By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 and Final Fantasy xiii japan. ps3 saviour or not?

I agree hayeya... KH3 in HD would be immense!

Plus to say KH3 IS on the wii soriku is a but premature don't you think? Considering how 3rd party games on the wii do nothing close to the numbers 1st party games bring in i would think that the placing of KH3 at the moment is a bit 'up in the air' :P

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

Some thoughts:

1) This thread would be a lot more readable if there wasn't a big Sega picture every other post.

2) SquareEnix must be very worried about the PS3's situation. Japan is still the most important market for RPG's. FFX (1st one on PS2) sold almost 50% in Japan. The problem is that they can't risk other franchises to try and boost the PS3, because if it fails they'll be really screwed. They will try to keep the damage as low as possible, but they're not Sony's friend. They have their own business to manage so it is inevitable we'll see a big game for Wii. The first FF this generation will be on Wii (CC: Crystal Bearers) and it's very likely that KH3 will come to Wii as well. That's where the Japanes money is right now. DQ:Swords sold more than any PS3 game so far in Japan.

3) Imo MGS4 won't sell a lot of systems. It would be a big achievement if the game sold a million, so it's a liitle too much to ask for a 300.000+ console boost.

EDIT: Thanks for adjusting your sig size!

No probz. I never  knew you could change the size of the picture lol. I dont thinck the MGS4 will sell that m,any systems in Japan however i do consider it a system seller for the Japanese market.

obieslut,, u got mixed up,,, i was talking to soriku ,, my mistake :)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Squall_Leonhart said:

Plus to say KH3 IS on the wii soriku is a but premature don't you think? Considering how 3rd party games on the wii do nothing close to the numbers 1st party games bring in i would think that the placing of KH3 at the moment is a bit 'up in the air' :P

I think they are going to wait and see if the ps3 pics up a little bit sales wise beofore the final decision on which console(s) it will be on. But for some reason i can not shake off the feeling that its going to be a wii/ps3 or wii game

Squall_Leonhart said:

Are you kidding?

Dragon Quest Swords, a low quality spin off, sold more than ANY PS3 game released so far. I think SE has nothing to complain about the Wii. 

Nintendo is the only one that released games that were worthy of selling, that's why they sell more than 3rd parties. Did you see any game seriously underpeforming?

Around the Network
hayeya_k said:
obieslut,, u got mixed up,,, i was talking to soriku ,, my mistake :)

CRAP DAMN, GOD SAKE. i always seem 2 make me self look like a fool in some way lol, o well my time of shame will soon be overshadowed by something more embarrising sometime soon.

Anyway, it would be great to see FF XIII by the end of this year in Japan and Spring in USA/Europe. That would be a great thing tbh. :)

BengaBenga said:

On the KH3 issue:

1/3 of KH sales are from Japan. Do you really think it's a wise business decision at this point to make it for PS3?
It's a Disney game for #$%$ sake, of course Wii's demographics are way better for this game than PS3. Not to mention the 7 million difference in install base there will be at the end of this year.

PS3 IS NOT PS2! PS3 has a very hardcore, very graphically minded audience, which makes FF very suitable and KH less so.
PS2 had everyone. PS3 is not the spiritual successor to PS2.

1) Good point. So what about a WiiPS3 release? To get both audiences. The Wii, cause there are a lot of families and younger gamers and the PS3 cause both previous releases were on PS2.

2) Whoohoo! I'm gonna be a true hardcore gamer in the near future, when I buy my PS3. :D

I used to be a hardcore gamer than me brother stole me ps3 and sold it. But when i get me new one soon i will be Hardcore once again yh yh yyyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So sometime soon the ps3 is going to sell 900,001 units in a single week,

So what you gotter do is subtract 1 because its me 2nd ps3

If I was SE, I would delay FF XIII until holidays '09 when the PS3 will have a bigger base. The fact it isn't selling isn't SE problem, it's Sony. SE will only care that they can sell enough to be profitable, preferably highly profitable. By Holidays '09 the PS3 will be cheaper, possibly much cheaper and have a bigger install base. That's good for SE.

As for KHIII this has been debated to death but in all likelihood it'll be Wii exclusive as that makes the most sense. Wii has - bigger base, especially in Japan, a more Disney friendly audience, cheaper development cost. You only have to look at how much better Sonic, Lego and other cartoonish games sell better on Wii than PS3 to see it's pretty much a no brainer, it'd sell LOADS more on Wii. As for making it on both? Why? Unless PS3 owners would be happy with an enhanced Wii port. It won't be the HD game you'd want.