By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - DoE Rebrands Fossil Fuels to "Freedom Gas" - Not Satire

Eagle367 said:
KLAMarine said:

"The name change is fairly recent so time would be necessary to find out if there is more to it or not."

>Well so far, the Department of Energy still refers to fossil energy as fossil energy.

https://www.energy.gov/fe/about-fossil-energy

Also sounds like the DoE has a bit of a sense of humor.

It's hard to sense humour on paper. It's best for government agencies to leave it to the onion articles

People in their immediate area should be able to pick up on it pretty well...

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

"I didn't think it needed to be said due to how obvious it is.
But the far-right, Trump included generally whinges about political correctness... And then goes ahead and promotes political correctness because it fits in with their narrative."

>But this isn't Trump we're talking about: Mark W. Menezes and Steven Winberg are NOT Trump.

Trump is the leader. The issue starts from the top, always does.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
KLAMarine said:

"I didn't think it needed to be said due to how obvious it is.
But the far-right, Trump included generally whinges about political correctness... And then goes ahead and promotes political correctness because it fits in with their narrative."

>But this isn't Trump we're talking about: Mark W. Menezes and Steven Winberg are NOT Trump.

Trump is president but he doesn't control everyone in his administration 24/7, 365.

KLAMarine said:
Pemalite said:

Trump is president but he doesn't control everyone in his administration 24/7, 365.

That is true, he doesn't directly control. However he does influence, and very strongly at that. The entire DoE has been influenced and constructed by the Trump Administration. The problems stem from the admin as a whole. 

NintendoCM said:
KLAMarine said:

That is true, he doesn't directly control. However he does influence, and very strongly at that. The entire DoE has been influenced and constructed by the Trump Administration. The problems stem from the admin as a whole. 

Prove Trump's influence on "freedom gas" and "molecules of US freedom".

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Pemalite said:

He doesn't need to.

Trump has officials that he promotes and supports directly underneath him to push his and his parties stance on various topics of interest.
The Republicans tend to love hydrocarbons far more than the democrats as far as I can tell. (I am Australian, so I don't follow US politics with a microscope level of focus.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

KLAMarine said:
EricHiggin said:

So you're saying there is no change so there's no talking point to begin with?

No!

Read it for yourself from the Office of Fossil Energy: https://www.energy.gov/fe/office-fossil-energy

Hmm. Looks as if the DOE may have gotten the better of me. Those tricksy little hobbitses!

Pemalite said:
KLAMarine said:

He doesn't need to.

Trump has officials that he promotes and supports directly underneath him to push his and his parties stance on various topics of interest.
The Republicans tend to love hydrocarbons far more than the democrats as far as I can tell. (I am Australian, so I don't follow US politics with a microscope level of focus.)

Okay, show me the exact moment Trump concocted the renaming to "freedom gas" and "molecules of US freedom".

SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

Okay, show me the exact moment Trump concocted the renaming to "freedom gas" and "molecules of US freedom".

You are confusing direct edicts with emulating tone and phrasing.

While Trump himself did not direct the DoE to use those terms, it damn sure sounds like something he would say.  It's a way to ride on his cultural dynamic and appeal to his base.

A cynic could even suggest (granted even just tenuously) that it's a direct signaling from them (the two authors here) to Trump that they are directly on board and on brand with his message in hopes of getting greater recognition for future cabinet positions.

So is the matching of tone and phrasing coincidental or deliberate?

KLAMarine said:
Eagle367 said:

It's hard to sense humour on paper. It's best for government agencies to leave it to the onion articles

People in their immediate area should be able to pick up on it pretty well...

Don't question the stupidity of any American government. They can be dead serious about this

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also