By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I choose...

N64 56 48.28%

Wii 60 51.72%

Total:116

for me it's N64. Came out in the prime of my childhood. Have so many great memories with so many games. I just hated the Wii's controllers.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The wii had the lowest quality libary of any popular platform of all time, all helmed by a handful some of the best Nintendo first party games. The N64 had fewer games, but a vastly and more solid lineup of first and third party games. The Switch is already ahead of the Wii in terms of quality games and its only been around two years.

Eh, not JRPG for sure, outside Paper Mario 64, no JRPG on N64 was that good. Also, Wii had Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime 3, N64 had none. Not to mention, Super Smash Bros Brawl can't be worse than Super Smash Bros 64. Monster Hunter 3 Tri, Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are definitely high quality ones which will be very tough for N64 to match

Another thing to factor is that only 296 games in total released on N64, 296 games were rated 75% and above by critics on the Wii (150 above 80%). So he is certainly wrong about the quality of Wii's lineup.

He's not wrong about the Switch though, it has over 350 games above 80%, this actually makes it by far the most solid lineup of any Nintendo console ever; in fact, it's one of the highest amount of quality releases on any gaming console ever: and that's so far. The Wii is no slouch though, it is the third most highly reviewed lineup of any Nintendo console, ahead of the 3DS but slightly behind the DS. Another thing of interest is that the SNES and Gamecube (both behind 3DS, but ahead of GBA and Wii U) are virtually tied, but the SNES IMO wins solidly because of the high volume of ports of routine PS2 games (like Madden) on Gamecube, while the majority of ports on other Nintendo consoles come with exclusive features (even the Switch has a lot of games only available portably); although it could be argued that the Wii U exclusive features were not relevant compared to motion controls on Tiger Woods golf, or portability/local multiplayer on Switch steam ports. The worst quality lineup of any Nintendo console ever is actually the Gameboy: while it had an impressive 1049 games released, only 30 of them had metascores 80% or above.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.