By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 and Final Fantasy xiii japan. ps3 saviour or not?

have you read that GT5 article?

not until SUMMER 2009?

what the hell is Sony thinking

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

I no r. i just seen that stupid thing, i used to like sony lots, but i am kina starting to go off them a little bit, how much more could they possibly be doing that takes a full year do make GT5 better

obieslut,,, Tetsuya Nomura once said in an interview that he will use the acquired experience from developping FFvsXIII in order to develop Kindom Hearts 3,, (according to me, he meant the experience acquired from working with the ps3 hardware),,
i know that the wii is kicking ass everywhere, but i'm still convinced that all main Kingdom Hearts will remain on Sony Consoles,,,
wii might get a side story a la Chains of memories or something like that

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

hayeya_k said:
obieslut,,, Tetsuya Nomura once said in an interview that he will use the acquired experience from developping FFvsXIII in order to develop Kindom Hearts 3,, (according to me, he meant the experience acquired from working with the ps3 hardware),,
i know that the wii is kicking ass everywhere, but i'm still convinced that all main Kingdom Hearts will remain on Sony Consoles,,,
wii might get a side story a la Chains of memories or something like that

o, ok that is a good basis to base your theory on, however how long ago was this said and i was leaning more towars wii because kingdom hearts is like a very cartoony themed game and thats the kind of games the wii is good at producing being as this game will not need to rely on graphical power but on the artistic direction. Also as you said because of the wii's popularity.

Look i hear everywhere that KH3 is going to the wii,,, is there any proof ??? SE didnt even hint about it,,,, i'm a DS3 owner (DS & PS3) :) , so u cant call me fanboy, but for the sake of the game i hope that it goes to the Ps3,, i dont want one of my favorite series to keep the same engine for 5 or 6 years !!! no offence Wii owners. really ,, i want to see it in HD, can u imagine Halloween town in HD ??? i'm dreaming already

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

Soriku, i'm 100 % confident that he said the opposite ,,, i'll search for the interview,,

Some thoughts:

1) This thread would be a lot more readable if there wasn't a big Sega picture every other post.

2) SquareEnix must be very worried about the PS3's situation. Japan is still the most important market for RPG's. FFX (1st one on PS2) sold almost 50% in Japan. The problem is that they can't risk other franchises to try and boost the PS3, because if it fails they'll be really screwed. They will try to keep the damage as low as possible, but they're not Sony's friend. They have their own business to manage so it is inevitable we'll see a big game for Wii. The first FF this generation will be on Wii (CC: Crystal Bearers) and it's very likely that KH3 will come to Wii as well. That's where the Japanes money is right now. DQ:Swords sold more than any PS3 game so far in Japan.

3) Imo MGS4 won't sell a lot of systems. It would be a big achievement if the game sold a million, so it's a liitle too much to ask for a 300.000+ console boost.

EDIT: Thanks for adjusting your sig size! 

soriku,,, take it easy my man,,, no offence really ,, i wasnt trolling at all,, but honestly, my brother posses a wii, it has fantastic games, but graphically , on an HD tV ,, it pales in comparison to the PS3,, and i want the game to have kick ass graphics (i think that even u want it to be a graphical showcase) but if KH3 it comes to wii, good for u wii owners enjoy it ,,, but i really hope that it comes to ps3!
By the way, neither my argument nor yours will decide where it will go, so chears....

hayeya_k said:
Look i hear everywhere that KH3 is going to the wii,,, is there any proof ??? SE didnt even hint about it,,,, i'm a DS3 owner (DS & PS3) :) , so u cant call me fanboy, but for the sake of the game i hope that it goes to the Ps3,, i dont want one of my favorite series to keep the same engine for 5 or 6 years !!! no offence Wii owners. really ,, i want to see it in HD, can u imagine Halloween town in HD ??? i'm dreaming already

I did not state for 1 sec that you was or are a fanboy. I dont like making claims like that as it causes to many arguments, i just wanted to know why you thought the game would be on ps3, and i do agree with you in the sence that i would prefere to play this game on the ps3 in HD instead of playing the game on the wii. I just am trying to as many different views about this as i can.

On the KH3 issue:

1/3 of KH sales are from Japan. Do you really think it's a wise business decision at this point to make it for PS3?
It's a Disney game for #$%$ sake, of course Wii's demographics are way better for this game than PS3. Not to mention the 7 million difference in install base there will be at the end of this year.

PS3 IS NOT PS2! PS3 has a very hardcore, very graphically minded audience, which makes FF very suitable and KH less so.
PS2 had everyone. PS3 is not the spiritual successor to PS2.