By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Recent Website Updates

Mnementh said:
TalonMan said:

These are all EXCELLENT suggestions (well, maybe not that last one so much - but all of the other ones are great, and likely wouldn't take much effort). I'll add to my to-do list...

Well, as I see it the users with the most VG$ on this site have barely made it past 100K. So if one month gold is 100K VG$ and therefore one month silver is 40K and Bronze 25K, this should not be attainable in a month - or even a year. And gives the rich ones a possibility to blow their VG$. But well, was just a suggestion.

Thinking about it, I came up with another idea: over the site sprinkled are some different leaderboards, like for the prediction league and a badge leaderboard. There could be a general leaderboard. It could for each category offer the choice between overall, last year or last month. The categories could be:

• for users: post written, threads started, VG$ earned, VG-Points earned, most 'agreed with' earned, most upvotes on user reviews written by that user, prediction league VG$ won, PL win%, PL accuracy, most answers in threads started by that user, badges
  • for posts: agreed with
  • for threads: answers
  • for user reviews: most upvotes

Along these lines. The most important part is having only one leaderboard and switching between categories or time period (month, year, all time) in one central place.

More good stuff!!!

Geez - you're gonna keep me busy for the next 6 months...

Around the Network

That's quite a long list. I knew there had been lots of updates but didn't realize just how many. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Zkuq - on 25 April 2019

First of all, I wanna congratulate you for all the hard work you put in and the dedication you've shown. I know how many hours of work all these projects might have taken for you and I admire your tenacity in pushing through all those features (especially since I myself got distracted from some of those projects by shiny objects like new games).

On the topic of the scrolling, I want to add something: on desktop, when I mouse over an avatar in a thread, there's a second scrollbar that appears on the right side and it disappears once my cursor leaves the avatar. It's not a big deal but it can be annoying when scrolling down a page with the cursor lined up with the avatars. 

Edit : It's not only avatar, images in signature do it too.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 25 April 2019

Signature goes here!

Well done, TalonMan. That's quite a lot of work. And thanks to all of those involved in staff and the user community for all the data entry and upkeep. It's good to know the community is strong on the site.

I Luv IT! Awesome recap as well!! I certainly learned of new improvements I did not know existed. I do really, Really, REALLY appreciate the anti-spam guard; just sighting one example.

Excellent hard work with tangible improvements!!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

First of all, I wanna congratulate you for all the hard work you put in and the dedication you've shown. I know how many hours of work all these projects might have taken for you and I admire your tenacity in pushing through all those features (especially since I myself got distracted from some of those projects by shiny objects like new games).

On the topic of the scrolling, I want to add something: on desktop, when I mouse over an avatar in a thread, there's a second scrollbar that appears on the right side and it disappears once my cursor leaves the avatar. It's not a big deal but it can be annoying when scrolling down a page with the cursor lined up with the avatars. 

Edit : It's not only avatar, images in signature do it too.

What browser/OS are you using?

I have done nearly 90% of coding/testing in Chrome on my Mac, but I've recently discovered (thanks to work I was doing with Ryuu) that even Chrome on Windows and Chrome on Mac (even though they are the SAME VERSIONS of Chrome), behave differently...    !@@^%$!!!!!! 

Chrome on Windows 7. Seems to be okay on my other computer running on Windows 10 but it might also be linked to screen resolution. My screen is larger on my work computer (the one running Windows 7) than my home computer.

Signature goes here!

That's one hell of a summary of some damn fine work.

I hope the ownership recognizes how much your hard work has helped increase site engagement and enjoyment.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
That's one hell of a summary of some damn fine work.

I hope the ownership recognizes how much your hard work has helped increase site engagement and enjoyment.

For the record - I wrote up that list not so much for a "look at me!!" (although, anytime I can redirect users to our GameDB I'm always happy!! ), but because there really have been more updates than even I remember doing at this point. And learning that somebody doesn't know about a fairly nice enhancement like our "blue" theme, really kinda sucked.

So, this is all about making sure to enlighten the community - we don't want to have cool enhancements slip through the cracks, and go unnoticed. 

Did a little more digging. Looks like your overflow div (for scrolling) needs an id so you can use something like document.getElementById("id_of_div").focus();

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.