By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have You Signed up to the Epic Games Store?

Have You Signed up to the Epic Games Store?

Yes 192 19.67%

Not yet, but I will 54 5.53%

Not yet, and I'm not sure if I will 135 13.83%

No, not interested 595 60.96%

Total:976

As long as their privacy regulations are not resolved and they don't add a ton of features, I'm not going to sign up there.

dane007 said:

I am saying no lol. I ak not going to support them because they are giving away free games. I rather just pay on steam and support steam instead lol.

John2290 said:
I do not believe this poll. No one says no to free games.

I do, and it's not free, you have to give them a ton of data about yourself, much more than Steam, itch or GOG together want to know about you. Thanks, but no thanks, you can keep your bribe.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 07 April 2019

Around the Network

Yes, and I already got 2 free games out of it. I also donated 100€ to their war effort against Steam and they gave me a free copy of the Borderlands Super Deluxe Edition for that! Isn't that nice of them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have just to see how bad the Store is, havnt got one game on it yet.

John2290 said:
Perhaps the people in the poll aren't interested in PC gaming because we already know there was 85 million users in a four month span. I find it terribly hard to believe that the cross over on a gaming forum isn't there unless these are console only gamers, or perhaps console focused gamers adding to the not interested poll option. I om't play fortnite and I downloaded while my Laptop is just barely keeping up with my OG Ps4 these days. Free games. A free download. This isn't a case of Ubisoft or EA's terrible launchers with no incentive besides being forced.

Frankly, I'm surprised by how many people voted yes. There really aren't that many PC people on this forum.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lately I've been using it semi-regularly. Every two weeks is a free game, so I login at least to make sure to get those. I've purchased Metro Exodus and Ashen, the only two that come to mind as legit purchases.

It's worth noting that EGS offers a much better deal for developers. Don't quote me on this, but I believe Steam takes a 30% cut (I think large games get a 20% cut if enough volume is sold), while EGS is 12%.

On a gaming forum such as this, it's to be expected that people will have strong biases, but man, it hurts to see so many of you missing out on great games.

Around the Network

Yes. I signed up back when Unreal Tournament 4 was new. I also grabbed Shadow Complex when it was free, and I make sure to log in and grab each of their free games as they become available.

I haven't made any purchases yet, but I have no qualms with doing so. When I go to buy games in the future, I'll be checking GOG, Steam, and Epic and getting the game where it's cheapest.

No, not interested currently. Maybe I'll sign up again to Steam many years (maybe more than ten) after abandoning it, but for now I'm only on GOG, and I haven't even reinstalled its client yet (not mandatory, anyway), after the last major reinstall I had to do on PC due to a stupid MS update (the one that did stuff for AMD CPUs owners also on CPU models not compatible with it) that had completely bricked Windows.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

S.Peelman said:
There should be a launcher for all these launchers.

Social Club, Origins, Uplay, etc will always be needed because that's how you connect to their servers. As well as a storefront for their games.

Not yet. If there's a game I want, then I will.

No, I'm fine with Steam and GOG. I have some games on Origin as well, but I try to purchase as few titles as possible on there.