By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has sold 1.73 million copies worldwide

I bought three copies. One for me and two for friends as gifts, and they both are now huge Xenoblade fans. I can't recommend it enough for fans of JRPGs.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Bravo.

Now I just hope Nintendo and Monolith do not use these figures to determine the future direction of the franchise. XC2 was easily the low point of the series.

Not to me, in fact, it have some points that is superior to XC1

Im one of those sales, got the collectors edition 😁

I’m hoping this opens up the opportunity for either a Xenogears remake or a Xenoblade Chronicles X reimagining of the Xenogears story.

While the Xenosaga and Xenoblade games have taken elements of Xenogears; they’ve never done it in quite as satisfying a way; the bar is always missed on depth and intensity. Xenogears in higher fidelity 3D would certainly be M-rated, and that may be a problem. The story and settings might be too big to translate and complete in one game with today’s conventions (way fewer elements they can hide in implication like they did in the PSX era) - with Solaris, Bledavik, and Nortune all being NLA or larger locations: and Shevat being damn close. But, if any team can do it, it’s Monolithsoft.

With Xenogears, I would want Kunihiko Tanaka and Soraya Saga on-board.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Was Xenoblade in the same position as Fire Emblem Awakening?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Jumpin said:

I’m hoping this opens up the opportunity for either a Xenogears remake or a Xenoblade Chronicles X reimagining of the Xenogears story.

While the Xenosaga and Xenoblade games have taken elements of Xenogears; they’ve never done it in quite as satisfying a way; the bar is always missed on depth and intensity. Xenogears in higher fidelity 3D would certainly be M-rated, and that may be a problem. The story and settings might be too big to translate and complete in one game with today’s conventions (way fewer elements they can hide in implication like they did in the PSX era) - with Solaris, Bledavik, and Nortune all being NLA or larger locations: and Shevat being damn close. But, if any team can do it, it’s Monolithsoft.

With Xenogears, I would want Kunihiko Tanaka and Soraya Saga on-board.

Ask Square Enix first !

I am sure that is a significantly smaller hurdle to jump than actually getting the project off the ground. Larger hurdles would be Takahashi wanting to take on such a project, and that hurdle is directly linked to the actual scope of a remade Xenogears would dwarf FF7 remake in terms of content volume. Especially considering Takahashi would no doubt wish to put in open world elements (if not make the game an evolving open world/ traditional RPG hybrid).

As well, Takahashi has no need to ask Square Enix if he can teimagine his own story under the Xenoblade Chronicles X banner as long as he doesn’t violate any trademarks; he’d even be able to reuse certain names (as he has done in the past) if he wished.

It is, unfortunately, unlikely Takahashi would want to redo a project on the scale of a modern  Xenogears because of the scope. But I can always hope =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mar1217 said:
Jranation said:

Nope. It was completly different. Nintendo of America just didn't want to localize the game to the west. Nintendo of Europe did the localization following Project Rainfall which had for goal to bring 3 "major" JRPGs here : Pandora's Heart, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. Even then, Xenoblade got only a limited release with Gamestop which sold out more rapidly than they could anticipate.

Now, it makes me wonder why the support of fans could make this happen while we still have to wait for the official localization of Mother 3 which has obviously a ton of support behind it.

Not entirely accurate NOE localized the 3 games for EU release but NOA refused to bring them to NA that's when OR happened.

Jumpin said:
Mar1217 said:

Ask Square Enix first !

I am sure that is a significantly smaller hurdle to jump than actually getting the project off the ground. Larger hurdles would be Takahashi wanting to take on such a project, and that hurdle is directly linked to the actual scope of a remade Xenogears would dwarf FF7 remake in terms of content volume. Especially considering Takahashi would no doubt wish to put in open world elements (if not make the game an evolving open world/ traditional RPG hybrid).

As well, Takahashi has no need to ask Square Enix if he can teimagine his own story under the Xenoblade Chronicles X banner as long as he doesn’t violate any trademarks; he’d even be able to reuse certain names (as he has done in the past) if he wished.

It is, unfortunately, unlikely Takahashi would want to redo a project on the scale of a modern  Xenogears because of the scope. But I can always hope =)

People have nostalgia glasses when it comes to old games.FF 7 could have been made into being only one game, and Xenogears would also be the same case.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

One of the greatest video games I have ever played. 120 hours in and still as fresh as a daisy, great stuff.

Mar1217 said:
Jranation said:

Nope. It was completly different. Nintendo of America just didn't want to localize the game to the west. Nintendo of Europe did the localization following Project Rainfall which had for goal to bring 3 "major" JRPGs here : Pandora's Heart, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. Even then, Xenoblade got only a limited release with Gamestop which sold out more rapidly than they could anticipate.

Now, it makes me wonder why the support of fans could make this happen while we still have to wait for the official localization of Mother 3 which has obviously a ton of support behind it.

Pandora's Tower, Hearts is a different game