By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on CTR Nitro Fueled?

Tagged games:

HylianSwordsman said:
Barkley said:

I don't find the grind unfun. In fact I've always enjoyed unlocking things. That's what games always used to be about in the PS1/PS2 days. Smash Bros Melee made you play 24 hours to unlock a character.

I love unlocking things too, but you're seriously telling me you'd rather spend more of your limited life and gaming time grinding the same shit over and over again? Let me guess, you like the sense of pride and accomplishment? Give me a break. You're in denial.

=p This is said by someone who has a Zelda avatar that has one of the worst grinds with the kurok seeds in breath of the wild.

Anyway twitch is full with CTR streams now loving it their is really no difference at all in the game,  their is not even a buy MTX option yet =p.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:

And first you like unlocking things, then you would have played it whether there was anything to unlock or not. Listen to yourself. This is just blind brand loyalty.

Uhhh... those two things aren't mutually exclusive. You can like unlocking things and also still want to play a game that has nothing left to unlock. I admit that the unlocks are grindy, and that for some people it would be too much. However even if all of the content available for coins wasn't even in the game. It would still be a fantastic game, not a perfect game.

"the microtransactions make the game worse, at least for some people, you have to admit that much" - yes

konnichiwa said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I love unlocking things too, but you're seriously telling me you'd rather spend more of your limited life and gaming time grinding the same shit over and over again? Let me guess, you like the sense of pride and accomplishment? Give me a break. You're in denial.

=p This is said by someone who has a Zelda avatar that has one of the worst grinds with the kurok seeds in breath of the wild.

Anyway twitch is full with CTR streams now loving it their is really no difference at all in the game,  their is not even a buy MTX option yet =p.

More pointless whataboutism. BotW isn't a perfect game either, and they should have had a more meaningful way to fill the world than the damn Korok seeds. At least in that case it was an attempt to fill up a giant world, not to make things harder to unlock to tempt people to spend money.

I don't see any micro-transactions in the game currently. Where is it? I booted it up and played it like normal. I thought it was supposed to come with the grand prix update.

HylianSwordsman said:
konnichiwa said:

More pointless whataboutism. BotW isn't a perfect game either, and they should have had a more meaningful way to fill the world than the damn Korok seeds. At least in that case it was an attempt to fill up a giant world, not to make things harder to unlock to tempt people to spend money.

They why was the season pass not free? Did that game not sell a ton more than CTR? =p

In less than 20 hours of the new grand prix while maybe playing less than 5 hours I got already half of the new items in the pit shop and I am almost half way the grand prix and I see that many people are in front of me on the leaderboard so I am sure not a lonely case =p  Doesn't feel hard or grinding at all :).

I am fine with you criticizing something but at this point you are just creating an impression that you come here to hate on a game you don't want people to like.

I said it again I am totally fine with adding stuff to a game for free that people can get by playing the game so long you don't need to grind like swII for 8 hours for one character.

The only people that may feel like they are screwed are the Switch/Xbox one CTR owners because they paid the same amount of money and got less content.

Around the Network

This game when from a might buy to a hell no! buy.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Why is the skin for the champion kart you get from finishing the GP in the top 5% already unlocked?

KLXVER said:
Why is the skin for the champion kart you get from finishing the GP in the top 5% already unlocked?

If you ever reached 5% you will get it I think.

konnichiwa said:
KLXVER said:

Oh, so I will automatically get every GP ones?

KLXVER said:
konnichiwa said:

Oh, so I will automatically get every GP ones?

You sure it's the new skin and not the one from last GP? Shouldn't unlock until the GP has ended.