By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers (Dynasty Warriors/Musou spinoff)

estebxx said:
Hiku said:

If you think someone was cocky and you want to call them out, quote them. Who are you referring to?
Don't try to start a flame war with generalized insults like this.

The guy is just salty and its pretty obvious.

On Topic:

Considering that Nintendo is getting all sorts of Persona 5 related games (Q and now this), i would think its only fair if we start getting some Shin Megami Tensei related games... but i wont be port begging for said games because i simply absolutely hate the act of port begging, i have to wonder if the people who begged for P5 for years will finally buy a PS3, 4 or 5 to play the game or if they will just simply ignore it from now on, even though a lot of them acted like they were bigger fans of the game than those who actually played it, (ive seen a lot of people like that especailly on Gematsu).

I doubt i will buy Scramble since i just find that genre particularly boring, its the type of game i would likely buy if we werent sorrounded by so many other amazing games that i rather spend my time on.

Salty? Pls.. I couldn't care less.

I just find funny how some people are worked over the fact of others just assuming that could be a persona 5 port for switch bc of the recent Atlus and Snash bros activities. Calling out absurd, bc nintendo never got a mainline persona game (so??) , it would be stupid announcing the same game with adding just a "switch version" on the title (Dragon Quest and Dragon ball Xenoverse????).

And now that personaS turn out to be a musou game the same ones are like"HA nintento fans now will learn and stop the port begging"

Im sorry if I can clearly see how obvious are their behave. 

Last edited by 160rmf - on 26 April 2019

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
mZuzek said:

Actually...

Fascinating. It doesn't really fix the problem of two screens (I don't think they can overlap each other that well). I guess Super mario maker IS the best test for an etrian game though.

I'd have to try it first, but I guess there is hope.  3ds I can hold in one hand and use a stylus.. I haven't tried that with the switch.

Thanks.

Not just stylus issue, there are times where you need to be able to simultaneously look at both the map and gameplay to be able to maneuver around FOEs or be able to edit maps instantly. Having to stop and open the map every sec is inconvenient as heck. Even if they "put both screen horizontally side to side" it would still not work.

Bandorr said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not just stylus issue, there are times where you need to be able to simultaneously look at both the map and gameplay to be able to maneuver around FOEs or be able to edit maps instantly. Having to stop and open the map every sec is inconvenient as heck. Even if they "put both screen horizontally side to side" it would still not work.

It could very well be awkward yes.  Atlus may find a way though.  The Mario Stylus is interesting enough I'd like to see what they could do.

I'd like to move away from the 3ds. It is weird to keep it only for dungeon games like Nexus and Q2.

Yeah, by adding a second screen. So basically, you have to purchase an extra screen and stylus to play it, well, it will be fun to see the total price. Better come straight to PQ3 with new mechanic gameplay than trying to fix this thing for Switch imho.

Hiku said:
Azuren said:

I would presume it to be identical to the PS3 version.

What would their reasoning be for not putting the new content on the Switch version?

Not saying they couldn't. I would just be more invested in any version of Persona 5 making it to the Switch to care if it was OG or Royal.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Hiku said:
160rmf said:

I just find funny how some people are worked over the fact of others just assuming that could be a persona 5 port for switch bc of the recent Atlus and Snash bros activities. Calling out absurd, bc nintendo never got a mainline persona game , it would be stupid announcing the same game with adding just a "switch version" on the title (Dragon Quest and Dragon ball Xenoverse????).

And now that personaS turn out to be a musou game the same ones are like"HA nintento fans now will learn and stop the port begging"

If people feel they thought things through and present reasonable arguments, it can feel frustrating if it falls on deaf ears, for reasonings that do not seem thought through.
That is probably the source of some frustration, rather than "wanting to keep their exclusives pure" that you threw out.

Case in point, the "Switch" subtitles you mentioned.
It seemingly did not make sense in the case of a Persona 5 port here, for reasons previously laid out by a number of people.

Dragon Quest XI got a subtitle to differentiate it from the base version, because the Switch version has substantially more added content.
Xenoverse 2's "For Nintendo Switch" is an asterisk similar to this:

And in both cases the games launched with previous DLC that didn't come with the original game.
It's common to make that apparent in the title.

Would Atlus announce a Switch version, alongside Royal, with substantially different content? That seemed extremely unlikely. If they were to announce it on Switch within a similar time-frame, it would probably also be called Royal. Just like Mortal Kombat 11 is just Mortal Kombat 11 on every system.

So calling people "Nintendo fan port beggers" is ok if you think your side of the discussion is more valid? 

