By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone is Bend Studios highest selling game ever.

twintail said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Well after 23 hours into the game, I think I found my first real flaw. The motorcycle runs out of gas every 5-10 miles. Not only is this tedious, but it is unrealistic. Most modern day motorcycles can go for at least 100 miles on a full tank. My first 10 hours into the game, I was like, "This is mildly annoying". But now, I'm just sick of being on such a short leash. I can't wait until I get Iron Mike's camp loyalty up so I can buy a bigger tank.

its a video game. not a life simulator.

Some games can be made worse by emulating life. Others can be made better. Most of the time, I'd say trying to emulate life makes a game worse. This is one of the exceptions. If a tank of gas lasted 20 miles I'd be fine with it. It's mostly just the tedium that I disapprove of. 

Around the Network

That makes me sad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

a new Days Gone someday.. with bigger quality like horizon zero dawn or uncharted 2... would be insane.

Not surprising seeing at how high it's been charting in various countries. Word of mouth seems to be good.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Good for them, hope it spawns a sequel.

Personally I got it and put maybe five-ten hours into it before I was too fucking bored to continue. Doubt I'll ever go back.

Around the Network

Great news. I'll buy it soon enough.

Now let's see how close to the real numbers people estimate based on other Sony titles will put Days Gone.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Great for them. Most of the people I know that really really played the game said the game is fantastic.

Cerebralbore101 said:

This makes me happy, because I've been enjoying the hell out of Days Gone so far. Aside from Bethesda level bugs, the game has been great. 

Wait so you are enjoying Days Gone.. and in another thread you said you base your purchases on critics reviews.. and that games with a similar score card are bad games. This game sits on a 71, did you change your mind? 

Goes to show that you can never base your purchase or opinion on a game unless you try it out for yourself.

maybe more than 1,2 million units in the first month ?

Kyuu said:
kirby007 said:
Zombies sell thats why return to castlew olfenstein is so good

They're Freakers... FREAKERS, you imbecile.

OT:

Good on them, but highly marketed AAA games (especially new IPs) scoring poorly typically affects legs more than initial sales. Unless there is a significant disagreement between user and critical reception, sales should plummet. It's the polar opposite effect of niche games scoring well, like say NieR: Automata, which had a poor start but didn't stop selling.

Frankly resident evil isnt zombies eithermguess what i call them?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.