By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Popular Twitch speedrunner banned for "leaking" the N-Word

Mr Puggsly said:

Based on the video I saw, it seems impossible for Twitch to have known unless it was brought to their attention. It popped up for less than a second and it was tiny text. If you disagree though, that's fine.

You say the n-word is only used for one purpose, but its used in a neutral manner as well. This fact negates your point, you just feel different. I'm not gonna argue about how you feel.

I'm Hispanic and I've been called racial epithets. A coworker jokingly called me a dirty Mexican the other day and I laughed. I'm not supporting anything, I'm just not gonna pretend these words have any power on their own. If you think the n-word actually hurts people its because you feel the word on its own is dangerous, I disagree. I think racist actions matter, not so much words. Especially if they're used in jest which I feel they can be.

You always go to extreme examples. I'm certainly opposed to death threats or calls for violence, that's pretty much where the US draws the line on free speech. However, I feel putting someone in jail for teaching a dog to do a Nazi salute is a terrifying thing a tyrannical government might do.

Twitch have moderators who watch channels especially large ones case point was when one streamer flash her under carriage live and the stream went down 10 seconds later it's nothing new.

The is no neutral manner it's a slur look up the word's meaning hence why the majority of black people don't tolerate it as I mentioned earlier you hanging around some people using it ignorantly doesn't change this and never will.

Words being prohibited doesn't give them power, the slurs against Asians don't have power despite not being accepted in any way nor do the slurs against Jews have any power despite the stigma either people who argue this angle are waffling as ultimately any person punished for using them has only themselves to blame, if you think the word doesn't hurt anyone take up Spoken Truth's challenge and go to any random black person and say it you even earlier were accusing him of wishing violence on people when in actual fact you know how harmful a slur really is and realize the possible reactions from a random person, no matter how you use it you're going to find yourself in trouble racist slurs are racist actions just because you're accepting of ignorance around you when it's aimed at you doesn't mean everyone else is.

It's not an extreme it's the truth of the matter what you know as freedom is actually always been just one of the many forms of order you can do as you wish but you have to accept the consequences with in that order want to know what the actual freedom in your vision is like look at Somalia where people do as they like and the are frequent tribal and militant clashes, things go from order into chaos I guarantee that despite your complaints on order you wouldn't want any part of the alternative.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Based on the video I saw, it seems impossible for Twitch to have known unless it was brought to their attention. It popped up for less than a second and it was tiny text. If you disagree though, that's fine.

You say the n-word is only used for one purpose, but its used in a neutral manner as well. This fact negates your point, you just feel different. I'm not gonna argue about how you feel.

I'm Hispanic and I've been called racial epithets. A coworker jokingly called me a dirty Mexican the other day and I laughed. I'm not supporting anything, I'm just not gonna pretend these words have any power on their own. If you think the n-word actually hurts people its because you feel the word on its own is dangerous, I disagree. I think racist actions matter, not so much words. Especially if they're used in jest which I feel they can be.

You always go to extreme examples. I'm certainly opposed to death threats or calls for violence, that's pretty much where the US draws the line on free speech. However, I feel putting someone in jail for teaching a dog to do a Nazi salute is a terrifying thing a tyrannical government might do.

Twitch have moderators who watch channels especially large ones case point was when one streamer flash her under carriage live and the stream went down 10 seconds later it's nothing new.

The is no neutral manner it's a slur look up the word's meaning hence why the majority of black people don't tolerate it as I mentioned earlier you hanging around some people using it ignorantly doesn't change this and never will.

Words being prohibited doesn't give them power, the slurs against Asians don't have power despite not being accepted in any way nor do the slurs against Jews have any power despite the stigma either people who argue this angle are waffling as ultimately any person punished for using them has only themselves to blame, if you think the word doesn't hurt anyone take up Spoken Truth's challenge and go to any random black person and say it you even earlier were accusing him of wishing violence on people when in actual fact you know how harmful a slur really is and realize the possible reactions from a random person, no matter how you use it you're going to find yourself in trouble racist slurs are racist actions just because you're accepting of ignorance around you when it's aimed at you doesn't mean everyone else is.

It's not an extreme it's the truth of the matter what you know as freedom is actually always been just one of the many forms of order you can do as you wish but you have to accept the consequences with in that order want to know what the actual freedom in your vision is like look at Somalia where people do as they like and the are frequent tribal and militant clashes, things go from order into chaos I guarantee that despite your complaints on order you wouldn't want any part of the alternative.

