Forums - Gaming Discussion - How physical are you?

how physical are you?

0-10% 23 20.18%

11-20% 6 5.26%

21-30% 6 5.26%

31-40% 5 4.39%

41-50% 8 7.02%

51-60% 8 7.02%

61-70% 5 4.39%

71-80% 12 10.53%

81-90% 12 10.53%

91-100% 29 25.44%

Total:114

I don't have a rule. It all depends on the game, franchise and price.

If I really trust the franchise, I usually buy digital whatever the price for convenience.

If I don't trust the game yet, like when pre-ordering a game that I don't know if I'll like it, I just buy physical, so I can return/re-sell.

When the game is discounted, I check both physical and digital prices. If it's too cheap on digital, I just go for digital. If it's cheap on both, but not really cheap on digital, I go for physical, so I can return/re-sell if I want.

Sometimes I buy both. I may pre-order physical and after checking that the game is brilliant, I just buy it again digital if the price gets discounted so I can have the convenience of not dealing with discs.

I don't give a damm about collecting, but I do buy physical once or twice a year because I liked the box art or maybe to get a collectors edition. But I rarely do that. I may have about 20 collected physical games bought in the last 15 years.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

Instead of hoping the game would come earlier with the mail or actually going to a midnight launch and stand in a nerdline, no thank you.

I've met some great people standing in nerdline though. Whether it's waiting for the midnight release of a new movie, or a book, standing in nerdline is always a great experience. Just be prepared for that one guy that forgot what deodorant was.

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Update 3 out of 80 less than 5%

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

100% I don't go the other way. I want a game in my HANDS...

Floridagamer said:

100% I don't go the other way. I want a game in my HANDS...

I dont see how you can play a game if you have it in your hands and not in the console/pc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I've got around 150 games for switch, 40 or so of which are physical. I got a 400 GB micro that's full, but I love digital. I love having it all right there. While I do try to get cartridges, the convenience of digital is very alluring to me. A few big games are digital, fire emblem, Mario odyssey, and... I cant think of them. I've been meaning to add my list to the thread that's about 1st and 3rd party switch games... I've been too lazy to sit down and make the list. Haha.

About 75%.

I casually buy digital if the game is short, especially if they're legacy games or indie games.

Bigger games, definitely physical.

About in the 61-70% range. I got a PS4 in July 2019, but only own 2 physical games for it. This is largely due to the deals on PS Plus, and the free games.
Switch, on the other hand, is largely physical. Wii U was almost entirely physical, as was 3DS. And then my PC games (Steam) are all digital.
Physical is my preference, and sometimes it is cheaper. On the other hand, digital can be cheaper too. But when a new game comes out for $60, I'm just about always going to get the physical version.
For movies (if anyone cares), I'm largely physical. I'd say more so then games. That's because most major Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray releases have Digital HD included.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I exercise regularly, yes.

everything is physical unless its free ie a few ps plus free games

Play Me