Seriously, I won't bother developing what people brought back to defend the possibility of the port, so I will put it simple. I don't agree with you. You think it's unlikely something like this to happen? So what? Many people also thought switch wouldn't be selling just as good like it's doing now, yet here we are.

You think this is frustation bc people couldn't listen the so well reasonable points, i call this desperation bc the possibility of this coming true frights them. It's not persona5s but it can still come any day, so people should be cutting down that narrative of mainline persona never touching a nintendo system

Last edited by 160rmf - on 26 April 2019

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:

I just find funny how some people are worked over the fact of others just assuming that could be a persona 5 port for switch bc of the recent Atlus and Snash bros activities. Calling out absurd, bc nintendo never got a mainline persona game (so??) , it would be stupid announcing the same game with adding just a "switch version" on the title (Dragon Quest and Dragon ball Xenoverse????).

You say you could not possibly care less yet here you are agruing about it.

You acusse everyone of being worked up over this and yet after reading this entire thread you are the only one here who is being passive agressive, throwing a jab like:

"Swallowing all this cockness seeing your exclusive getting "impure" with a nintendo version will be a great show"

Thats a straight up antagonistic attitude.

And then in a clear case of projection you acusse those who have arguments as to why P5 switch wasnt likely gonna happen of being rude, and pretending they are saying things lke: "HA nintento fans now will learn and stop the port begging" when literally no one here has acted in such an antagonistic way against the other side (except for you).

Honestly i hate wasting my time arguing about petty shit on the internet so im just gonna ignore you from now on, because thats how you really act when you honestly could not care less about something or someone.

For the record, I don't really care for musou games so I might not get this at launch, but I am a sucker for Persona spinoffs, and this being on Switch is a good incentive for me.

Honestly I was kinda fearing this day ever since Joker got announced in Smash; so many people who never played Persona want it on Switch, which is fine cause it's a great series and not everyone owns a PlayStation, but people kept expecting it to the point where expectations were so high to the point where everyone seemed convinced it was coming, and as soon as I saw P5R was PS4 only, I knew something was up.

I don't care either way cause I'll just pick up P5R on PS4 anyways, I just find the strong desire to play a game from a series they haven't really touched and the desire for it to be released on their platform of choice just cause the series hasn't really touched the platforms under their preferred company kinda weird, since it just seems so spontaneous. I saw a good amount of Nintendo fans become Persona fans when Joker in Smash happened, and I can tell some of them REALLY enjoy things like the music and characters, despite not playing the games, which is cool since Smash is good at marketing series to people who aren't familiar with then, but I guess it feels like this weird relationship, like being a fan of this actor despite never watching their movies or something.

People aren't gonna agree with what I say at all, and that's fine, just my perspective I guess, my very messy unconventional perspective.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

160rmf said:
estebxx said:

The guy is just salty and its pretty obvious.

On Topic:

Considering that Nintendo is getting all sorts of Persona 5 related games (Q and now this), i would think its only fair if we start getting some Shin Megami Tensei related games... but i wont be port begging for said games because i simply absolutely hate the act of port begging, i have to wonder if the people who begged for P5 for years will finally buy a PS3, 4 or 5 to play the game or if they will just simply ignore it from now on, even though a lot of them acted like they were bigger fans of the game than those who actually played it, (ive seen a lot of people like that especailly on Gematsu).

I doubt i will buy Scramble since i just find that genre particularly boring, its the type of game i would likely buy if we werent sorrounded by so many other amazing games that i rather spend my time on.

What if ps4 get SMTV R as exclusive in exchange? Also, Persona is casual anime cliche otaku compared to SMT anyway. After playing 3 and 4, i found nothing amazing about it. P5? Another show about high school students (again) with super power who save the world by power of friendship and idols. For sure P6, 7 and 8 will repeat the same thing. It's too good that make you mad like this? I don't think so

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 27 April 2019

pokoko said:
That looks pretty nifty.

Still don't get why anyone assumed that "S" meant "Switch". That was a reach to start with.

I think a lot of it has to do with Dragon Quest XI S.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

estebxx said:
outlawauron said:

If you like either of those games, then there are literally dozens of similar games that are worth playing. It's where the genre is more proliferated. 

While I agree that the Bayonetta 2 port begging was bad, Bayonetta was a PS3/360 game first lol. Monster Hunter 4 had zero port begging to my memory. People just wanted a Monster Hunter, period.

I agree, in fact the Trials of Cold Steel series is escencially another Persona game that in my opinion is even better and the only reason people aint port begging it, is because its nowhere as popular as Persona, but quality wise its there (except for the presentation and music but hey its better on the actual gameplay department so its a good trade off).

I'd argue that the music in Cold Steel is at least equal to it. The styles are very different, but Falcom is one of the best ever with music. Trails games are excellent!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.