I doubt Twitch caught it themselves, but okay.

Uh huh, I know what the dictionary says. But its not reflective of how its often used. Basically you're just angry people use it in a neutral manner, disagreeing with me isn't gonna change that reality.

Also, its funny you seem to think I'm speaking just anecdotally. As if you somehow missed all the music, TV and movies where the n-word has been used neutrally. You're trying to change reality to make an argument.

People who get punished for using a slur are punished by people who deem themselves morally superior. They aren't punished because there is an actual victim. Frankly, I refrain from using slurs for the same reason I don't wear a MAGA hat in public. My moral superiors might make trouble and could use violence to show their moral superiority.

Again, an irrelevant extreme example. You equate my preference of freedom of speech to a fucked up country like Somalia. You give people a little freedom and the end result is Somalia. I can't help but think that's another country ravaged by Islamic influence, but if I were more woke I'd see the real problem is freedom.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Uh huh, I know what the dictionary says. But its not reflective of how its often used. Basically you're just angry people use it in a neutral manner, disagreeing with me isn't gonna change that reality.

Also, its funny you seem to think I'm speaking just anecdotally. As if you somehow missed all the music, TV and movies where the n-word has been used neutrally. You're trying to change reality to make an argument.

People who get punished for using a slur are punished by people who deem themselves morally superior. They aren't punished because there is an actual victim. Frankly, I refrain from using slurs for the same reason I don't wear a MAGA hat in public. My moral superiors might make trouble and could use violence to show their moral superiority.

Again, an irrelevant extreme example. You equate my preference of freedom of speech to a fucked up country like Somalia. You give people a little freedom and the end result is Somalia. I can't help but think that's another country ravaged by Islamic influence, but if I were more woke I'd see the real problem is freedom.

How often something is used doesn't change the point put forward the reality is you're unable to argue against it being a slur hence your defence here is to hide behind ignorants using it.

The word has no neutrality that's the point that's why the majority of black people don't tolerate it, that's why majority black countries don't use the word, that's why countries outside of the US which have a black community has drawn a line against it just because you see Lil Wayne or whoever say it on TV it doesn't automatically give the word any neutrality that's the actual reality you're trying to ignore it to for your argument.

No people who use slurs are punished because it's a slur plain and simple trying to say the aren't any victims of slurs sums up your thinking.

No a fully relevant example because that's what you're advocating you only think it's extreme because you don't fully realize the path that direction goes ironically it's US interference trying to bring your notion of freedom that caused Somalia to be how it is so there you go.

Bandorr said:
vivster said:
I've been using the word my whole life and I will continue to do so in private conversations. I know the definition of racism and I know I am not a racist. Words mean nothing without context.

And the fact that some words are not allowed to be spoken even outside of their context is inherently wrong. It's despicable and narrow minded.

May be the first time i've seen that "I'm not a racist" not be immediately followed by "I have a black friend".

"It's despicable and narrow minded." - How ironic...

Weird response, no actual points were made. Its like you just wanted to show you disagree and you're morally superior but no substance.

Just to mix it up I say, "I have black friends but I'm incredibly racist."

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 26 April 2019

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wyrdness said:
Mr Puggsly said:

How often something is used doesn't change the point put forward the reality is you're unable to argue against it being a slur hence your defence here is to hide behind ignorants using it.

The word has no neutrality that's the point that's why the majority of black people don't tolerate it, that's why majority black countries don't use the word, that's why countries outside of the US which have a black community has drawn a line against it just because you see Lil Wayne or whoever say it on TV it doesn't automatically give the word any neutrality that's the actual reality you're trying to ignore it to for your argument.

No people who use slurs are punished because it's a slur plain and simple trying to say the aren't any victims of slurs sums up your thinking.

No a fully relevant example because that's what you're advocating you only think it's extreme because you don't fully realize the path that direction goes ironically it's US interference trying to bring your notion of freedom that caused Somalia to be how it is so there you go.

Your feelings about the n-word might not change, but that's not reflective of how its used. I'm just bystander who's not offended by words on their own, I'm not you.

Okay, I'm tired of going in circles. Yes, the n-word is used neutrally. I don't care how a majority of people might feel about it, that's not reflective of everybody. There are also words most people are fine with that offend some.

