By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on CTR Nitro Fueled?

Tagged games:

konnichiwa said:
pitzy272 said:

Just played a few cups with my girlfriend. It has a great feel to it, but 2 major complaints so far:

#1 is the fact that no points are awarded for places 5-8 (and only one is given for 4th!). This is baffling to me. So if I get 5th and the person I’m playing against gets 8th every race, we end up with the same score? What a stupid decision. Honestly kind of ruined the experience for me. Mario Kart’s point rewards are done far smarter.

Second biggest issue was with drifting. This could be something I need to learn yet, but I found that by the time my drift bar filled and I activated it, the boost would just slide me into a wall and I’d lose the boost and slow down. If I’m doing something wrong, tips are welcome. :)

It is weird to explain because my hands just do it.    

When you are in in a left turn => I jump, I press left dpad + left bumper to iniate the powerslide => When I start powersliding, I immediatly press right dpad to counter my powersliding a bit.      Well like I said hard to explain =p

Best place to learn is Coco's Park. Also the best place to do the 5 times triple boost in a row trophy :).  Just choose local arcade/time trial so you don't get annoyed by the A.I.

Thanks for the tips :)

Around the Network

Here is my personal review of the game.

PROS:
Visusls / Sound
Level Design
Character Roster
Good Customizations

CONS:
No Controller Options
Permanent Difficulty Setting
Short Game

CTR is a Solid Kart Racer that gives a good alternative to Mario Kart 8. Does it take the crown from MK8? No it doesn't but a must play for Kart Racing fans. 8/10

Last edited by Azzanation - on 23 June 2019

Azzanation said:

Here is my personal review of the game.

PROS:
Visusls / Sound
Level Design
Character Roster
Good Customizations

CONS:
No Controller Options
Permanent Difficulty Setting
Short Game

CTR is a Solid Kart Racer that gives a good alternative to Mario Kart 8. Does it take the crown from MK8? No it doesn't but a must play for Kart Racing fans. 8/10

I actually would give it the exact same score but I give it a couple more flaws. Loading screens and the inabilty to earn gold offline (switch version) are really irritating. It's still a must play and since it was way ahead of it's time in 1999, it holds up great now.

I watched a Loading comparison video on youtube and loading on the the switch can be much longer than ps4 version.

Playing the Switch version, almost 100% adventure mode (only four more Platinum Relics to go).

Some thoughts:

-The graphics are amazing, obviously the Switch version isn’t rendered as great as the PS4 version, but it still looks fine to me, and the framerate is constant during races.

-Powersliding in this game still feels as amazing as it did in the original, and the main reason I will always swear by CTR over any Mario Kart.

-The lack of full custom control options is dumb; I wanna be able to use the back trigger buttons for drifting, causing using the front ones hurt my fingers after long sessions.

-Online is... weird, like it works, but idk I feel like connections from other players drop for no good reason, maybe it’s a Switch thing.

- The Pit Stop sucks, takes forever to get enough coins just to unlock stuff (keep in mind I place 1st place consistently in online, which gets me around 400 coins per race and it still takes while).

-Loading times are pretty meh, I don’t mind them too much in single player, but it makes online feel so slow, like it takes ages just to go from one race to the next.

Overall this game is amazing, but I am hoping for a couple QoL patches that can make this game truly perfect.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Playing the Switch version, almost 100% adventure mode (only four more Platinum Relics to go).

Some thoughts:

-The graphics are amazing, obviously the Switch version isn’t rendered as great as the PS4 version, but it still looks fine to me, and the framerate is constant during races.

-Powersliding in this game still feels as amazing as it did in the original, and the main reason I will always swear by CTR over any Mario Kart.

-The lack of full custom control options is dumb; I wanna be able to use the back trigger buttons for drifting, causing using the front ones hurt my fingers after long sessions.

-Online is... weird, like it works, but idk I feel like connections from other players drop for no good reason, maybe it’s a Switch thing.

- The Pit Stop sucks, takes forever to get enough coins just to unlock stuff (keep in mind I place 1st place consistently in online, which gets me around 400 coins per race and it still takes while).

-Loading times are pretty meh, I don’t mind them too much in single player, but it makes online feel so slow, like it takes ages just to go from one race to the next.

Overall this game is amazing, but I am hoping for a couple QoL patches that can make this game truly perfect.

You got 400? I got 40.  I don't mind the pit stop at the moment. They mentioned that you will get bonus wumpa coins when the seasons start and I am not really into buying all the stuff at the moment.  Like I mentioned before if I finally beat all time trials I probably will end up with all the coins I need because the times are so hard;  N' trophy is doable.  Controls/online I have no issues but I would not mind if loading times would be shorter :p.

Ultrashroomz said:

Some thoughts:

Haven't used the feature but im pretty sure the Switch itself let's you remap the buttons for any game.

konnichiwa said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Some thoughts:

You got 400? I got 40.  I don't mind the pit stop at the moment. They mentioned that you will get bonus wumpa coins when the seasons start and I am not really into buying all the stuff at the moment.  Like I mentioned before if I finally beat all time trials I probably will end up with all the coins I need because the times are so hard;  N' trophy is doable.  Controls/online I have no issues but I would not mind if loading times would be shorter :p.

You get more coins from online multiplayer races. This reddit post explains wumpa coins quite well.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Mar1217 said:
d21lewis said:

Haven't used the feature but im pretty sure the Switch itself let's you remap the buttons for any game.

Huh ... really ? I don't remember any update from Ninty mentionning that ...

Well don't I feel foolish. I could have sworn I saw it mentioned somewhere. Checked my Switch (and the Web). Apparently there's just a feature of the Xbox One and PS4 (and Vita I believe, but it may just be for PS1 games).

In any case, sorry for the misinformation.

d21lewis said:

Mar1217 said:

Huh ... really ? I don't remember any update from Ninty mentionning that ...

Well don't I feel foolish. I could have sworn I saw it mentioned somewhere. Checked my Switch (and the Web). Apparently there's just a feature of the Xbox One and PS4 (and Vita I believe, but it may just be for PS1 games).

In any case, sorry for the misinformation.

You are FAKE NEWS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.