By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has anyone noticed that a surprise Zelda Game has been revealed at the end of all three Directs this year?

S.Peelman said:
Now I’ll be disappointed if there’s nothing Zelda related at the end of the next direct.

They will put a Link there to their website, of course!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

There’s still hope for Skyward Sword HD!

I'm strangely comfortable with that.

I played through the game on two separate occasions but have still never finished it to this day, despite coming very close both times. Since then they haven't released another 3D Zelda that's followed on the traditional formula.

There's only so much Zelda I can take at one time. Links Awakening and Botw2 are more than enough for 2019-2020 (assuming Botw2 releases in 2020).

If you've got a cow, why not milk it?

I think that Nintendo doing the hits permanently. And yeah, on E3 the showed us Witcher3 which release choked so many people out of the world. So it's interesting but i think it's not completely correct.

Around the Network

The series has had more presence in the past decade than before the's been at least game every 2 years:

2011 - Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword
2013 - The Wind Waker HD, A Link Between Worlds
2015 - Majora's Mask 3D, Tri Force Heroes
2016 - Twilight Princess HD
2017 - Breath of the Wild
2019 - Link's Awakening (remake)
TBA - BOTW Sequel

Wyrdness said:

The series has had more presence in the past decade than before the's been at least game every 2 years:

2011 - Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword
2013 - The Wind Waker HD, A Link Between Worlds
2015 - Majora's Mask 3D, Tri Force Heroes
2016 - Twilight Princess HD
2017 - Breath of the Wild
2019 - Link's Awakening (remake)
TBA - BOTW Sequel

Don't forget Cadence and three different versions of Hyrule Warriors! There's

Bofferbrauer2 said:
S.Peelman said:
Now I’ll be disappointed if there’s nothing Zelda related at the end of the next direct.

They will put a Link there to their website, of course!

Disappointment be gone!

Wii Sports is the game that defined the Wii. Breath of the Wild is the game that is defining the Switch. Considering how popular it is, they want to keep dangling that Zelda carrot during every direct. Makes sense.