By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Uncharted Movie to Star -------

Should have picked Dwayne Johnson

Around the Network

Im more worried about uwe boll directing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The movie will be a disaster for sure. Nobody wants to see a young Nathan Drake played by Tom Holland, they want an older Drake played by Nathan Fillion. A prequel also means best girl Elena won't be in the movie, since her and Drake didn't meet until Drake was much older than Tom Holland.

Yeah crappy casting. Now they are gonna ruin sully next.

Don't mind that at all actually. Holland is a good actor, and if they're going for Drake's younger years he seems like a good pick.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
The movie will be a disaster for sure. Nobody wants to see a young Nathan Drake played by Tom Holland, they want an older Drake played by Nathan Fillion. A prequel also means best girl Elena won't be in the movie, since her and Drake didn't meet until Drake was much older than Tom Holland.

I kinda agree with you. Why start out in prequel land? Give audiences something more grounded in the era of Drake that the games take place in. This isn't going to be much more than an Indiana Jones-type action adventure movie at it's core. Might as well keep things more familiar in terms of characters. If you're not doing that, you're not making proper use of the license, and will end up with a movie that will feel like Uncharted in name only.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

He got to be playing as the young Drake, not the adult Drake. Right? Otherwise this is a bad casting move. I'll be pissed if this is true.

I was expecting more facial hair...

NightlyPoe said:
Bristow9091 said:

Characters are generally younger in prequels, so yeah...

They could have, y'know, not made a prequel that no one asked for.

I asked for it, lol. When there were first rumours of an Uncharted film I was hoping it'd be a prequel since there's a ton of time between the flashbacks in Uncharted 3/4 and Uncharted 1 where he could've been doing things, lol. 

Well, here he is.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."