26 million 1 9.09%

27 million 0 0%

28 million 1 9.09%

29 million 0 0%

30+ million 8 72.73%

Total:11
Wman1996 said:
Jumpin said:
The game is very good. One complaint reviewers had was the slow start. I am guessing this is mainly for review purposes because they haven’t been able to see the full game. But I have found the game in all its chore like tasks in a limited space is quite amusing. The main loop is completing quests, which gives the game a similar feel to casual mobile games. Animal Crossing is probably the most major non-freemium casual franchise in existence.

And by casual I mean a game that generally encourages limited play sessions over long periods of time. This doesn’t mean you can’t play for hours at a time, many casual games - including Nintendo’s first game marketed as casual (Brain Age) has stuff that you can binge play on, but the point of casual gaming is to keep players engaged for months or years, and not to emphasize necessity for binge gaming. Also, casual is not the opposite of a “hardcore gamers” since the “casual” element is about the necessary play session length, people can get fairly hardcore into casual games - Animal Crossing is one such example, but nearly every casual game has its hardcore base.

I've only played Animal Crossing: New Horizons for about two hours, but the slow start is nothing new. It's par for the course of the series. I agree that Animal Crossing actually makes menial tasks very fun and rewarding. Stardew Valley is like that in some ways too, as is Chibi-Robo for household cleaning. 

Animal Crossing is one of those games I want to play on a binge, but it's not really designed that way. At the very least, it's not designed that way at the start. New Leaf took 600 hours of my time, more than any game. New Horizons might end up in the same boat.

I think i put in 1,200 hours+ but it wasn't even my most played 3ds title! It was just behind ORAS and x/y.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
TopCat8 said:
I bought it, and have played it for a couple of hours, but I'm already out of stuff to do. I'm sure things will pick up in the coming days, though.

Pretty much every day, login, and there'll be stuff to do. In the first 30 or so days (from what I understand) you get new stuff introduced every day. That new stuff adds to the variety of things available. It's a sandbox game, but most of the sandbox mechanics open up later on.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

There are some other issues with the game:

1. It uses an outdated item pick up system. They could have at least used something similar to the Don’t Starve system where the character will move to the nearest item to pick it up rather.

I have some potential multiplayer complaints, but I am still exploring the issues. I have managed to solve a major roadblock.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 20 March 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Noticed a few different things with New Horizons such as

1) running no longer scares fishes away and running starts automatically

2) balloon presents spawn more frequently

3) eating fruit allows you to dig up fully grown trees

4) they made Blathers able to give you more information when donating fish, insects and fossils. Ability to skip conversation is there also

5) able to store live fish and insects in storage now

Plenty more different things but those stood out to me the most.

I had some bad house placements on my first island and so I decided to just start again since I was only about 1 hour in if that. I liked the layout of the first island but I just did some terrible placements. I am making good progress and now on day 2 which the airport opened up. Did my first island tour visit or whatever it is called and got some coconuts to plant on my island. Got Blathers required donations to upgrade to a museum tomorrow. Was wondering when I was going to get that pole to cross rivers and luckily Blathers gives you the recipe. Now I just need a ladder. 

My island is already starting to look semi decent with little I have to work with.  Oh and I finally upgraded all my tools to regular tools and not flimsy.  The flimsy tools breaking all the time was a little annoying.  Another annoying thing was all the nook miles notifications at the start of the game.  It reminded me of getting a new cellphone and getting tons of notifications till you turn them off or setup phone.  Takes longer to get some of the Nook miles later so doesn't ping you as much as start.

Since the airport finally opens up on day 2 I might be looking for people that might want to try to either come to my island or I go to their island later today.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 21 March 2020

TopCat8 said:
I bought it, and have played it for a couple of hours, but I'm already out of stuff to do. I'm sure things will pick up in the coming days, though.

First day is limited because you can't cross the rivers. Blathers comes (after you give Nook 5 donations) then you can make pole which allows you to finally cross rivers.

Getting the expanded inventory and upgraded tools recipes from Nook miles trade in helps a lot. 

Around the Network

Well, after playing for 3 hours last night and 5 hours today, I'm basically stuck waiting for Blathers to arrive tomorrow morning. I went on two island tours, and bought the tool wheel. Took me a while, but I figured out you could just throw fish on the ground, in tanks. Also the ability to bury wood, has really freed up my inventory. Hopefully there's a storage chest that comes with your house. I have stuff all over my island, buried everywhere.

Where the heck are people getting fish tanks???

Marth said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Well, after playing for 3 hours last night and 5 hours today, I'm basically stuck waiting for Blathers to arrive tomorrow morning. I went on two island tours, and bought the tool wheel. Took me a while, but I figured out you could just throw fish on the ground, in tanks. Also the ability to bury wood, has really freed up my inventory. Hopefully there's a storage chest that comes with your house. I have stuff all over my island, buried everywhere.

There is.

A general storage is included when you upgrade your tent to a house.

I don't even think you need Blathers for that you just have to pay that 5000 Nook Miles and then ask for a upgrade.

I am also waiting for the museum to open and put all my stuff in front of the entrance :D

Insects also go into boxes when you drop them on the ground.

Yeah, my house is also being built tomorrow morning. So my storage is the ground for now. Hopefully buried items all stay in place overnight like the last game. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Just choose "display" when using a fish as an item. The game automatically generates them. You don't need to buy or build fishtanks. 

Marth said:

When you put fish on the ground they automatically get put in a tank.

So you can place them anywhere as "furniture"

Cerebralbore101 said:

Just choose "display" when using a fish as an item. The game automatically generates them. You don't need to buy or build fishtanks. 

what the heck

you can just place stuff down and it will stay there permanently? 

dang

everything else in the game seemed to value doing things right. so i didn't know you could just place stuff down in the middle of nowhere and not have it unloaded later.