By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers (Dynasty Warriors/Musou spinoff)

outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Why? Persona 5 and Witcher 3 are actually the only games I really want that are on PS4. Not enough to justify a PS4 purchase. So a port would be very welcome.

Port begging is usual and justified. It goes the other way around too: think of Monster Hunter 3 and 4 or Bayonetta.

If you like either of those games, then there are literally dozens of similar games that are worth playing. It's where the genre is more proliferated. 

While I agree that the Bayonetta 2 port begging was bad, Bayonetta was a PS3/360 game first lol. Monster Hunter 4 had zero port begging to my memory. People just wanted a Monster Hunter, period.

If only Sony or Microsoft helped Platinum instead Nintendo but no, they didn't. About MH4, zero port begging? Speak for yourself, in this site, maybe, in other sites like Siliconera, Neogaf or Gematsu, even Youtube, the amount of port begging is anything but zero

KingofTrolls said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Phew, look like SMTV won't come to ps4 in exchange and it will be safe from censorship by Sony

I doubt if SMT ever hit PS, and definitely not believe any exchange or some stuff.

Persona mainline games is always Sony exclusive, so for P5 come to Switch, there must be some exchanges

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 25 April 2019

Around the Network

Atlus, like a genie in a lamp. Switch got Persona 5 alright or at least a spin-off LOL ...

On a sidenote we can finally put the port begging to rest now ... 

zero129 said:
Bandorr said:

The wonderful thing about chatting about things on the internet - is that you're on the internet. Where google and wikipedia exist. So you can look up stuff like Q2.

Learning that it exist, what characters are in it and what kind of game it is.  It is a dungeon exploring game. Very similar to Etrian and mystery dungeon.  Which involves drawing the actual dungeon (walls, doors, floor, chests, monsters) on the "bottom" screen of  a 3ds using a stylus.

Something that would be an absolute disaster on the switch.  Which would make porting it to really any system a nightmare.  It might work on mobile devices but even then I'm not sure the touch screens are good enough.

Why would touch screens not be good enough when thats what you use on the 3DS?, and doesnt the switch have a touch screen?. If im remembering the games right they could easy move the bottom screen to the top screen with an overlay of the map in the corner of the top screen for you the draw on.

You use a stylus to draw map and use both screens at the same time. Switch don't have any stylus. If it coming to Switch, well, using your finger trying to precisely place things and paint tiles? Nightmare.

Bristow9091 said:
estebxx said:

I agree, in fact the Trials of Cold Steel series is escencially another Persona game that in my opinion is even better and the only reason people aint port begging it, is because its nowhere as popular as Persona, but quality wise its there (except for the presentation and music but hey its better on the actual gameplay department so its a good trade off).

Speaking of Trails of Cold Steel, I picked it up last month, preordered it actually, along with the second one... never played the games before but after doing a ton of research and watching reviews (Including a lot of in depth YouTube reviews) I get the feeling I'm going to REALLY enjoy it, although it's also gonna' take me FOREVER to finish it too, lol :P

You are gonna love it!, the only draw back from those games is that graphically they are pretty dated BUT! they are so good that after a little while you wont even notice that and will be completely immersed in that world.

If by any chance you remember this conversation make sure to give me your impressions after you beat the first game.

I own the special edition of the first game and the second game on PS3, and im currently thinking about buying the first 2 games on PS4 for all the DLC and improved "graphics" (resolution), and replaying the first game on PS4.

To any user or lurker reading this comment, if you enjoy Persona then you seriously need to check out the Trials of Cold Steel series.

Good. Every franchise should have a Musou game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

As enjoyable as musou games are I've yet to play one that meets the standards I have for Atlus's IPs.
I guess I might get it once it's heavily discounted.

Last edited by RenCutypoison - on 26 April 2019

Ahah, I admit I laughed at the news, because it just seems like an odd crossover. But this is one game I did not expect to be buying soon. I am glad that the PS4 and Switch can continue to get great games (Poor XB1 and PC.)

Farsala said:
 (Poor  PC.)

LOL Wut , PC is the one which always got Japanese games and niche games. 

HollyGamer said:
Farsala said:
 (Poor  PC.)

LOL Wut , PC is the one which always got Japanese games and niche games. 

For now it is only announced for PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

Atlas makeing a Musou game? ewwwwwwwwwww!

What is wrong with the world today...