25 million 1 9.09%

26 million 1 9.09%

27 million 0 0%

28 million 1 9.09%

29 million 0 0%

30+ million 8 72.73%

Total:11
sethnintendo said:

Nevermind I have all fruit. I swear I thought I was missing one.  Apparently they did get rid of all the other fruits.

I have PTO but I will just file for unemployment to cover so I don't have to use my time off.   They haven't declared stay at home yet but they are supposed to for non essential businesses.  I'll be fine for now since all my bills paid till end of next month.  I'm still employed not laid off. Id just be temporary not allowed to work.  I'll find out more once I go in for second shift today.  My girl's work got an exemption to allow stay open (Flex factory). I don't think my job will though.

Damn, I'll miss lemons and bananas. D:

Best of luck to you and your family man, I only gots mad respect for the working class taking care of others, and not just because your taxes are probably paying for my existence lul.

super_etecoon said:

I am absolutely enjoy this game. That being said, I probably won't be particpating too much in this thread at the time being, since I really hate spoilers and just want to have a ton of one on one time with the game. It certainly has come out at a great time and I've been enjoying playing the game with my girlfriend with two tvs in the same room. Not a bad way to have to spend quarantine.

I hope all of you are well and enjoying the game and being safe. See you on the other side of all of this.

Did you start the game at launch? If so there shouldn't really be spoilers, I don't think many here are time traveling.

Cerebralbore101 said:

@shakarak @Lonely_Dolphin @Marth @sethnintendo @allvgchartzmembers

I'll be online tonight at 830 central time. My gates will be open. Swing by and say hi!

It'd be great if we could get 4 or more vgchartz users together on the same island. 

If you're still on by the time I finish making dinner then I'll be there!

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
super_etecoon said:

I am absolutely enjoy this game. That being said, I probably won't be particpating too much in this thread at the time being, since I really hate spoilers and just want to have a ton of one on one time with the game. It certainly has come out at a great time and I've been enjoying playing the game with my girlfriend with two tvs in the same room. Not a bad way to have to spend quarantine.

I hope all of you are well and enjoying the game and being safe. See you on the other side of all of this.

Don't want to spoil too much but have you seen those articles about a supposed clown from hell that is a new character in game?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjdmb5/animal-crossing-new-horizons-pietro-clown-villager-waypoint-radio

Pietro isn't new he was in new leaf and before this game.

I have never played an Animal Crossing game but my brother got me a copy of New Horizons so we could play together. He has my copy right now (he bought it for me, but then immediately borrowed it because he realized too late he ran out of money), but I'll be getting it back in two weeks.

Any general tips, tricks, hints, and advice needed going into this? I'm excited for a 'do nothing but chill' game, something I've not enjoyed in a long, long time. Not 100% convinced it's my kind of game, but my brother said the same thing and he seriously considered rescinding the gift so he could keep the game he bought me, he's liking it so much.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

thetonestarr said:
sethnintendo said:

What is your character name in AC?  I'm not sure if you were Shane or Tony.  I suppose that would be another thing I need to put in OP to make things less confusing on who is who in game.

Oh I'm guessing you are Shane?  I was wondering why it kept acting like someone was going to visit but didn't happen for awhile.  I think that Tony guy game to my town then went afk with his keyboard out.  Sorry about that I was wondering what was going on but I'm pretty sure it was sleepy Tony that came and passed out in my town then went home after he woke up.

Haha uh yeah I fell asleep, but didn't have keyboard out as far as I know. If I did though, sorry!

Lol all good.  Not sure what happened but maybe you had something out afk.  It all worked out in the end.  Just took Shane like 10 attempts.  You must have been exhausted lol because you woke up then took off.  Maybe next time you'll be more awake.  My island is a lot better looking now so you didn't miss much first visit.

Runa216 said:
I have never played an Animal Crossing game but my brother got me a copy of New Horizons so we could play together. He has my copy right now (he bought it for me, but then immediately borrowed it because he realized too late he ran out of money), but I'll be getting it back in two weeks.

Any general tips, tricks, hints, and advice needed going into this? I'm excited for a 'do nothing but chill' game, something I've not enjoyed in a long, long time. Not 100% convinced it's my kind of game, but my brother said the same thing and he seriously considered rescinding the gift so he could keep the game he bought me, he's liking it so much.

