By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is Officially Coming to Switch in 2019

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 9 28.13%

No 8 25.00%

I will wait for the review 6 18.75%

I dont care for graphic ,... 3 9.38%

I already have the games ... 6 18.75%

Total:32

"Switch will never get proper PS4/Xbone games, it's not powerful enough."

*Doom 2016 is ported*

"Oh but of course that can be ported, it's 60fps on PS4/Xbone, Switch could never run a 30fps PS4/Xbone game."

*Hellblade gets ported*

"Oh but that's a linear game, Switch could never run an open world PS4/Xbone game."

*Witcher 3 gets ported*

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
kirby007 said:
OP seeing your other thread the spin in this one isnt less! Good job

Well at least i make a thread unlike all you who is just lazy making any thread 

Or people are waiting for this thread to make fun of you?

HoangNhatAnh said:
HollyGamer said:

Well at least i make a thread unlike all you who is just lazy making any thread 

Or I make fun of them , well in fact nobody able to prove i wrong 

curl-6 said:

*Doom 2016 is ported*

"Oh but of course that can be ported, it's 60fps on PS4/Xbone, Switch could never run a 30fps PS4/Xbone game."

*Hellblade gets ported*

"Oh but that's a linear game, Switch could never run an open world PS4/Xbone game."

*Witcher 3 gets ported*

In all honesty all of these games are so downgraded that they are almost different games altogether. The Withcer 3 looks horrible in that teaser and Doom is unplayable if you ever played it on PC/PS4. Hellblade is indeed faithfull, but it is extremely linear. Just because it CAN be ported it does not mean it will be a game that is a joy to play.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing these ports (because I love how certain devs come to terms wih the system's limitations and work around it), as I have pretty much all 3 platforms at my disposal (PC, PS4, Switch) so I can choose the best one, and if it is good, I choose the Switch for portabilities sake. But it is not an exageration calling some of these ports horrible. Ark was a complete waste of manpower, and Dead Light looks like a clear contender for worst looking game of the year.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

HollyGamer said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Or I make fun of them , well in fact nobody able to prove i wrong 

And vice versa, you aren't able to prove them wrong either

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
curl-6 said:

*Doom 2016 is ported*

*Hellblade gets ported*

*Witcher 3 gets ported*

In all honesty all of these games are so downgraded that they are almost different games altogether. The Withcer 3 looks horrible in that teaser and Doom is unplayable if you ever played it on PC/PS4. Hellblade is indeed faithfull, but it is extremely linear. Just because it CAN be ported it does not mean it will be a game that is a joy to play.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing these ports (because I love how certain devs come to terms wih the system's limitations and work around it), as I have pretty much all 3 platforms at my disposal (PC, PS4, Switch) so I can choose the best one, and if it is good, I choose the Switch for portabilities sake. But it is not an exageration calling some of these ports horrible. Ark was a complete waste of manpower, and Dead Light looks like a clear contender for worst looking game of the year.

I certainly found Doom 2016 and Hellblade to be a joy to play on Switch. I think it's quite probable I will enjoy Witcher 3 as well. 

Not everyone minds if a game is lower resolution or 30fps. Obviously there will be others for whom graphics are a high priority, and that's fair enough, to each their own. I'm just happy that I get to enjoy these games on my system of choice.

hunter_alien said:
curl-6 said:

*Doom 2016 is ported*

*Hellblade gets ported*

*Witcher 3 gets ported*

For some forum posters here, they are willing to accept mediocrity (disguised as a "port") to say "Haha, you're wrong, the Switch can handle it."  Crazy

⚠️ WARNED: Trolling ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 12 June 2019

the annoying people who had no interest in a switch version regardless of how it runs coming to be Debby downers per usual..you people must lead miserable lives

Most importantly: does he still control like a tank even on the Switch? In the end, that's what killed the game for me on PS4. Never finished it, don't think I ever will.

Some images of the Switch version of The Witcher 3 look good and others not so much. Cautiously optimistic right now. :)