Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone "VS" Horizon First Week Sales

twintail said:
outlawauron said:

I'm not of that mind. Days Gone will have trouble finding much of an audience. I'll be surprised if it does half of Horizon's lifetime sales.

hmm, how so?

I don't think it'll have the quality of Horizon to push into that sales level. I could be wrong and the game truly surprises people, but I don't think a 75-80 rated game is going to have the same push (from Sony and voice of mouth) that Horizon had.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
twintail said:

hmm, how so?

I don't think it'll have the quality of Horizon to push into that sales level. I could be wrong and the game truly surprises people, but I don't think a 75-80 rated game is going to have the same push (from Sony and voice of mouth) that Horizon had.

that is fair. I do think quality might be an issue, but I see it only affecting the game in the long term. Apparently pre orders in the US are strong. I also think that being open world and zombie based gives it a lot of instant mass appeal.

Even if it doesn't reach Horizon levels I do hope sales at least please Sony Bend. Been a while since they were on the console space properly

outlawauron said:
twintail said:

I doubt many ppl are tired of the zombie genre.

If anything, Days Gone has way more mass appeal than Horizon. I reckon it has a pretty good chance outdoing it week 1

I'm not of that mind. Days Gone will have trouble finding much of an audience. I'll be surprised if it does half of Horizon's lifetime sales.

That still means 5 million units sold, which I guess is fine. The game has the advantage that it has little competition though. But I find it difficult to predict the sales of this game. If reviews are good I could see it having a +1 million opening and possible over 4,5 million units sold this year. To end up around 6 million tops. If reviews are not good I could also see it fallibg short of 3 million. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Horizon Zero Dawn,

but Days Gone is maybe the Dream for "Walking Dead" and Zombie-Fans. Hope strong sales figures, we all want new big Games-IPs : )

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM

10 days left.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

my pre order is coming in 8 days, i hope : P
official 9 days left now :)

first week for "Days Gone": ca. 1,2 million units, is my prediction.

8 more days. I'm actually excited for this, I never would have though I would be. A zombie survival game at that. Counting the days.

China Numba wan!!

So true! Hope the Best for us :)

There was a lot more hype around Horizon so i don't think Days Gone will come close. I am not expecting Days Gone to be another masterpiece but I have to say that it does look better and better every time they show new footage. So who knows, maybe it will be a sleeper hit after all.

It will sell great; but not that great though. It will be a great game with great reviews, but all those PC/SJW sites with all the the "hate" against white heterosexual males; they will review it badly; affecting the perception of the game and maybe affecting the sales too.