By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will release first, Metroid Prime 4 or Final Fantasy VII Remake (full game)?

Which one?

Metroid Prime 4 69 56.10%

Final Fantasy VII Remake 44 35.77%

Neither will ever release 10 8.13%

Total:123
fatslob-:O said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not really, "the basic story scenario", "the basic", the other four are side stories anyway, not basic :))

Hahaha, and no reason to believe they won't combine all stories of all 5 parts or give up the multi-release either :))

Actually, there is, FFVIIR was made by Square and MP4 was made by Retro Studios :))

LOL, they NEVER confirmed that they were going to remake the entire chronology ...

Combine the whole chronology ? Not going to happening with official information and footage given so far. Give up multi-part release ? The most likely thing to be dropped, at least more so than CC2's ... (plenty of time for Square to show more when we haven't seen anything in over 2 years yet)

As for your last statement, don't count it since Retro hasn't made a new game in nearly 5 years ...

Then no reason to tell people that they will release FFVIIR like this: https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-episode/

Without any proof, i don't believe that :))

Nintendo is overseeing Retro and count Square after thing like FFXV? Since the beginning of announcement, it was called FFVSXIII in 2006, then after 7 years it became FFXV and released in 2016, yet the final product is a mess, unfinished product, even manage to make FFXIII look great in comparison since that game at least is completed :)) So good, huh? If you mean based on their track record, sure i should believe Square more/s

Around the Network

Even with the big delay, I expect MP4 to come out first handily.

FF7 development has been a shitshow.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

HoangNhatAnh said:

Then no reason to tell people that they will release FFVIIR like this: https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-episode/

Nintendo is overseeing Retro and count Square after thing like FFXV? Since the beginning of announcement, it was called FFVSXIII in 2006, then after 7 years it became FFXV and released in 2016, yet the final product is a mess, unfinished product, even manage to make FFXIII look great in comparison since that game at least is completed :)) So good, huh? If you mean based on their track record, sure i should believe Square more/s

It's a 3 year old article, by now some plans have already changed ...  

Nintendo was "overseeing" the previous developer for MP4 so how did that turn out when one of Nintendo's executive, Shinya Takahashi had to publicly admit to the shameful development status of the game ?  

And yeah I'll take Square's ability to actually deliver over Retro's because unlike the latter who's probably not up to date on things or haven't released anything of substance for over 5 years, at least Square manages to somehow finish their damn overly ambitious long term projects like FFXV, DQXI, and KHIII with the next one being FFVII remake clearly. They deserve massive kudos for being able to improve their execution this generation ... 

What exactly has Retro achieved recently to prove that they have better production capabilities than Square ? Not counting Square's western branch like Crystal or Eidos, their Japanese development branch managed to release 3 high profile titles after the release of Retro's DKCTF while Retro themselves have still YET to even break this streak! 

Considering Square's batting average so far in comparison to Retro's, I'll definitely take my chances with Square since they have 3 in a row so far with a 4th one in the making for a home run ... 

This isn't the past anymore, the Square that you once knew from the last decade is not the same that we see today and likewise the same applies to Retro but in a worsening light instead. You need wake up and smell the coffee because you're losing of what's really happening right now ... 

HoangNhatAnh said:

It's a 3 year old article, by now some plans have already changed ...  

Nintendo was "overseeing" the previous developer for MP4 so how did that turn out when one of Nintendo's executive, Shinya Takahashi had to publicly admit to the shameful development status of the game ?  

And yeah I'll take Square's ability to actually deliver over Retro's because unlike the latter who's probably not up to date on things or haven't released anything of substance for over 5 years, at least Square manages to somehow finish their damn overly ambitious long term projects like FFXV, DQXI, and KHIII with the next one being FFVII remake clearly. They deserve massive kudos for being able to improve their execution this generation ... 

What exactly has Retro achieved recently to prove that they have better production capabilities than Square ? Not counting Square's western branch like Crystal or Eidos, their Japanese development branch managed to release 3 high profile titles after the release of Retro's DKCTF while Retro themselves have still YET to even break this streak! 

Considering Square's batting average so far in comparison to Retro's, I'll definitely take my chances with Square since they have 3 in a row so far with a 4th one in the making for a home run ... 

This isn't the past anymore, the Square that you once knew from the last decade is not the same that we see today and likewise the same applies to Retro but in a worsening light instead. You need wake up and smell the coffee because you're losing of what's really happening right now ... 

