By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

kirby007 said:
Ryuu96 said:

These are a few of my ideas.

• "Create a Thread" button in the Buddy underneath "My Topics | Hot Topics"
  • Expand the number of threads displayed on front page (from 14 to 16?) - We can discuss this.
  • Add settings to allow users to change the number of threads displayed on front page (I.e. 10/12/14/16/18/20).
  • Page sorting on the front page (I.e. Page 1/2/3) for looking for older threads.
  • Increase the points for Thread Creation (from 10 to 30?) - We can discuss this.
  • Authored a Forum Thread is broken (I.e. doesn't give points).

buddy on phones is incredibly bugged dont pin your hopes on that, rather put it above the list in the forum subsection on the frontpage

Alright!

Although we can do both!

(Just a concept).

Stick it there?

Around the Network

Nice to see people still working on the site.

BraLoD said:

Nice to see people still working on the site.

Talon went MIA but he's busy with his personal life.

We found Bandorr who has been working on things, though as a reminder it's still only him, hopefully Talon returns or we find others to help out.

We can actually look into things again but I can't promise they'll all happen or they'll be quick, we'll see.

SegaHeart said:
Kakadu18 said:

I don't even know where the button is anymore. It feels like I need to go through an entire labyrinth to find it. The button needs to actually be called "Create a Thread".

The thread creation itself is fine.

The changes you want to make sound great. Definitely need those.

Click this in the front page

right hand corner, (click on forums) It's in orange color.

then go to ----> you'll see this (New topic) on right side It's the green button. That's how I create threads in PC and Mobile.

And exactly that button should be called "New Thread" instead of "New Topic".

Kakadu18 said:

And exactly that button should be called "New Thread" instead of "New Topic".

Eh, I think Topic is fine, as it is consistent with the rest of the tabs (Hot Topics, Latest Topics, etc). Could even call it "New Discussion", as that's what Boards are known as.

Either way, the addition will help, so I agree with implementing it.

Around the Network

Where is talon?

A button on the buddy could only help. If it looks a bit weird... Who cares.

I should participate in creating threads too. I'm on here a lot due to having a tab open during work every day.

ironmanDX said:

Where is talon?

I should participate in creating threads too. I'm on here a lot due to having a tab open during work every day.

Talon is dealing with personal life. We have new Mods/Admins filling in for him however, starting with Bandorr.

CGI-Quality said:
ironmanDX said:

Where is talon?

Talon is dealing with personal life. We have new Mods/Admins filling in for him however, starting with Bandorr.

I see. 

It's been a long and hard few years for many including myself at times.

Wishing you all the best Talon. Hope to see you emerge on the other side of your current situation a stronger person. 

Maybe that could be a thread. A talon appreciation thread. 

Also create an ioi depreciation thread for the lulz. We know that he won't see it.

ironmanDX said:
CGI-Quality said:

I see. 

It's been a long and hard few years for many including myself at times.

Wishing you all the best Talon. Hope to see you emerge on the other side of your current situation a stronger person. 

Maybe that could be a thread. A talon appreciation thread. 

Also create an ioi depreciation thread for the lulz. We know that he won't see it.

Lol, I think he's fine? He's just busy, have to remember that this is all unpaid voluntary work for him (and now Bandorr) and Talon has his own life and job to deal with so he can't really dedicate too much time to VGChartz. Appreciate all the work he did but that's the negative of having to rely on voluntary work and why (Imo) we could do with multiple coders, thankfully we found and vetted Bandorr and we will try to find others to help where they can.

Well, I jumped the gun. It was a vague response and I interpreted that as CGI trying to be as respectful as possible to talon. 

Could still do those threads though...

I have to know though, ioi is still an "active" user.

Can you mods just pretend that the thread doesn't exist should I create it?

Thanks.