By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat Developer Diagnosed with PTSD

If true it's sad, but a part of me feels like these guys should've known what they signed up for working NeatherRealm Studios. MK games are their bread and butter.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
V-r0cK said:
If true it's sad, but a part of me feels like these guys should've known what they signed up for working NeatherRealm Studios. MK games are their bread and butter.

But I don't think they expected it to go so far as to look up YouTube lynchings and cattle slaughter.

Well, how else they would find reference materials to make the fatalities?Its not like they make everything out of their imagination.

But yeah, it still sucks that they have to go through all of this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

Well, how else they would find reference materials to make the fatalities?Its not like they make everything out of their imagination.

But yeah, it still sucks that they have to go through all of this.

Thought maybe it'd also be because of the alleged crunch time at NeatherRealm.

Yeah, thats sucks too.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

CaptainExplosion said:
V-r0cK said:

But I don't think they expected it to go so far as to look up YouTube lynchings and cattle slaughter.

They d be lucky if they only had to watch violence on youtube. Im not sure, but i dont think there are public executions on yt.

Hunting Season is done...

Ed Boon said they try to make the fatalities unrealistic...

Around the Network

This is one of the reasons why I personally have no intention to work for developers who do this type of 3D Art and Animation. It'll make my career harder but yeah I ain't dealing with that mess.

Death is not something I take lightly, but for those that can handle this type of work environment, kudos to you.

I hope that's not true, because it sounds disgusting.

To be honest, I don't even like fatalities or blood and gore on fighting games.

I mean, yeah. If someone doesn't like the sight of blood or death, should they work as a doctor in an emergency room? Probably not. Should they work for a software developer that has depended on that kind of thing for many years? Hm.

Why didn't he just say that it wasn't for him and resign?

CaptainExplosion said:
Ljink96 said:
This is one of the reasons why I personally have no intention to work for developers who do this type of 3D Art and Animation. It'll make my career harder but yeah I ain't dealing with that mess.

Death is not something I take lightly, but for those that can handle this type of work environment, kudos to you.

So you prefer working on games that are more simplistic and cartoony? I can get behind that.

Yeah pretty much. It's harder to get work doing Nintendo styled work where I live but I'd much rather do freelance and create work that I believe in. 

CaptainExplosion said:
pokoko said:
I mean, yeah. If someone doesn't like the sight of blood or death, should they work as a doctor in an emergency room? Probably not. Should they work for a software developer that has depended on that kind of thing for many years? Hm.

Why didn't he just say that it wasn't for him and resign?

He probably couldn't find any other work.

You have anything to support that "probably" or is that an assumption on your part?  Because if someone is able to get a job working on a big videogame franchise, I'm betting they have a decent resume.