By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone is Bend Studios highest selling game ever.

This makes me happy, because I've been enjoying the hell out of Days Gone so far. Aside from Bethesda level bugs, the game has been great. 

Around the Network

Zombies sell thats why return to castlew olfenstein is so good

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Congrats to Sony Bend.
I am enjoying the game. One of the best game I have played so far in 2019.
If Sony Bend can improve the base mechanic then it will be awesome.

Bristow9091 said:
I'd still love to have some numbers shared... although if we can find a list of Sony's best selling games, we may also be able to find data for whatever is in 6th and 8th place, to give us a rough idea as to the numbers.

Either way it's great news for Sony Bend, and despite what reviews have said, a ton of players seem to love it... it was definitely an ambitious project for them considering their previous work, so yeah, nice to see it pay off!

Funny thing about the reviews is that it was very much a love it or hate it kinda game. 35 reviewers gave it an 8 or better. About the same amount gave it lower than a seven. Around 20 reviews gave it somewhere in the 7's. A lot of the reviewers scoring it lower than a 7 were very harsh giving it it a 6 or a 5. 

Nice job. It would be awesome to see a sequel on the PS5. Can't imagine what size the hordes would be capable of being on it. I would also love a remake of Syphon Filter. Loved playing that game back in the day. Nothing more satisfying then roasting a bad guy with the taser.

Around the Network

I hope they are planning to make more exclusives for PS5 in the near future , with bigger budget and bigger games (it can be sequel or another genre ) or perhaps syphon Filter sequel, re - imagine or remake .

Congrats to Bend Studio. They've done some great games I've enjoyed and glad to see them growing.

Bristow9091 said:
I'd still love to have some numbers shared... although if we can find a list of Sony's best selling games, we may also be able to find data for whatever is in 6th and 8th place, to give us a rough idea as to the numbers.

Either way it's great news for Sony Bend, and despite what reviews have said, a ton of players seem to love it... it was definitely an ambitious project for them considering their previous work, so yeah, nice to see it pay off!

This I'd based on NPD and based on revenue. But assuming that revenue means the same amount of sales then it did over 800k in 9 days in the usa

Congrats! Even though I feel like the project was kind of a wasted opportunity to tackle a more unique exclusive, I'm glad it done well. Still hoping they do something more in the adventure/platform space like a modern Jak and Daxter like game.

Even more than Bubsy 3D? This is seriously impressive.

B O I