By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Smash Bros Ultimate need more female characters?

More waifu's in smash?

Yes 4 33.33%

No 8 66.67%

Total:12

If you include gender swap characters like corrin, villager, pokemon trainer etc there are actually 20 but you can cut that number in half when only including unique characters. I say the more waifus the better so i am going to come up with two first party and two third parties just to throw it out there. I suggest Dixie kong and Impa from nintendo and from third parties Jill valentine and madeline from celeste. I have also noticed an anomaly in that there are no female heavies and i can't think of any character that fits the bill. Maybe that huge morbidly obese broodal with the chain chomp from mario odyssey but that would be a bit too obscure. It would be fun to have more of them in smash if for no other reason than feminazi's bitching that males are beating up more females in videogames.

❌ BANNED: Flaming (sexism, known pattern of it) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 24 May 2019

Around the Network

No, I don't want characters to be picked based on their gender personally. If a character joins the roster, it is because they are a cool character, simple as that. Maybe it would be more of an issue if Smash wasn't the kind of game that encompassed Apes, Crocodiles, and Robots, but since there are so many crazy characters I don't really see it so much as an issue of gender as much as an issue of there simply being a lot of diverse kinds of characters in general. If it was more down to earth and grounded with only realistic humans, maybe then I could see the need for more diversity to shaken things up. 

mZuzek said:

Smash Bros. doesn't need more characters, period.

If it is to get any more characters, and it is, they should only look to cool/iconic characters that deserve to be there, female or not.

Edit: also, it's not exactly very cool to compare the words "female" and "waifu".

Well you can't use the blanket term women because some characters are non human like isabel.

mZuzek said:

Smash Bros. doesn't need more characters, period.

If it is to get any more characters, and it is, they should only look to cool/iconic characters that deserve to be there, female or not.

Edit: also, it's not exactly very cool to compare the words "female" and "waifu".

Smash doesn't need more characters? What are you? Crazy? If you discount the echoes the only new characters to debut in ultimate so far are inkling, ridley, simon, king k rool, isabel, incineroar, piranha plant and joker, that ain't enough new fighters. You should always want more and plus piranha plant was a troll fighter just to piss off the waluigi fanboys.

Characters should be in smash that are interesting. The Smash dev team should focus on that, not on adding female characters just to do it. If one of the dlc fighters is a woman, that's cool, but I don't care if they aren't.

Around the Network

I still want elma from Xenoblade X. A black, female, Xenoblade character that's a triple win for diversity

Yes, and it needs more male characters too. I still can't play as the cast of FFVIII so they need to add some more male and female characters, at least until I can do that.

I see no reason why there shouldn't be more female fighters in Smash, if they're notable enough video game characters they should have the same chance as any other to join the roster.

On another note I feel this thread was made in poor taste of the topic.

Last edited by Green098 - on 24 May 2019

Representation for the sake of it is not good in anyway.

Metroid33slayer said:

You should always want more and plus piranha plant was a troll fighter just to piss off the waluigi fanboys.

People are still mad about this?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."