By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Poll: Is xbox game pass a system seller for you?

Is xbox game pass a system seller?

Yes 19 31.67%

No 41 68.33%

Total:60

Well it's not a system seller for me since I already owned Xbox when I joined game pass. But it's an amazing service. I don't personally understand the need to own all the games. Especially physical copies are just a nuisance.

I can see it being an incentive to buy Xbox though. You get plenty of games to play for decent price and those console exclusive games are excellent. Most of them at least. Microsoft just needs to market this service Even More, there's too many gamers who don't know what it is.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I feel like the general consumer doesn't even know it exists. I wonder if your friend had known about it if you didn't mention it to him so many times.

This is the same for PSNow. You mention that you can play/stream over 600 PS2, PS3 and PS4 games on PC and a lot of people won't know you can do this. But I don't feel Sony have advertised it that much outside of gaming communities.

Game Pass is good value for those that are more inclined to play many games and over the year may spend a lot on games, so getting many to play is great for them. Not for me however, I'm not a big spender on games so it's point is kinda missed on me.

Hmm, pie.

I Will not Change teams because of game pass, but i have to admit its a great deal for Xbox fans and i hope Sony Will do somthing similar in the near future.

I think it's biggest issue right now is that MS isn't marketing it enough and in the right way to potential customers. For the average consumer, hearing that you get all 1st party games along with some 100 other games each month for such a low price should be a huge seller come Christmas time. To bad MS aren't pushing it hard enough.

I finally jumped on it. A ton of the games I already own but there were actually quite a few games I was "on the fence" with that I am pretty excited about playing. Now I just need some time off from work to play them.

I'd say it was worth it just for the discounts you get on digital games if you choose to buy them (though you don't have to). It's crazy hit I've gone from "I don't want it at all unless it's physical" to "I don't want it at all unless it's digital" to "I don't have to own it. I just want to play it." In just a few years.

Around the Network
Enemy said:

The poll seems pointless because the gaming market seems to have already spoken and the answer is "no".

Xbox One sales have steadily declined over the years despite Microsoft's obsession with specs and "most powerful console" marketing/propaganda push.

I assume the OP's story is also fabricated as a stealth advertisement for Game Pass while trying to downplay Sony's games. Not sure most people would buy a console at the end of a generation to rent and download/fill up a HDD with old games when most of those games on Game Pass can be purchased for cheap in a bargain bin.

Some people seem to overhype every single thing Microsoft does. Some media peoples hyped up the power of cloud with Crackdown which turned out to be a lie and a dud. They hyped up Play Anywhere which turned out to be a dud. They hyped up Game Pass as this innovative new thing.

I think the reality here is that Game Pass is not this amazing new thing that people want. Just like the other Microsoft projects that people overhyped. Game Pass was Microsoft's response to PS Now. PS Now was out for years and Microsoft didn't have their own servers to stream games like Sony did. So Microsoft created Game Pass until they could create a streaming service to copy PS Now.

If Game Pass was appealing to people then PS Now would probably also appeal to those same people since they're similar subscription services. A person could buy a PS4 to have access to GOW as well as PS Now which makes OP's story seem even more unlikely.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah MS didn’t have cloud servers to run a streaming service. I guess that’s why Sony is partnering with MS to use Azure for Sony’s servers now. Also, GamePass isn’t a streaming service. You download every game, from Xbone to OG Xbox. Sony added the ability to download PS4 titles as a result of GamePass.

The services can appeal to different people because one is mostly a streaming service and the other is not. Also one has new releases day one, the other does not. 

It's definitely worth it for me, but that's mainly because I lucked out in getting the Game Pass covered until April for just a buck, since I had already bought a prepaid XBL for the year in January I think. 

Also helps that there are a ton of games on it I want to play - Horizon 4, Rocket League, Hollow Knight, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 4, Borderlands 2, early Gears 5 access, etc.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Yeah, I would get a Switch right now if I could access every 1st party game for $10 a month.

With that logic I'm sure some people would buy a Xbox One. The service will look even better as the 1st party library continues to grow as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Libi said:
I Will not Change teams because of game pass, but i have to admit its a great deal for Xbox fans and i hope Sony Will do somthing similar in the near future.

Being a multi console owner doesn't mean you change teams. It means you want to play exclusives on various consoles.

That's kinda the great thing about GamePass, perhaps PS4 or Switch is your primary console. You can go get a cheap Xbox One either new or used and have instant access to most of its exclusives at a low price.

If Nintendo and Sony did it, I would subscribe to them all.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)