By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 new trailer, exclusive to EGS on PC

think-man said:
Console like wars are becoming a common thing now in the PC space. Loyalty to a launcher.

Gamers will be gamers.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

The developer profit sharing isn't quite as simple as "12% vs 30%".  

-Epic passes on some card costs onto the customer (which is often quite expensive), whereas Steam takes it out of the 30% and handles it themselves.  

I bought a few games from the EGS... there aren't any additional fees on my credit card bill.

There will be no Shenmue 4, guarantee it. YS Net would need the PC sales to stand a chance of making another one, chance blown.

Wyrdness said:

So do the PC backers who paid for a Steam version in the crowd funding get their money back? Deep Silver aren't doing themselves any favours.

They're going to get away with it, because there was no direct promise of a Steam version. That said, it is bullshit. When the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 started, there was no EGS. It was from a time when PC games going to Steam was a given.

Conina said:
the-pi-guy said:

The developer profit sharing isn't quite as simple as "12% vs 30%".  

-Epic passes on some card costs onto the customer (which is often quite expensive), whereas Steam takes it out of the 30% and handles it themselves.  

I bought a few games from the EGS... there aren't any additional fees on my credit card bill.

Credit card doesn't but other payment methods do, 5% passed onto the consumer for Paypal which I use for the majority of things and even higher % for some of the other payment methods.

Around the Network

I'll buy it wherever I have no. Nothing changes for me.

think-man said:
Console like wars are becoming a common thing now in the PC space. Loyalty to a launcher.

Weird though: launchers are free aren't they?

Console wars on PC.

I'm getting it on PS4 so this doesn't concern me, even if I backed for PC I'd just download the Epic launcher, I don't really care. But I noticed that the game still has a steam page, I wonder why?

Game looks amazing. I can't wait!