By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 new trailer, exclusive to EGS on PC

So do the PC backers who paid for a Steam version in the crowd funding get their money back? Deep Silver aren't doing themselves any favours.

Around the Network

You can feel the scorn and dissapointment against Epic and Deep Silver in the video's comments. They are definitively not making friends with this announcement. I wonder if Valve is just waiting for Epic to get all the bad reputation it can get and then offer all of the improvements they were being asked for all these years. It makes no sense to not capitalize on your competition's bad press...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The faces still look pretty rough

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:

Is Gabe Newell ever going to get his head out of the sand and respond to the threat that Epic poses? Valve still haven't matched Epic's developer profit sharing, still haven't started moneyhatting exclusives of their own. It's like he's just sitting up in his ivory tower watching as Epic steals more and more games and more and more of Steam's marketshare.

It's not as simple as that Epic's aggressive approach is also self destructive which is what makes it problematic to approach as it may benefit developers but the store so far has no benefit for consumers as even now it's still lacking basic features, Epic are trying to create a situation where the is no alternative to their store by using the Fortnite profits but that only gets you so far it's not a good long term solution.

Seems like crowd funded developers are easy targets to be snatched up because they're poor and more easily drawn to money incentives. I personally don't get it. The money Epic offers can't possibly be worth it. So either the developers are complete morons, in dire financial peril or the exclusivity is really short.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Sounds like I'm not getting into the series with this game. That said, I haven't played the first two yet, so they're on my list first.

Wyrdness said:

So do the PC backers who paid for a Steam version in the crowd funding get their money back? Deep Silver aren't doing themselves any favours.

Not that I'ma ware of, but at the same time they haven't addressed Steam backers either.

Also, just in case anyone dares to claim they never "promised" to release on Steam: 

Deep Silver have pretty much proven to me, as well as THQN, that I cannot trust either of them to not sign up with EG going forward.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

shikamaru317 said:

Is Gabe Newell ever going to get his head out of the sand and respond to the threat that Epic poses? Valve still haven't matched Epic's developer profit sharing, still haven't started moneyhatting exclusives of their own. It's like he's just sitting up in his ivory tower watching as Epic steals more and more games and more and more of Steam's marketshare.

Jesus Christ, why on earth would you want Valve to stoop to their level of mediocrity?. 

Valve matching the cut isn't going to magically stop EG from buying up exclusives, you should know this isn't their game by now, because consoles take the same cut, as do other storefronts and even Discord offers the superior cut, and yet EG aren't matching theirs. 

Come on man, don't turn this platform into a "PC gaming must fight back like console gaming" mentality. I do not want Valve playing Epic's little childish game of "who can destroy an open platform the fastest?". 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Yay go epic games!

Console like wars are becoming a common thing now in the PC space. Loyalty to a launcher.