By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega acquires Two Point Studios

Pemalite said:
Two Point Studios is the successor to Lionhead and includes allot of key personnel from Bullfrog too... Big win for Sega.

I didn't recognize Two Point, but Lionhead and Bullfrog are names I think highly of.  I hope to see a lot more games like these studios made.  Sounds like a good acquisition for Sega.

Around the Network
Marth said:
That is some exciting news. Two Point Hospital was great and I hope they can "remake" the other games too.

Me too. Waiting since 1995 for a worthy successor of Theme Park. It's about time

Sega used to be one of my favorite publishers and I've been hoping for them to make a huge comeback in the console market similar to what Capcom achieved in little over a year with Monster Hunter World, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5.

In the meantime, it's great to see them have success on PC.

Creative Assembly: Total War
Relic Entertainment: Company of Heroes + Dawn of War
Sports Interactive: Football Manager
Two Point Studios: Two Point Hospital

Thats a good buy!

Sega made a smart choice here.

Around the Network

Good pick-up by them. I can't wait to see what they make next now that they'll have a proper budget to work with.

What other (small-ish) studios do you think it would be worth Sega acquiring?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: First Look! RetroTINK 2X Multiformat Preview - Bit-Sized, Episode 5

StuOhQ said:

inXile and Obsidian. They should'Ve gone o a third-party like Sega, not a first party.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
StuOhQ said:

inXile and Obsidian. They should'Ve gone o a third-party like Sega, not a first party.

They should have fused and recreated Black Isle studios

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mnementh said:

They should have fused and recreated Black Isle studios

OMG, my dream!!!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]