By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey 2 will never happen

Darwinianevolution said:
Considering they are reusing the BotW engine to make a sequel, it's not out of the question for them to do the same with Mario. Odyssey outsold BotW, after all, so there's a bigger incentive there to make a new one instead of just DLC.

For now ... I remember that BOTW is now caugthing up with Odyssey in terms of sales since it profites from better legs.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

"Super Mario Galaxy will never get a sequel. 64 and Sunshine never did, so why would they start now?"
I should really tag this just in case there is a sequel a year or two from now, for the laughs.

Were going to get Mario Od 2 in my opinion. It will come with zelda next year. There's no reason why we never got dlc for the game other than the fact that they must have decided to sell us a sequel instead.

Zelda will be Christmas 2020 and Mario will be may 2020.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
SKMBlake said:

If Super Mario 3D World is a sequel to 3D Land, so should be Super Mario World to the 3 Super Mario Land games released on Game Boy. But it is not. Nintendo uses "Land" for its portable Super Mario games" and "World" for its home console versions.

For SM64, "Was meant to get a sequel" doesn't make a sequel real.

And for Yoshi's Island, it's a Yoshi game, not a Mario Game, it has "Super Mario" in its title to rely on a popular franchise, so was Wario Land with its "Super Mario Land 3" in it.

Honestly,

Yeah, no way I'll ever respond to that.

In fact, I would love to see a sequel to Odyssey, and I really hope it will happen, it's my favourite game of all time. And since before Odyssey, my favourite game was Super Mario Galaxy 2, I can only assume Odyssey 2 would be as good or even better than the first one

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:

Honestly,

In fact, I would love to see a sequel to Odyssey, and I really hope it will happen, it's my favourite game of all time. And since before Odyssey, my favourite game was Super Mario Galaxy 2, I can only assume Odyssey 2 would be as good or even better than the first one

So basically you're admitting that your original comment is extraordinarily superficial in how it draws parallels and conclusions, and that said conclusions and parallels don't really rule out an Odyssey 2? Nice. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 16 June 2019

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

So basically you're admitting that your original comment is extraordinarily superficial in how it draws parallels and conclusions, and that said conclusions and parallels don't really rule out an Odyssey 2? Nice. 

No, I don't, it makes way more sense than "SM64 was about to get a sequel, that's why Odyssey 2 makes total sense"

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:

No, I don't, it makes way more sense than "SM64 was about to get a sequel, that's why Odyssey 2 makes total sense"

Right, but that wasn't the point I was making, that's just a fallacious way of simplifying it. My point wasn't just that Super Mario 64 2 was originally planned, but also that the lack of sequels to 3D Mario games have a lot to do with the success of the devices they were on (Mario 64 2 was developed for the failed disk drive expansion). Even then, I don't understand why you're making fun of that characterization, because your logic was basically to create as simplistic of a parallel as possible, which is ironically what you're making fun of. If you list 3 3D Mario games that didn't get sequels, and then someone specifies that one of them was itself a sequel to a 3D Mario game, and another one of them had a sequel planned, does that not discredit a large chunk of the simplistic parallel made? Sure, you have a pattern of Mario games not getting sequels, but without explaining that pattern it doesn't mean much. Which is the point I was making. I gave you an entire host of reasons why none of those examples are applicable - I was even fair enough to discredit my own point about Super Mario World 2 because you didn't discredit it in a substantive way. 

It doesn't take that long to read, but if you're that lazy then I suggest not making some really simplistic and poorly thought-out parallels, especially if you aren't going to justify them well. 

Odyssey's situation has a much stronger parallel to Mario Galaxy than any of those games, but to be fair I'm not saying it's  guaranteed to happen either. I'm just disappointed that I tried to be reasonable and what I get is a lazy mischaracterization as a response. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 16 June 2019

RolStoppable said:

My personal wish is that after all those 3D Mario games they've made, that they now have the ambition to work on a main series Mario game and deliver a title that bests Super Mario Bros. 3.

Super Mario World already exists.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SKMBlake said:

No sequel to Super Mario World, no Sequel to Super Mario 64, no sequel to Super Mario Sunshine, no sequel to Super Mario 3D World, that's says a lot

Super Mario Galaxy got a sequel, and Super Mario 3D World was a sequel itself.

Bakugo said:
Or, the team of Mario Odyssey helps in BOTW2, so it will come in 2020 and Mario Odyssey 2 only in 2021
Is it crazy that I think that?

No, not really. :)

I'm not sure why people are arguing about which games are sequels or not since regardless of who is right here it has no bearing on whether or not Odyssey will get a sequel.

Signature goes here!