basis for an attack why bring it up at all?

I didn't fail at all. I've been upfront with what I believe and backed them up with facts. If you're too blinded by your loyalty for your "unsung hero Ngo" to see my criticism of his actions is based on objective fact then that's on you. You're blinded and have failed because of this. I'm not going to talk in circles for you. To your last point, I brought it up because you were intentionally being deceptive with your personal political beliefs to feign neutrality by using the tactics in those points I listed in my last post.

You're not at all clever.  Those tactics are childish and detracts the debate at hand and make it impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. So I'm done with you unless you grow up and evolve from the way you currently try to debate.

If you want evidence look it up from various sources on the internet if you don't believe it coming from me. I'm not afraid of you doing all the research you want because you'll see the criticisms I've said about Ngo are true. I'm done trying to educate you.

"If you want evidence look it up from various sources on the internet if you don't believe it coming from me. I'm not afraid of you doing all the research you want because you'll see the criticisms I've said about Ngo are true. I'm done trying to educate you."

thank you for indirectly admitting that all you intended to do here was to make assertions and REFUSE TO BACK THOSE ASSERTIONS

"I've been upfront with what I believe and backed them up with facts."

"I brought it up because you were intentionally being deceptive with your personal political beliefs to feign neutrality by using the tactics in those points I listed in my last post."

can you actually quote me where I've have lied in this thread?

I've asked you multiple times to state my beliefs for me to see here and you have refused to do so, what are the right wing politics for example that i'm backing?

time for me to make an assertion, you brought it up to poison the well when you realised that you couldn't back your assertions... see? i can make assertions about you too

"You're not at all clever. "

why do you think so?

"Those tactics are childish and detracts the debate at hand"

sure and making endless unfounded statements and derailing when asked to substantiate them is the indication of a very mature and distinguished individual i'm sure

"So I'm done with you unless you grow up and evolve from the way you currently try to debate."

yes asking for you to substantiate your arguments is too much for you apparently, we should all just accept what you claim on faith

Machiavellian said:
NightlyPoe said:

Are you under the impression that antifa beating up a journalist because he has a history of filming their illegal behavior makes it better?

I've not denied that context.  Assaulting a political enemy so as to silence them with fear is what makes them terrorists.

Not buckling to the terrorism certainly doesn't mean that Ngo is at all a contributor to his own assault though.  It is 100% on antifa.

I believe what he is saying and what I have stated is that Mr. Ngo went into that fire knowing exactly what would happen and was ready to film it.  He wanted that ass beating and he got what he wanted.  Mr. Ngo is playing the game and he took one for the team because did anyone really need more info that Antifa is violent.  

I do not see Mr. Ngo as some innocent reporter getting his butt handed to him.  Instead from what I have researched on this guy, he is another player in the same political narrative we have witness within the US for decades.  If his only aim was to bring Antifa to justice, expose the group for their violent behavior, I would be right behind him but instead his aim is like the person who created this thread, which is to tie the left to Antifa and create a narrative.

So is Antifa 100% at fault, you better believe it but Mr. Ngo isn't some innocent reporter out their filming violent events.  He is a political player and he is making his rounds on internet and media sites building that narrative of the violent left.

Well after this formidable comment, this thread can be closed.

Around the Network

So uncommon that anti-fascists act more fascists than whoever they fight against

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NightlyPoe said:

No, I am asking you to compare similar situations and ignore irrelevant information.

For example, writing an article you disagree with does not fall under that category.  We are people with various opinions and foibles.  That does not mean that a person can't be blameless in regards to something else.  Just as pointing out that King was a womanizer does not nullify the good he did.

Good job here focusing in on the categorical imperative of the action.  As Kant shows us, in order to properly judge the morality of an action the non-core details need to be stripped away revealing the categorical imperative of act, which is where we can evaluate morality. For example, the categorical imperative in the case of the topic of this thread would be: "it is OK to physically assault people who have done objectionable things in the past."  This is an accurate way to frame the argument that Antifa is making in support of their actions, while stripping away the sensationalism and emotion associated with terms like "far right."  The next step is to then apply this imperative to all of society and see if it results in a reasonable and functional social order.

In this case, it clearly does not: if anybody could physically assault somebody who has done morally objectionable things in the past then we would have a society where physical assault is universally OK as every single human is guilty of at least some fault.  Such a society is not something that any rational person would desire.  Based on this analysis, I have to conclude that Antifa's behavior is immoral.

"You also had some very fine people on both sides."

This ngo guy, lacks the rare superpower called common sense though. 

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 10 July 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Immersiveunreality said:
tsogud said:

Lmao you really think they're just gonna put "we're misogynistic white nationalists!" on their OWN website do you?? That'd be pretty naive of you.

Lol i doubt they will get many white nationalists on their side when they clearly present Anti-Racism as a value,it could also be a problem that a good amount of them are non whites.

Do you have an opinion of them and what information did you follow to come to that conclusion?

"venerating the housewife" lol

And Antifa claims to be "anti-fascist" (although technically they can't be fascists by the very strict definition of fascism) but nevertheless they use similar tactics utilized by actual fascists. So you really can't trust what these extremist groups say about themselves, their actions speak for themselves.

The Proud Boys do have an incredible amount of white nationalists on their side already and an overwhelming majority of them are misogynistic white males who believe in "white genocide" being a real thing. What they mean by "anti-racism" is that  they view more representation and protection for poc/minorities and their culture as perpetuating "white genocide" and as being "anti-white" and therefore racist. "Anti-racism" sounds good on it's own but they're using it to stand for something different.

My opinion of them is the same with Antifa, they're dangerous extremist groups that use political violence as a tool to spread their message. I don't agree with their actions, they're not civilized groups. I came to this conclusion of the two groups from various sources of info (both online and irl) and from being politically active irl.

Last edited by tsogud - on 10 July 2019

SMDH on some of the stuff that people post on here ... 

Considering the level of violence on display, yes, it does. At times it's unavoidable to use violence, because unlimited tolerance would only empower the intolerant and make them go one step further each time they face no resistance.

I am not one of those people who will argue that violence is always bad and/or unnecessary. After all, this world has seen dark times where even the death of millions of people was a necessity.

With this mindset, it's no wonder why Europeans have a history of weak institutions and are more likely to fall into political disrepair as anyone with two eyes can see with both world wars ... 

Freedom of speech and rule of law should mean that EVERYONE is compelled to ALWAYS TOLERATE the INTOLERANT because failing to do would mean that no one is deserving of peace whether it'd be antifa or the neo-nazis since there would be a never ending bipartisan civil war along the political lines ... 

Challenging these two basic institutions is an affront to the lack of understanding in their necessity to developing self-sustaining peace ...