Or not :))

Correct, because they are overseeing it, so after some development, they decide MP4 gameplay is a mess and they find a new team to make it instead :))

FFXV? A mess, sure you love FFVIIR quality become like it? Or you want FFVIIR also take 10 years to make? DQXI is the only thing worth to mention. KH3 story, gameplay and characters are weak as fk. Even Recoded have more challenge, various gameplay as well as guest characters feature such as FF characters, there is none FF character in KH3. 358/2 Days have way better story about relationship and characters development compared to 3. When even 2 small DS games have something that is better than a big PS4 game, you know there's a problem :)) Outside some small games, i can see why now not too many people talk about them or FFVIIR :))

"What exactly has Retro achieved recently to prove that they have better production capabilities than Square ?" Their project don't take 10 years to make, then change name, and become a mess with only good graphics like another game :))

"they have 3 in a row so far with a 4th one in the making for a home run" With only one good game so far, you mean :))

"This isn't the past anymore, the Square that you once knew from the last decade is not the same that we see today" Agree, compared to the quality games from them in ps1/ps2 era, outside DQXI, Nier Automata (mostly thank to Platinum) this gen is almost a joke :))

"the same applies to Retro but in a worsening light instead" Weird, i don't remember Retro had made any masterpiece like FFXIII or boy band trip like XV

Thank you, love ice cream way more than some cheap caffeine

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 30 April 2019

HoangNhatAnh said:

Or not :))

Correct, because they are overseeing it, so after some development, they decide MP4 gameplay is a mess and they find a new team to make it instead :))

FFXV? A mess, sure you love FFVIIR quality become like it? Or you want FFVIIR also take 10 years to make? DQXI is the only thing worth to mention. KH3 story, gameplay and characters are weak as fk. Even Recoded have more challenge, various gameplay as well as guest characters feature such as FF characters, there is none FF character in KH3. 358/2 Days have way better story about relationship and characters development compared to 3. When even 2 small DS games have something that is better than a big PS4 game, you know there's a problem :)) Outside some small games, i can see why now not too many people talk about them or FFVIIR :))

"What exactly has Retro achieved recently to prove that they have better production capabilities than Square ?" Their project don't take 10 years to make, then change name, and become a mess with only good graphics like another game :))

"they have 3 in a row so far with a 4th one in the making for a home run" With only one good game so far, you mean :))

"This isn't the past anymore, the Square that you once knew from the last decade is not the same that we see today" Agree, compared to the quality games from them in ps1/ps2 era, outside DQXI, Nier Automata (mostly thank to Platinum) this gen is almost a joke :))

"the same applies to Retro but in a worsening light instead" Weird, i don't remember Retro had made any masterpiece like FFXIII or boy band trip like XV

Deflection LOL, Nintendo 'overseeing' led to MP4 getting delayed regardless ... 

Argue about the quality of the releases all you want but at least ALL of Square's big release have been on the same level if not better than Retro's LAST release which was OVER 5 YEARS AGO. It's the opposite in reality bro, nobody gives a shit about Square's smaller games such as 358/2 Days (a lot of KH fans skipped that crap) but I see Switch fans port begging for these 3 games ALL THE TIME and you know it! 

HoangNhatAnh said:

So it's OK for one studio (Retro) to have long gaps in their releases which still have yet to release a new game but it's not OK for another studio (Square) to do the same ? Hypocritical much ? It'll be EIGHT YEARS since their last release if Retro ever does manage to release MP4 out ... 

HoangNhatAnh said:

At least all 3 of them ended up being better than DKCTF!  

HoangNhatAnh said:

LOL, Retro's in a similar position where they haven't achieved greatness since the GC/Wii generation. At least Square managed to get better this generation while Retro are sitting on their asses doing nothing ... 

HoangNhatAnh said:

Have you just forgotten that Retro's low point was it's last one as well ? Boy band trip XV was better than than Retro what released which was NOTHING in the last 5 years ...  

You aren't getting ice cream because Retro aren't going to serve it to you ... 

You have to get defensive by deflecting the issue to the quality of Square's release which means you're not even confident that Retro will release first!

Around the Network

HoangNhatAnh said:

At least all 3 of them ended up being better than DKCTF!  

