By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on CTR Nitro Fueled?

Tagged games:

konnichiwa said:

'Also their isn't a best character',  basically every character is great some swear with Dingodile/Peta pinguin.  I am doin't the time trials with coco and I am fine :).

Ye, unless you're going for world records character really doesn't matter, I beat oxide's time on NGIN labs by over 15 seconds with Polar, the slowest character. You can get a better time with the Speed characters than is possible with the Turning Characters but really the skill ceiling is so high that only speedrunners should care.

I feel like the difference in handling is a lot more pronounced in the remake than the original, I could never really tell the difference between how tight the drifting was between characters but it's very noticeable to me now.

Around the Network

I was really interested in buying this game on the Switch. However, the lack of a two player mode online and the awful loading times on this platform are huge let downs to me.

If somehow the add the two player online and reduce the loading times via patches, I'll buy it right away. For now, it will stay on the store...

I don't like the controls so far. The graphics are nice though. Also, the framerate..

Vodacixi said:
I was really interested in buying this game on the Switch. However, the lack of a two player mode online and the awful loading times on this platform are huge let downs to me.

If somehow the add the two player online and reduce the loading times via patches, I'll buy it right away. For now, it will stay on the store...

I didn't know the Switch had such slow loading times on this game. I saw people complaining about loading times and just thought they were overreacting a bit, it's not really fast but it's not THAT bad either (On PS4). But then I just saw a video on youtube.

Loading Sewer Speedway on PS4: ~20 Seconds
Loading Sewer Speedway on Switch: ~50 Seconds.

What the hell? Not only is the game file size smaller on Switch so it has less data to load, it's also on a cartridge, so should be faster than HDD? My only guess is that it's due to compression to get the file size down, and the CPU is having to uncompress the data as it's loaded into ram.

Over double the time to load is crazy. Switch version graphically looks fine, but due to these load times it's not a good port. Needs fixing.

Barkley said:
konnichiwa said:

'Also their isn't a best character',  basically every character is great some swear with Dingodile/Peta pinguin.  I am doin't the time trials with coco and I am fine :).

Ye, unless you're going for world records character really doesn't matter, I beat oxide's time on NGIN labs by over 15 seconds with Polar, the slowest character. You can get a better time with the Speed characters than is possible with the Turning Characters but really the skill ceiling is so high that only speedrunners should care.

I feel like the difference in handling is a lot more pronounced in the remake than the original, I could never really tell the difference between how tight the drifting was between characters but it's very noticeable to me now.

Yeah Polar somehow was my nemesis on hard mode, in multiple occasions he ended up being the one who was like 10 seconds in front of me and beating N'trophy's time in adventure. I should check some world record times could use some help.

I also just checked the loading times on switch and yeah thy are harsh.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Vodacixi said:

I didn't know the Switch had such slow loading times on this game. I saw people complaining about loading times and just thought they were overreacting a bit, it's not really fast but it's not THAT bad either (On PS4). But then I just saw a video on youtube.

Loading Sewer Speedway on PS4: ~20 Seconds
Loading Sewer Speedway on Switch: ~50 Seconds.

What the hell? Not only is the game file size smaller on Switch so it has less data to load, it's also on a cartridge, so should be faster than HDD? My only guess is that it's due to compression to get the file size down, and the CPU is having to uncompress the data as it's loaded into ram.

Over double the time to load is crazy. Switch version graphically looks fine, but due to these load times it's not a good port. Needs fixing.

I saw that video the day after the game launched. Was gonna buy it for both ps4 and switch but I avoided switch version because of the load times. 

I don't regret buying the Switch version. Haven't taken it online but, as a portable version, I'm more than happy.

However, watching video of the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro versions, it's obvious the Switch version is the weak one. I may still get the PS4 version for the best experience but the Switch version scratches the itch... Despite its many flaws.

40 to 50 seconds of loading times for each race is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

Phew easy part is done:

Finally unlocked:

Hey his last costume is cool!

Unlock it with beating Oxide's times in Time trial...oh man...

I don't own it (yet) but I'm shocked how badly the game is optimized for the more powerful platforms.

Even the base X1 can run the game in 1080p at locked 30FPS (even in 4 player splitscreen mode). That's quite impressive honestly but how on earth is there no 60FPS mode on other platforms? Even the base PS4 should be able to run it with 60FPS at 1080p resolution. At the very very least on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X but no. Instead we only get a measly 1440p even though the game should run easily at 4k (one X1X at least).
That's a pretty bad job and I hope they will release a patch for this in the future.