By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XII Appreciation and Strategy Thread

BraLoD said:
Best FF.
IX and XII are masterpieces.

FFIX is sooooooo amazing and charming, easily one of the best ones.

Around the Network

Did You Know....

That FFXII also has one of the most fully realized lore on the creatures and entities in it's world mythos?

The Urgan Yensa are pretty interesting, there is even secret side plot with them.

Every little fiend and creature served a purpose.

The Mist plays an important role in much of this, especially in Nabudis....

The Bestiary in the game actually casually unlocks an index of world info. It's triggered by defeating a number of each type of enemy.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I remember really loving FF12 when I first played it on the PS2. The storyline irritated me a little, but the combat and exploration more than made up for it. It may have the best gameplay of any of the mainline Final Fantasy games.

I have not tried any of the recent remastered games yet. I've heard the changes to the leveling system have made the game too easy. I still may give it a shot though since the PS2 game was so good. Has anyone here played both versions and if so what did you think?

I've heard this too but I don't see how that is possible when compared to the original Western release of the game. Maybe when compared to the International version of the game.

The original Western release allowed everyone to be Everything. There were no class restrictions. By a certain point you could have the entire License board unlocked with every move. Most Magical spells could be bought from the shops.

One of the more grueling things was the gambits, of which most you had to find in random chests throughout the world. Some of the chests had a low probability rate of spawning gambits or weapons, and they didn't respawn. You had to know what chest gave what and keep reseting. Then there was the infamous Zodiac Spear situation where random unmarked chests thru the game would keep you from getting the ultimate weapon.

And that's another thing, seeing as no one was beholdened to any job, they could all use the same weapons.

International Version is where the restriction to a single job class came from. And so that really spiced things up a bunch. Yet I would say that killed off some nuance that the merging of job abilities had.

Zodiac Age is a lot more well polished and challenging then the original version. But an great improvement over the International. Wish they had a way to level Espers still tho.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll have to give these newer versions a shot, since the rumors of nerfed difficulty may be referring to the International Edition.

dane007 said:
For me its the second best FF game after 8. Story and combat are amazing. However wish it was harder. It became a bit to easy 😂

You can make it harder by trying to level everyone up not just your main party at a normal game pace. This was my first mistake on my very first place through, yay back when. It basically means your characters level up at 50% all the time.

Hmm, pie.

I've gotten back knee deep into this game now and am now remembering the sheer amount of side content in the game.
-Pharos Subterra dungeon and Great Crystal maze
- Hunts
-The high level Espers like Ultima and Zodiark
-Rare Elite Mark spawns
-The collection of the "F.I.N.A.L F.A.N.T.A.S.Y." Ultimate Weapons and stuff like Zodiac Spear.
-Gilgamesh and Genji Armor set.
-100 Wonders of Ivalice
-TRIALS!!!!

I originally thought this game was skimp on side content back in the day, how wrong I was.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)