By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Animal Liberation Now!!

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Being a Vegan Evangelist is all about pushing our beliefs onto the world. The more people that sign up and join our Vegan movement the better. Being a Vegan is all about saving the Animals, hugging trees and saving the planet. Vegans consume less energy and leave a lower carbon foot print. I am a proud Vegan, I help reduce carbon emission, defend animal rights and help save the planet. It is a Big issue to us Vegans and we go out of our way protecting animal rights, environmental issues, saving the planet, reducing carbon emissions.

How about helping society by working?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
MrWayne said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I take it you don't know anybody with a nut allergy...

Well if you don't have a nut allergy, nuts are indeed one of the healthiest things you can eat.

LMAO

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Jumpin said:
0D0 said:
I'm against animal cruelty, but the idea of animal rights is too much.

Vegan is just anti-natural. Balanced is ok, vegan is just a sort of extremism to me.

Eating the flesh of farmed animals is anti-natural. It's also incredibly damaging to the natural world.

How can it be anti-natural? We're animals that farm and eat other animals, we're all part of nature so why is it unnatural? And vegan can hardly be more natural than farming animals?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Meat and dairy industries are unsustainable, more land is needed to produce animals bred to be inhumanely treated and slaughtered and turned into human food products. The majority of the world in third world countries, animals continue to be treated in humanely, tortured before being killed for human consumption. In first world countries there has been a huge cover up of cruel treatment of animals for human food consumption. Far less land is needed to produce vegetables, fruits and grains that require less energy to produce and cheaper for consumers. Many humans around the world have allergies to dairy and other animal products like fish, eggs, chicken, pork, etc. It is only people in the Western world, where people have adapted to consuming dairy. There is no need for dairy in a normal diet, milk is for babies.

When the prices of quality steak fillets are around $40 to $50 per kg and lobsters are $30 each and fresh fillets are $30 to $40 per kg. High cost alone for quality meat products is enough to force people to become Vegetarian or Vegan. More people becoming Vegetarian and Vegans will help reduce carbon emissions and save on the energy costs involved in production and murder of animals for food production. Big Dairy and Big Meat Industries have lied through their teeth for year with their false claims that Dairy and Meat products are needed in human diet. End animal cruelty and Liberate Animals Now! Go Vegan!

Protesting is the only way to get attention to issues, build support, influence others to join the cause and force the government to implement change now!
Taking action is better than doing nothing and complaining about it.
Let's fight for Animal rights! Make more noise! Go Vegan!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Jumpin said:

We would reverse the health issues plaguing the world caused by the meteoric rise in meat and animal product consumption; similar to what's been happening with the decrease in smoking.

Other Health issues like Diabetes would meteorically rise.
Sugar/Carbs is Vegan remember... And guess what is pretty much in abundance in non-meat products?

Darwinianevolution said:

Again, then the answer is buy food from producers that do take care of their livestock, not just changing people's diet in such a fundamental way. People would be much open to animal's rights if they heard "Buy meat from farmers that take care of their cows" instead of "Stop eating cow".

This. I buy free-range eggs due to the ethical dilemma rather than caged eggs, it's about 40 cents more expensive per carton.
Not everyone can afford that (Considering I consume 2x dozen eggs per week just for myself.) though.

But the best way to reduce harm to animals is to market your product as a more ethical one, people will buy it if they have it available.

I will never give up meat. Just last week I went to the pub and ordered two steaks as I was loading, 1.2kg all told with a bowl of cauliflower on the side. Devoured the lot and loved it.

In saying that, I have given up cows milk and gelatin and opt for Unsweetened Almond Milk and Xanthan Gum as vegan alternatives, but still eat cheese.

John2290 said:
@irstupid Well they have been told by their doctor's that their diet is making them ill, how can you blame them for still making money off pushing the diet they can't hold to themselves. It's money after all, their money! How dare people attack their hypocrisy and the ethics of pushing a diet that makes them sick, it's making then money and they have a note from their doctor that says it's okay.

All diets can be healthy/unhealthy. It really depends if you are getting the appropriate macro-nutrients, so it's always a good idea to track your macros if you are being serious and keep in touch with your doctor to make sure you are going down the right path. Shit I do.

One thing I don't hold back on is the consumption of proteins though, but that's the Athlete talking.