DKCTF is held as a masterpiece in 2d platforming, no one is exactly saying the same thing about FFXV or KH3 in their genre 

MasonADC said:

DKCTF is held as a masterpiece in 2d platforming, no one is exactly saying the same thing about FFXV or KH3 in their genre 

Pretty sure Rayman Legends is an even bigger masterpiece in 2D platforming than DKCTF is ...  

Nobody is arguing that FFXV or KH3 is a masterpiece in their genre (hard to do so given competition) but when people like Hoang is derailing this thread by pushing a double standard then he'd best be prepared to be dealt with a similar retort ... 

I haven't heard ANYTHING worth of value from Hoang's arguments so far because he's in a state of total denial where he consistently delivers less than standard of proof to argue FFVIIR is having development troubles meanwhile he continues to ignore my side where I point one of Nintendo's own executives admitted on video that they ACTUALLY RESTARTED MP4 development which has been a TRUE shitshow so far since we haven't seen gameplay at all but if you're interested in taking Hoang's mantle then be my guest, however don't retread on the same shitty arguments that Hoang keeps doing and I'll be happy to continue our exchange ... 

MasonADC said:

Pretty sure Rayman Legends is an even bigger masterpiece in 2D platforming than DKCTF is ...  

Nobody is arguing that FFXV or KH3 is a masterpiece in their genre (hard to do so given competition) but when people like Hoang is derailing this thread by pushing a double standard then he'd best be prepared to be dealt with a similar retort ... 

I haven't heard ANYTHING worth of value from Hoang's arguments so far because he's in a state of total denial where he consistently delivers less than standard of proof to argue FFVIIR is having development troubles meanwhile he continues to ignore my side where I point one of Nintendo's own executives admitted on video that they ACTUALLY RESTARTED MP4 development which has been a TRUE shitshow so far since we haven't seen gameplay at all but if you're interested in taking Hoang's mantle then be my guest, however don't retread on the same shitty arguments that Hoang keeps doing and I'll be happy to continue our exchange ... 

Both games restarted development. The difference is that MP4 is under a completely new studio than the original, while FF7R is still under square hands. I have little expectations, but retro is literally known for making hits ever since Prime 1. About the last 5 years? I'm not sure what to say. I'm sure square has had projects cancelled in the last 5 years, but they are big enough to handle more than 1 game. Retro isn't, so it looks worse on their end. I'm sure we will find out one day what happened from 2014-2018 for retro

MasonADC said:

Both games restarted development. The difference is that MP4 is under a completely new studio than the original, while FF7R is still under square hands. I have little expectations, but retro is literally known for making hits ever since Prime 1. About the last 5 years? I'm not sure what to say. I'm sure square has had projects cancelled in the last 5 years, but they are big enough to handle more than 1 game. Retro isn't, so it looks worse on their end. I'm sure we will find out one day what happened from 2014-2018 for retro

Pretty sure FFVIIR didn't restart development ... 

That's just something "Dan Tsukasa" speculated who didn't detail his credentials and deleted every one of his accounts so far which makes him a very suspicious source of information ... 

Are people seriously going to literally take the words of some stranger on the internet who deleted his every accounts as gospel while it conflicts with Tetsuya Nomura's statement of "As I said at E3, development is progressing favourably" which is one of the DIRECTORS for FFVIIR ? 

Just because FFVIIR is still under Square's hands doesn't mean we should deny their recent achievements and redemption. Square aren't just talking about ambitious concepts anymore like they used to in the past, they've started delivering real products in reality such as FFXV, DQXI, and KHIII! 

As for Retro making hits, their peak was at the original Metroid Prime release. Their Donkey Kong games or Mario Kart 7 on the other hand have been less than top tier in comparison to their Metroid Prime series to be fair and I don't think many of their original employees are with them anymore ... 

I'm pretty sure Square hasn't cancelled any games within the last 5 years or at the very least didn't do so publicly going by their recent records. Sure Square can handle more than 1 project but to be fair their current projects have been far more complex in production so they deserve some benefit of doubt since they've proven that they can deliver these games as seen recently ... 

As far as finding out what happened to Retro between that time gap, I don't think we'll ever get a clear answer until a former employee during that time frame gives us the scoop. For now, it's not time yet for Retro to redeem themselves so I don't expect to see gameplay at E3 this year from them but if we don't see any gameplay for MP4 by the end of next year then MP fans should feel very eary ... 

I cant believe people are arguing to this degree over a completely speculative thread made for fun.