Well my main tip would be just to take it easy first few days.  The game is slow the first day or two limiting where you can go.  First thing you want to do is donate 5 (fish or insects) to Tom Nook.  This gets Blathers to come to town next day to start setting up museum.  Blathers then gives you recipe to make vaulting pole which allows you to cross rivers.  Then second day should focus on getting wood supplies for Nook to setup their Nook Cranny shop.   You also want to donate more to Blathers once he comes to town so the museum is built from the little shack he first comes to town in.  Once main museum is built he gives you recipe to make ladder so you can climb cliffs.

Or you can just wait till day 2 when airport opens up and come to my town or let me come there and I'll drop off all tools like ladder and pole early so you can actually explore your entire island.  You also want to plant all fruit that your island didn't start with.  Fruit your island start with sells cheap in your town but other fruit not native to your town sells for far more.

Last piece of advice for now is to fish at first.  Fishing is your best way to get money.   The easiest is rare beetles during summer time.  Beetles in summer time mainly on beach like on coconut trees you plant in your town from the nook miles ticket where you can visit random islands.  Rare beetles like the golden beetle give you tons of money only problem is that they don't come around till summer time at night.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
sethnintendo said:

Don't want to spoil too much but have you seen those articles about a supposed clown from hell that is a new character in game?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjdmb5/animal-crossing-new-horizons-pietro-clown-villager-waypoint-radio

Pietro isn't new he was in new leaf and before this game.

Well shoot never seen him before in New Leaf but good looking out.   Nice to know little tid bits that perhaps a simple animal crossing wiki search would have revealed.  I guess perhaps he was semi rare character to spawn in New Leaf because I never have seen him.  Only sheep I know is Barbaraa or however spell her name.

sethnintendo said:
Runa216 said:

Well my main tip would be just to take it easy first few days.  The game is slow the first day or two limiting where you can go.  First thing you want to do is donate 5 (fish or insects) to Tom Nook.  This gets Blathers to come to town next day to start setting up museum.  Blathers then gives you recipe to make vaulting pole which allows you to cross rivers.  Then second day should focus on getting wood supplies for Nook to setup their Nook Cranny shop.   You also want to donate more to Blathers once he comes to town so the museum is built from the little shack he first comes to town in.  Once main museum is built he gives you recipe to make ladder so you can climb cliffs.

Or you can just wait till day 2 when airport opens up and come to my town or let me come there and I'll drop off all tools like ladder and pole early so you can actually explore your entire island.  You also want to plant all fruit that your island didn't start with.  Fruit your island start with sells cheap in your town but other fruit not native to your town sells for far more.

Last piece of advice for now is to fish at first.  Fishing is your best way to get money.   The easiest is rare beetles during summer time.  Beetles in summer time mainly on beach like on coconut trees you plant in your town from the nook miles ticket where you can visit random islands.  Rare beetles like the golden beetle give you tons of money only problem is that they don't come around till summer time at night.

I barely have the context needed to understand any of this, but I'll be sure to keep it in mind when I get the game back! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sethnintendo said:
thetonestarr said:

Haha uh yeah I fell asleep, but didn't have keyboard out as far as I know. If I did though, sorry!

Lol all good.  Not sure what happened but maybe you had something out afk.  It all worked out in the end.  Just took Shane like 10 attempts.  You must have been exhausted lol because you woke up then took off.  Maybe next time you'll be more awake.  My island is a lot better looking now so you didn't miss much first visit.

Yeah we're prepping to sell our house and move 1000 miles away... been pretty dang busy with all the work involved.

Add me to the OP please!

VGC Username Switch Friend Code AC Character Name AC Town Name
thetonestarr 5120-1900-6153 Tony Númenor

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'll be on again tonight at 830 central time. Trying to catch the stringfish before march ends. After that he doesn't reappear until December.

Usually after my first 30 mins to an hour of play, with my gates open, I'll start to try visiting people myself.

I still can't get over how amazing New Horizons looks. Never have I been so pleased with a game's graphics before! I constantly find myself appreciating the beautiful visuals and taking tons of pics. Love the sun rises/sets, love how clean and neat the grass looks once all the weeds n sticks are gone, love all the detail put into the game's millions of furniture n objects, god damn I just love everything!

Also, waiting for the shop to be open be like:

I know I could just put the stuff in the dropbox, but I think you get less money that way, and besides it's fun to stack my stuff like this. :L

sethnintendo said:

I've actually found bug catching to be my main money money maker even now while it's not Summer yet. Between 5pm and 8am Emperor Butterflys and Man-Faced Stink Bugs are abundant, and at night Tarantulas too. Leaving at least one section of the island with it's flower's petals intact is highly recommended!

Last edited by Lonely_Dolphin - on 25 March 2020