By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Looking for something to play

How do you feel about PS4/Xbox multiplats on Switch like Doom or Hellblade?

I know you mentioned you have an Xbox, so if you play mostly at home you might prefer to play those on a dedicated home console, but if you're open to playing these kind of titles on Switch, those are two of the best games available on the system IMO.

Around the Network

Although I haven't played Katana Zero myself, from what I've seen from reviewers and streamers it looks/sounds great and a lot of fun.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Play it now!

Enter the Gungeon is a great game. I got pretty deep into that game when it first came out on Steam and got the ending for several characters to unlock Bullet Hell. I never beat Bullet Hell, but it was mostly because at that point I already had 80+ hours on the game and I'm assuming something else came along to steal my time.

I enjoyed Bayonetta, but I can see why it wouldn't be a match for some people. I would compare it to God of War in terms of playstyle; it's also quite difficult. It's very over-the-top and it never takes itself too seriously, and the game is divided into levels which take maybe 30 minutes each at the most (it's been awhile so I could be off).

Some people had mentioned Xenoblade Chronicles 2; I still need to finish this one myself, but I made it quite far and I did enjoy it immensely. The game is very fun, but I'd say that it lacks polish in my ways, like performance and character/camera movement. It's excusable for an RPG, but as a AAA game I was expecting a bit more polish.

You can always play the other FF games if you haven't already.

Around the Network

If you like puzzle games like Sudoku kinda thing then the Picross S games are great on the Switch there are 4 of them, 1-3 and a kemono one or so which features little anime girls as animals to draw... they're strange games but there is a demo of a thing called pic a cros (or very similar) which will show you the type of game it is, if you wanna download the demo of that, but don't buy that, buy the Picross S titles, they're way way better for the user controls imo.

Rogue Legacy is a great way to lose 50 hours or so if you get into it for €15 it's a 2d rogue dungeon exploration game where the castle you enter changes each time you die and so does your character (a little bit) but you have to do more and more runs to collect items and gold which you can use on your next play through to try and get further in and kill some of the best and hardest bosses I've played in years. I've platinumed this game on both Vita and PS4 it's amazing.

If you wanna not spend money and have 8gb of space free on the Switch and want some Overwatch action, download Paladins on there, it's a fantastic free to play team based shooter with a crazy number of characters all of whom have unique abilities and their own charm to them, I originally just got it as a way to have overwatch on the go but now Overwatch is just for late night sessions with pc friends where as paladins is....

Paladins is great lol....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Hollow Knight. Its beautiful and engaging, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Dulfite said:
Wait, there are people that don't have a backlog the size of the wall surrounding Nancy Pelosi's house? How is this possible?

Haha I do have a backlog, but of games that I've lost interest in and don't really want to return to. 

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Thanks for all the responses! I may go with Hollow Knight. I love metroid-vania games so this sounds like it'd be right up my alley.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Some games that I really like that I don't think were only your list

Axiom Verge - I like this better than the last few Metroids I've played. Extremely fun.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - A must play for anyone who likes tactical RPG type games.

Katamari Damacy Reroll- Haven't gotten the Switch version yet, but the PS2 version is one of my top 10 games of all time.

Any Final Fantasy - They are all good and highly recommended if you haven't played them before.