By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on CTR Nitro Fueled?

Tagged games:

Darashiva said:
konnichiwa said:

Honestly I am not sure if it would have changed review scores because it honestly feels like get a +5 levels in an JRPG pack. I enjoy grinding in Jrpg's and working to a goal. Adding the option to buy wumpa coins while close to a 100K people 'almost' completed the pit stop seems weird and is aimed to the same people who just want to buy levels in a JRPG. 

That doesn't really make it any better. It's still a company adding microtansactions to a game long after launch, and effectively bolting a free-to-play economy to a remaster of a 20-year-old game that you still have to pay real money to get. This isn't even the first time Activision's done this, and I have no patience for this stuff. I don't mind microtransactions in free-to-play games as I understand they need to get their money somehow, but I will never buy them in games you pay money for. All they do is make me less likely to ever buy those games, and certainly reinforces my decision to just never buy games at launch again.

I am not saying it is a good thing but if I have to choose with buying outright dlc or doing it this way I prefer this way because most people will easily get from the pitshop what they really want. It took me 2 days to get my summer coco skin/paint job/wheels/sticker and kart. It will only feel like grind for people who want everything, it is like playing GT or Forza and say it takes way to long to buy all 600 cars.  If I had to play 8 hours to unlock one skin I would agree that the grind is horrible. 

Around the Network
Barkley said:
konnichiwa said:

Get ready for characters like N. Brio, Nina Cortex, and Komodo Moe to start shredding up the racetrack soon!

Makes this old data mining leak more credible as all three are listed on it:

Baby Cortex
Baby Tropy
Chick Gizzard Lips
Stew
Emperor Velo the 27th
Gnasty Gnorc
Hunter
King Chicken
Koala Kong
Komodo Moe
Doctor Nitrus Brio
Nina Cortex
Pasadena O'Possum
Rilla Roo
Ripto
Sorceress
Ebenezer Von Clutch
Willie Wumpa Cheeks

https://i.redd.it/n7aq9992l3831.png

No Baby cortex/trophy tho,  well they can come later but I don't feel like they will add more than 3 characters each grand prix.  Ofcourse who says they will stop in december we could have grand prix next year aswell.

What a surprise that Activision would do this.....again.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Well it's Activision and the game has multiplayer... I should of seen this coming.

Alright love the new grand prix and the hidden fixes.

- First of all the wumpa coins time went on way longer 2 hours in and still going ^^'.

- They fixed Sewer subway shortcut, so amazed to see 8 players take the shortcut and all made it instead of 7 failing and one managing it ^^'.

- Still 42.000 nitro points to get everything in the grand prix but first day and I almost have 10K.

- A lot of new items but less to buy seems you only need around 60K wumpacoins probably lower so easy to get all of them.

- Love the new track and characters ^^'.

Around the Network

I was looking forward to getting this game, but the MTX has me hesitant. To be honest, I'll probably end up getting the game anyways, but when games have that level of MTX, something about the whole thing just feels scummy. It sucks that this is the direction that a lot of games are headed, as it never feels good when something is behind a pay-wall. Certain aspects of the game have been specifically tuned for maximum profitability, and not maximum fun, and that irks me.

You feel me?

Well not my type of game. Also since it comes from one of the scummiest companies out there ACTIVISION, I don't trust it though so far it seemed to be a clean game...

But that changed. The bastards waited for reviews to be positive about it before infecting that game with scummy micro-transactions so at this point, I wouldn't touch that game with a ten foot pole. Never EVER EEEEEEVER trust ACTIVISION.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Check this out:

The game was great before they added microtransactions. How is the game any worse now than it was before?

People love to kick up a fuss about something that really doesn't matter at all.

Barkley said:
The game was great before they added microtransactions. How is the game any worse now than it was before?

People love to kick up a fuss about something that really doesn't matter at all.

Because before, it didn't have predatory monetization tactics. Because any game with microtransactions is designed to make you want them, meaning it has mechanics that are designed to make the microtransactions fun, meaning the mechanics are designed to make the game less fun without them, meaning that it could be better. As far as I'm concerned, the original version is superior now.

HylianSwordsman said:
Barkley said:

Because before, it didn't have predatory monetization tactics. Because any game with microtransactions is designed to make you want them, meaning it has mechanics that are designed to make the microtransactions fun, meaning the mechanics are designed to make the game less fun without them, meaning that it could be better. As far as I'm concerned, the original version is superior now.

If you don't purchase microtransactions the games exactly the same now as it was at launch when it didn't have them and everyone loved it. It's a great game. The existence of these microtransactions doesn't affect that. The game hasn't changed. In fact it's only gotten better with the addition of more characters, tracks and costumes for free.

If someone doesn't have the restraint to avoid purchasing coins that's there problem. When they do something "predatory" like lower the amount of coins you earn or increase the prices of items to push people to microtransactions then I'll bitch and moan. But for now I'll continue to have fun with a great game and leave the rest to everyone else.

Everything is earnable for free, at the same rate now as it was at launch.