Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is focusing on Hard-Core Gamers for PS5

VAMatt said:
That's unfortunate. Anti-gamer behavior like this needs to see more pushback. So, I'll put this as a check mark in XB's favor when trying to decide which next gen console to buy first.

Yea I do put this as a check mark in xbox's favor when it comes to consumer friendliness. Unfortunately for xbox game selection is like #1 on my list so exclusive deals count even more. I can't even imagine not playing FF7R this year still my GOTY so far.



Around the Network
Drakrami said:
VAMatt said:
That's unfortunate. Anti-gamer behavior like this needs to see more pushback. So, I'll put this as a check mark in XB's favor when trying to decide which next gen console to buy first.

lol... why are you so sour? If you are in the clear, you know Microsoft actually started this trend? 

Think about Bioshock, Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, The Last Remnant, Dead Rising. 

It's just that Microsoft lost at its own game. 

Sure, MS started it if you forget the PSone and PS2 generations lol.

Anyway looking back on the source article for this with the PS5 reveal event providing context... they did lock down a bunch of timed exclusives but they also relied on a lot of the smaller games that it said they wouldn’t. In fact the best two looking games imho were timed exclusive multiplats from smaller studios. 



After seeing the PS5 reveal event. Yeah, Focusing on Hardcore my ass. Half the event was platformers and that weird indie visual novel with dinosaurs. Don't get me wrong the reveal was great, but hardly the "Hardcore focus" that was supposedly promised.



TheMisterManGuy said:
After seeing the PS5 reveal event. Yeah, Focusing on Hardcore my ass. Half the event was platformers and that weird indie visual novel with dinosaurs. Don't get me wrong the reveal was great, but hardly the "Hardcore focus" that was supposedly promised.

First year always sucks and its filled with subpar games, dual platform releases and remasters. will get better from year 2 and on.



EnricoPallazzo said:

First year always sucks and its filled with subpar games, dual platform releases and remasters. will get better from year 2 and on.

Still doesn't mean Sony's focusing on "hardcore gamers" (whatever the fuck that means). It's like I've been saying all along, PlayStation isn't hardcore, it never was hardcore. It's always been focused on everyone, and PS5 is no different.