By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Price Point

How much would you be willing to pay with the PS5?

350 3 6.38%

400 8 17.02%

450 1 2.13%

500 26 55.32%

550 2 4.26%

600 4 8.51%

650 0 0%

700 0 0%

750+ 3 6.38%

Total:47

I'd go $500 if launch titles are right, id still prefer $400 tho as $500 with tax and one game is still around the $600 range

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

So, are we just continuing the discussion we had in the latest thread ? Ok ....

IMO, as I said depending on how they'll support their next VR Headset, I might be tempted to look for one when the Slim model will be out and probably during their Black Friday sales to boost. Not willing to go higher than 300$CAN. (Especially since I'll have to buy the headset too)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

John2290 said:
Also, people get phones on contract. I would not have paid a grand for my phone, if it wasn't 99 euro on my phone and internet contract I would not have it. If I had not had need of the contract, I'd do with my 20 euro secondary phone modeled after the Nokia 3210 and my thumbs and eyes would be thankful for it. No normal bloke or lass is spending anywhere near 1k on a phone and likely the majority of people manage a contract for a free phone and take the hit for a slightly more outdated or mid tier handset.

Never had a phone on a contract... Buy mine outright, even if they are $1,400 AUD. - Works out cheaper in the long run.

But I would certainly be the exception.

Price of the console doesn't bother me provided it has the hardware to back it's price.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

$500 USD (or roughly €450/£380 if I were in the Eurozone or the UK), if the specs were high enough to justify it.

Also, I started a thread on this subject last week: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239912&page=1#

I think it will be $500.

Around the Network

The price doesn't really matter when there is no choice anyway. The important thing is what's in the no-choice-box.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

450$ or 499$

I think 499$ is more likely of the two.

Hopefully MS will give us an idea come E3.

Random_Matt said:
Hopefully MS will give us an idea come E3.

They certainly won't announce any price.

Given they have been losing money on hardware front, right, left, back and center for the past year(s), MS is the company that will undercut Sony or lose money again on the next console(s).

I love my ps4, so I could pay 700 if I'm "forced" to, you know, I like it and pay more for a phone, however, paying more than 500 is a little bit too much for me. It doesn't feel right for a console if you ask me.

I'm ok to pay 800 for a phone, but I think game consoles should be way cheaper than that, specially because I buy subscriptions and games for it. So a ps4 doesn't cost me only the console price, but the ps plus and the games I buy for it. Even though I have to pay my 3g for my phone, i feel that I'm not giving any more extra money to Apple after that.

Ideally, I'd like to pay 400.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?