By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22 June 2019

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

In all seriousness here, the baseline should drop to near zero, just like MS did with the original version of the X1 they've undermined anyone with thoughts about buying the current set of machines by showing the upcoming system on the distant horizon, they did it with the X1 by saying that the X1X would fix the issues of no power but now they are claiming that the Scarlett will fix the issues of no games, anyone buying into the X1 console right now is doing so either blind or with the knowledge that the system is on the way out.

I've mentioned this multiple times over the last 2 years, but the X1 has been in a cascade tumbling failure for years/months, given the systems direct competition does everything that it does, but better in every category (with one tiny * for the X1X being more capable of getting to 4k in a handful of titles) but the system has no real selling point outside of the potential that someones mates might be on Xbox live, but given the sales that likelyhood is less and less every single week that passes.

I would predict that by the month of November you are going to see the X1 at sub 30k per week, if not scraping to keep at 20k based on the current decline acceleration. The circling of the drain has sped up, just months ago there was talk of it being able to maintain weekly sales of 85k until it reached the 50m mark, that goal gets less and less likely with each sales data update because each month the system loses around 5k from the weekly sales.

I can see Xbone falling below 40k over the next few months, but sub-30k? I dunno, that just seems too low. That feels more like something that'd happen next year after Scarlet's fully unveiled.

In any case, below 40k would be Wii U level of weekly sales. And that's with near-constant promotions.

Around the Network

wow PS4 is still doing great considering it's age

Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:

Because PS4 gets big games more regularly than Switch does, basically. Between Smash and Mario Maker 2, a gap of nearly 7 month, Switch had no system-selling games. Hence I thought it'd momentum would suffer more than it has.

What big games did the PS4 get after February that the Switch didn't get?

Devil May Cry 5, The Division 2, Sekiro, Days Gone, Rage 2

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Quite a few then. Didn't seem to have very much effect on sales, though.

Flilix said:
DroidKnight said:
Even these threads are dying. Where is the wow PS4 is still doing great considering it's age

Most of them have been banned.

To be honest he also jumped in right away and posted about the things not in the thread, of course those weren't posted, the thread was 2 posts long lol. 

Also the ps4 sold 50k less than weeks of strong "what sales for a 6 year old machine" it will probably need to reach November and its seventh birthday for those numbers to be super impressive to that audience again.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I dont know but seems like PS4 sucks in NA the whole year

Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:

I can see Xbone falling below 40k over the next few months, but sub-30k? I dunno, that just seems too low. That feels more like something that'd happen next year after Scarlet's fully unveiled.

In any case, below 40k would be Wii U level of weekly sales. And that's with near-constant promotions.

Oh it's definitely selling poorly, and sub-40k would be downright bad. I just have trouble seeing it dropping below 30k this year, unless it's like the week before a pre-announced pricecut or something.

I'm certainly intrigued to see how it pans out.

zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Thanks, I knew there had been several but couldn't for the life of me remember them.

NathanSSSS said:
I dont know but seems like PS4 sucks in NA the whole year

I think it just seems that way cos it's so freakishly, disproportionately high in Europe. NA sales are quite good for a successful system that's getting long in the tooth.