There are no victims from a slur being said on its own. If its a crime its a victimless crime.

Freedom has never lead to shitholes like Somalia. Also, freedom and Islam aren't really compatible. For example, Somalia.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Your feelings about the n-word might not change, but that's not reflective of how its used. I'm just bystander who's not offended by words on their own, I'm not you.

Okay, I'm tired of going in circles. Yes, the n-word is used neutrally. I don't care how a majority of people might feel about it, that's not reflective of everybody. There are also words most people are fine with that offend some.

There are no victims from a slur being said on its own. If its a crime its a victimless crime.

Freedom has never lead to shitholes like Somalia. Also, freedom and Islam aren't really compatible. For example, Somalia.

Oh you're very moved by words hence your labeling earlier.

Again the is no neutral use it's a slur end of much like the is no neutral use of any other slur whether aimed at Asians, Jews, Gays etc... You don't have to care the majority are who are targeted and affected by it's use which makes their stance more relevant than your own a bystander advocating for its use.

A slur is a derogatory label walk up to any ethnic person and say the slur by itself and you'll find out just how wrong your it's not a crime notion is.

Freedom has lead to that for centuries it was happening in Europe for millennia and had the US as an oppressive region for non whites for ages what reduced all of it was the introduction of order where ruling entities took over and set precedents the fact that you're bringing in an Islamophobic notion is disturbing. Libya an Islamic state had more freedom for people than many western countries they even have free health care, education and families of new borns were given $5000 the country went to shit when western forces removed the old regime and now the country is a failed state as a result, just because western media enjoys painting Arabs doesn't make it so.

In my experience, most people who use that word when playing video games use it because they are looking for the most offensive and repugnant word to use in order to vent their frustration, not because they are racist.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Wyrdness said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh you're very moved by words hence your labeling earlier.

Again the is no neutral use it's a slur end of much like the is no neutral use of any other slur whether aimed at Asians, Jews, Gays etc... You don't have to care the majority are who are targeted and affected by it's use which makes their stance more relevant than your own a bystander advocating for its use.

A slur is a derogatory label walk up to any ethnic person and say the slur by itself and you'll find out just how wrong your it's not a crime notion is.

Freedom has lead to that for centuries it was happening in Europe for millennia and had the US as an oppressive region for non whites for ages what reduced all of it was the introduction of order where ruling entities took over and set precedents the fact that you're bringing in an Islamophobic notion is disturbing. Libya an Islamic state had more freedom for people than many western countries they even have free health care, education and families of new borns were given $5000 the country went to shit when western forces removed the old regime and now the country is a failed state as a result, just because western media enjoys painting Arabs doesn't make it so.

Correction, you were upset by a label.

The n-word has found a neutral use culturally. I know you don't like it, too bad. Again, you call me an advocate of the n-word. I'm less than that, I'm neutral. I would warn a kid not to use the n-word because it could upset people, but I wouldn't argue people being upset is logical.

Again, an ethnic person's potential use of violence becomes an example of what we should be allowed to do or say. People like you make me look like Jesus. I don't necessarily have to use a racial slur to get a fight started by way, I could also say, "YOU FUCKING CUNT!"

I love your over simplification of history. Freedom is responsible for so many problems. With logic like that I can see how tyrants attain power.

Lastly, free healthcare is not freedom. Free stuff in general in not freedom. Libya was more stable with a tyrant, now Libya is what seems to happen to countries with Islam and no tyrant. I'm not attacking Islamic people per se, just what seems to become of their countries from example after example.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 27 April 2019

Recently Completed

Azuren said:
In my experience, most people who use that word when playing video games use it because they are looking for the most offensive and repugnant word to use in order to vent their frustration, not because they are racist.

If you were decent woke person, the n-word wouldn't be in your vocabulary. Just even thinking of using that word means you're a white nationalist.

Recently Completed

Bandorr said:
vivster said:
I've been using the word my whole life and I will continue to do so in private conversations. I know the definition of racism and I know I am not a racist. Words mean nothing without context.

And the fact that some words are not allowed to be spoken even outside of their context is inherently wrong. It's despicable and narrow minded.

May be the first time i've seen that "I'm not a racist" not be immediately followed by "I have a black friend".

"It's despicable and narrow minded." - How ironic...

There is nothing in his comment that can be compared to that,its like you stopped thinking after you read he used the word.