SecondWar said:
I understand their sentiment from the ecological side, even if I believe their end goal is totally unrealistic. Then there's a part of this group (I don't know how big) that even tries to get other animals to go vegan, which is even more misguided. I'm all for reducing cardon footprint, I mostly try to stick to chicken or fish which have lesser impacts than beef/pork. But I'd be lying if I said I would ever go vegetarian.

Vegan and Vegetarian are different by the way.

Chris Hu said:

Actually if most people where vegans a lot less resources would be used by humans.  It takes way more resources to raise meat versus fruits, grains and vegetables.

In also saying that... Carbs tend to make you hungrier sooner than proteins, proteins require more calories to process as well.
So you will generally eat more on a carb-rich diet full of fruits, grains and vegetables.

Flilix said:

No it doesn't. Less cattle = less fields = more natural vegetation. It's not because they're not destroying everything, that they aren't destroying anything.

We are grain producing area, after the grain season has ended, farmers will generally introduce cattle to the idle paddock, where the cattle will keep the weeds down (Less chemicals required) and graze on stubble.
It would be idle wasted land otherwise and it allows the farmer to make some extra cash during the off-growing season.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I dont get why its or full vegan/vegetarian or full meat. Just mix it up, rice with meat or without, a salad with bread and butter, pasta with meat and without another day a nice steak with potatoes, pizza with or without, porkchops with beans, Burritos with tomato,carrots,shrooms,union, pickles and another time with ground beef its called balanced eating .....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
I dont get why its or full vegan/vegetarian or full meat. Just mix it up, rice with meat or without, a salad with bread and butter, pasta with meat and without another day a nice steak with potatoes, pizza with or without, porkchops with beans, Burritos with tomato,carrots,shrooms,union, pickles and another time with ground beef its called balanced eating .....

That is actually how we evolved. We are omnivores.
Our primary consumption is whatever is immediately available, the body does well to adapt.

There are entire groups of people who have for generations only eaten meat in the Arctic regions and have some of the longest, healthiest lives.

Pemalite said:
Flilix said:

No it doesn't. Less cattle = less fields = more natural vegetation. It's not because they're not destroying everything, that they aren't destroying anything.

We are grain producing area, after the grain season has ended, farmers will generally introduce cattle to the idle paddock, where the cattle will keep the weeds down (Less chemicals required) and graze on stubble.
It would be idle wasted land otherwise and it allows the farmer to make some extra cash during the off-growing season.

Yeah, I get that, but because of the enourmous amount of cattle we farm (look at the statistics posted earlier in this thread), this technique can only be used for a small percentage.

For the record, I don't think that making the entire world vegan is a realistic goal, and the vast majority of vegans knows that too. I'm also 99.9% sure that the OP is not being serious, considering his thread history. However, I do think that there should be a shift in mentality and that the average person should start eating significantly less meat (in the first place for the evironment).

Flilix said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah, I get that, but because of the enourmous amount of cattle we farm (look at the statistics posted earlier in this thread), this technique can only be used for a small percentage.

For the record, I don't think that making the entire world vegan is a realistic goal, and the vast majority of vegans knows that too. I'm also 99.9% sure that the OP is not being serious, considering his thread history. However, I do think that there should be a shift in mentality and that the average person should start eating significantly less meat (in the first place for the evironment).

Should also keep in mind that Cattle eating the stubble/weeds also assist in fertilizing the ground... Sure this might only be a small percentage of the farmland... But it's something very common in South Australia as we are the driest state on the driest continent in the world, so we need to cycle what we produce to maintain farm viability.

In saying that... In the last year I am probably eating more meat, because I need the protein to bulk and there is less carbohydrates in meat to assist in cutting, it also makes fasting easier as Carbohydrates will make you hungrier more often.
In short, more meat in my diet is healthier and my macro tracking and the doctor and the results I have had in the last year is backing me on that empirically...
Do I need allot of muscle mass? Yes. Yes I do. And animal proteins is one of the best ways to achieve that.

Meat is a staple of the Homosapien diet, it's always been there and will always be there, that's just a fact of life.
What I do take issue with (And the same thing generally holds true for most political/religious issues) is people trying to force their view upon others in an almost militant way... Where no other perspectives are allowed.
They should be trying to educate people in a constructive, civil manner, not invading farms, not holding up traffic, not calling people murderers... It doesn't help their cause a single iota, what they are doing is ostracizing themselves and destroying any positive messages.

I love animals, but some of them just exist to be eaten. It's the circle of life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsVRIqOhGA